Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10758 10759 [10760] 10761 10762 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14572084 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161385 on: December 15, 2022, 11:08:02 am »

Why is it so much harder to buy gifts for an eight year old than it was for a baby? There's far more things he can get now than he could then, but almost none of it feels like he'd actually play with it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161386 on: December 15, 2022, 11:11:56 am »

Get him an accessory.  A nice chain or something.  Something not too valuable, but fun?

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161387 on: December 15, 2022, 11:25:23 am »

Maybe some beadwork?  Walmart (I know, I know) has a lot of little $1 packets of beads and wire.  Along with some $10 kits with tools.  There's also that popular brand of colored plastic thingies for making designs, dunno what he's up for at 8.

Maybe Lego?  I assume it never went out of style.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161388 on: December 15, 2022, 11:35:14 am »

Bees?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161389 on: December 15, 2022, 11:41:29 am »

anything that has money to promote it's content is invalid.
Any business which can afford to advertise to me is not in need of more money to survive. Therefore ads are an efficient means of deciding what not to buy. By spending your money on things which aren't advertised to you, you're supporting people most in need while placing a force against accumulation and conglomeration, making the market more consumer friendly by preserving more options which would otherwise be pushed out of business.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161390 on: December 15, 2022, 11:58:45 am »

Any business which can afford to advertise to me is not in need of more money to survive. Therefore ads are an efficient means of deciding what not to buy. By spending your money on things which aren't advertised to you, you're supporting people most in need while placing a force against accumulation and conglomeration, making the market more consumer friendly by preserving more options which would otherwise be pushed out of business.
Right?  I also felt like [The little lizard company] couldn't possibly be the best choice for insurance because of their extravagant ad-campaign.  I don't know if other companies are passing me the savings, but all I know about that company is that it's spending an awful lot to try to convince people.  They aren't using facts and logic, either, just circuses.

There's a flipside wherein a company does need SOME exposure to be fairly considered, but I remain deeply skeptical of that lizard.  Coke and Pepsi too.  I used to get a lot of flack for being "too indie", but trying diverse things is brave and sometimes I find something like birch soda that I love on its own merits.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161391 on: December 15, 2022, 12:00:45 pm »

... birch soda?  Like, carbonated tree juice?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161392 on: December 15, 2022, 12:05:09 pm »

Birch beer is what it's actually called, but it's soda.  I get it from an Amish market that's on the long drive to my mom's.

It's... sharp, maybe bitter?  Not excessively so.  Everyone I've offered it to finds it mildly distasteful.  That's valid - I feel the same way about cola.  This hits the spot for me!

I actually just found out that the company, Kutztown, also offers a Sarsparilla!  I might need to order that online since the outlet I frequent doesn't carry that brand.
She/they

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161393 on: December 15, 2022, 12:14:27 pm »

When I had the opportunity to try birch beer, it reminded me most closely of toothpaste flavoring.  Much more "minty" than root beer, say.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161394 on: December 15, 2022, 12:26:53 pm »

Birch beer is what it's actually called, but it's soda.  I get it from an Amish market that's on the long drive to my mom's.
checking, it actually is carbonated tree juice, specifically birch sap, sometimes the bark

It often does have alcohol in it, though. Sometimes the name is truth in advertising.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161395 on: December 15, 2022, 12:31:12 pm »

Right?  I also felt like [The little lizard company] couldn't possibly be the best choice for insurance because of their extravagant ad-campaign.  I don't know if other companies are passing me the savings, but all I know about that company is that it's spending an awful lot to try to convince people.  They aren't using facts and logic, either, just circuses.

There's a flipside wherein a company does need SOME exposure to be fairly considered, but I remain deeply skeptical of that lizard.  Coke and Pepsi too.  I used to get a lot of flack for being "too indie", but trying diverse things is brave and sometimes I find something like birch soda that I love on its own merits.

Lil Lizard even had a whole caveman sitcom from one of their ad campaigns.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161396 on: December 15, 2022, 12:56:30 pm »

You don't have to buy birch juice Rolan you can just go out in the forest and stick a tap in a random tree and drip your own. It's tradition here :D
Love, scriver~

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161397 on: December 15, 2022, 01:00:47 pm »

You don't have to buy birch juice Rolan you can just go out in the forest and stick a tap in a random tree and drip your own. It's tradition here :D

Ah yes, the beloved tradition of drinking trees.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161398 on: December 15, 2022, 01:10:13 pm »

sap tap, sap tap, take a sip, now tap more sap

I think ginger ale companies also have taps on trees.
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161399 on: December 15, 2022, 01:25:05 pm »

I'm all into hugging trees but drinking their sap is off limits.  Diabetes risk.

it's also a little different than the diet soda made from their bark :P
I did chew on certain wild leaves growing up though, a naturalist showed us which ones were safe (lots of unsafe berries out there, not to mention mushrooms!).  Wild onions and my mom's herb garden too.  Fun times.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 10758 10759 [10760] 10761 10762 ... 11040