Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10760 10761 [10762] 10763 10764 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14571339 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161415 on: December 16, 2022, 04:22:07 pm »

In pokemon scarlet I have a donkey, a goat, a pig, and a duck.  Just need a miltank, a torchic, and a ponyta and I could start a farm.

Huh, in Violet I just punched out a giant metal earthworm using the zombified corpse of a monkey animated by pure RAGE.

...Maybe starting a farm would be better.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161416 on: December 16, 2022, 04:36:32 pm »

Fortunately, every pokemon in existence is oviparous. Through determination alone, the guys grinding for shinies at the local day care have plummeted the price of delicious poke-eggs to next-to-nothing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161417 on: December 16, 2022, 04:41:59 pm »

How so? The eggs need to hatch to determine if the pokemon inside is shiny or not, so there shouldn't be a glut of eggs on the market.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161418 on: December 16, 2022, 05:11:28 pm »

Oh no I've exposed my poke-ignorance. I thought the egg would be shiny.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161419 on: December 16, 2022, 05:17:27 pm »

Eggsecute is an egg that hatches into more eggs.

In pokemon scarlet I have a donkey, a goat, a pig, and a duck.  Just need a miltank, a torchic, and a ponyta and I could start a farm.

Huh, in Violet I just punched out a giant metal earthworm using the zombified corpse of a monkey animated by pure RAGE.

...Maybe starting a farm would be better.
It's OK my donkey kicked a Giant Enemy Crab for massive damage.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161420 on: December 16, 2022, 08:50:43 pm »

what you really need is a fox, a cabbage, and a boat, and then you can be a puzzle.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161421 on: December 16, 2022, 11:21:11 pm »

I've started binge watching House lately. Some Youtube Shorts got me interested so I gave it a shot. I'm modestly knowledgeable about medicine and how hospitals work, given that I worked in a hospital for six years. While I do find the show decently entertaining, like holy shit does House break a lot of laws. There should be a crime counter on the side of the screen, cause that thing would be in the triple digits halfway through the second season.

Also, like fucking nobody cares about PPE, it's honestly immersion breaking. Patients are coughing, sneezing, vomiting, and shitting all over everyone, every day, and House and his crew are going at them ungloved and unmasked like they're immune to every disease on the planet. I mean, I can understand why, the masks would cover up their faces, and people want to SEE their favorite stars, and the execs paid for those faces, so goddamnit they're going to use the entire face.

I'm also just tickled pink that House's in-universe Dad is played by R. Lee Ermey. I just thought that was so funny.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161422 on: December 16, 2022, 11:28:27 pm »

House is good stuff, indeed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161423 on: December 16, 2022, 11:40:15 pm »

FWIW they do make some pretense at proper PPE in the operating theaters, and when it isn't used other characters will often complain about it. But an accurate representation of medicine it is not. Great fun though.

Spoiler: Very minor spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161424 on: December 17, 2022, 12:33:23 am »

Yeah it’s like police procedurals when they go to crime scenes in their normal clothes and just put on a pair of nylon gloves.

Yep, no contamination of evidence going on here.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161425 on: December 17, 2022, 03:35:24 am »

We don't need no PPE and proper procedures where we're going!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #161426 on: December 17, 2022, 05:36:22 am »

FWIW they do make some pretense at proper PPE in the operating theaters, and when it isn't used other characters will often complain about it. But an accurate representation of medicine it is not. Great fun though.

Spoiler: Very minor spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think you're overestimating ppe and hygieme compliance, especially in pre pandemic times

(Ie: dont you find it sus that reportedly cases of c difficile plummetted during covid. As if suddenly, somehow, people became more compliant with anti spread measures, for some reason)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161427 on: December 17, 2022, 05:54:33 am »

Whatsa see diffiseel, doctor
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161428 on: December 17, 2022, 05:23:03 pm »

Got a friend (member of my RPG group) visiting from Canada, figure I should see about baking some stuff she can eat without needing to take pills (celiac disease and lactose intolerant, not a great combination.) It's been a while since I baked anything for the group of us anyway, so some time with a mixing bowl is long overdue.

So now I am delving into the world of gluten free baking, and boy is it more complicated on the face of it than baking with grain flour. Mild WTF, I knew gluten free wasn't going to be a simple 1:1 substitution after all, but the extent to which the ratios change is more than I expected.

Was going to make pretzels, but I think the gluten free flour I was able to get isn't a good match for that, at least not straight up, so maybe a cake instead in the immediate term? Think it'll have to be a cake, we don't have the cases for muffins and I've never baked cookies before.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161429 on: December 17, 2022, 06:08:24 pm »

I would say that cookies tend to be easy in general, and typically rely least on gluten for structure (if they don't rise properly and hold that shape it doesn't really matter). The gluten-free variants probably just use more binding agent (eggs etc) and whatever dry/liquid rebalancing comes with that. Peanut butter cookies might be a good pick to avoid lactose.

A cake that relies on rising (and not collapsing) sounds harder to me, though I haven't tried it.
Pages: 1 ... 10760 10761 [10762] 10763 10764 ... 11040