Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10692 10693 [10694] 10695 10696 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558527 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160395 on: July 21, 2022, 03:08:20 am »

Which one? I know for a fact that GreatValue Toaster Pastry is still a thing.

As is BestChoice Toaster Pastry
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 03:10:34 am by wierd »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160396 on: July 21, 2022, 04:28:12 am »

I was very disappointed with Oreos when I tried some. They're very coco-ey tasting, like baking chocolate and the cream is just kind of meh. Much prefer TimTams or Shortbread Creams.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160397 on: July 21, 2022, 07:05:25 am »

I'm still disappointed that they changed the Oreo recipe.  They are more... crispy than they used to be, among other things.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160398 on: July 21, 2022, 07:19:49 am »

Oreos are best once they've basically gone stale and turned kinda' squishy, tbh. Their out of packaging state is thoroughly bleh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160399 on: July 21, 2022, 08:06:27 am »

This lack of rain is actually getting a bit absurd. All of July and June we've had nothing more than brief, heavy showers. The fact that there's any water still flowing in the rivers and streams seems something of a miracle.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160400 on: July 21, 2022, 05:02:17 pm »

The dog has managed to cry about my mother being out of the house (went to the movies with my father) more or less constantly for about four hours now. How he hasn't given up or decided to go to sleep and wait is beyond me.

EDIT: He finally seems to have quietened down.

All he's wanted to do for the past while is cry to be let out, just so he can sit in the front garden and wait for my mother to return. I'd be fine with letting him do so, but the garden isn't secure so he can't be out in it without some level of supervision or he might jump the wall, which he has done before.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 05:26:47 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160401 on: July 21, 2022, 06:03:06 pm »

While back we got one of those anti-bark collars (not a zappy one, but lets out a fairly loud noise when the dog gets too loud) for the dog here and, like. It works pretty well? Might give it a try if it becomes a significant issue.

in personal wtf, I'm starting to think my boss has a vendetta against packing materials. Came back from being sick for a few days and they've yet again yeeted all the boxes and packing paper (and the reusable mailers, which were previously left alone) we were keeping around to ship stuff with. It's now something I have to talk to them about instead of just an odd quirk, because they've managed to toss a bunch of stuff we, like... needed to do our job. There's things we just straight up can't ship out at the moment, due to them chucking everything we had big enough to fit it.

... it's extra problematic due to us having built back up a decent stock of boxes. Think somewhere over a hundred bucks worth of usable boxes and miscellaneous other packing supplies got trashed this time, which is, just... yeah.
Ask not!
Ask!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160402 on: July 21, 2022, 07:08:50 pm »

Pop tarts just started being a thing when I was a kid, and I remember that eating them untoasted used to be the "rogue" consumption. Kinda like the kids that just ate their ramen noodle as a brick and then the flavor packet, no hot water involved. Or cereal without milk or any other liquid. Or pouring hot juice over your oatmeal instead of actually boiling it up.

Now it's the normal one I guess!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160403 on: July 21, 2022, 07:18:24 pm »

Pop tarts just started being a thing when I was a kid, and I remember that eating them untoasted used to be the "rogue" consumption. Kinda like the kids that just ate their ramen noodle as a brick and then the flavor packet, no hot water involved.
Eating ramen like that isn't "rogue" it's psychotic.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160404 on: July 21, 2022, 07:24:02 pm »

I used to drive past the Kellog's factory in Muncy, PA.  The air smelled like pop tarts for around a mile, sometimes more if the wind was blowing just so.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160405 on: July 21, 2022, 07:32:10 pm »

Pop tarts just started being a thing when I was a kid, and I remember that eating them untoasted used to be the "rogue" consumption. Kinda like the kids that just ate their ramen noodle as a brick and then the flavor packet, no hot water involved.
Yeah ramen's kinda sharp for that.  Letting it soak in room temperature water for at least 20 minutes is a lot more pleasant. 
If I'm going to bother to "cook" quick-ramen, I'm breaking out the eggs and cutting board vegetables and making a proper meal of it.  At which point the only reason not to make a rice dish is variety.

Also, quick-ramen is a little greasy already but benefits from adding a bit more vegetable oil IMO.  And maybe using one "flavor" (salt) packet per two bricks, or better yet, some miso paste.

I used to love eating instant oatmeal dry while hiking.  And adding liquid to any cereal besides grape nuts is still weird to me.  Especially milk, bleh.  Yes I was making gruel out of grape nuts, it was better than dousing crystalline sugar in milk like most kids.

I used to drive past the Kellog's factory in Muncy, PA.  The air smelled like pop tarts for around a mile, sometimes more if the wind was blowing just so.
Speaking of Kellog, my love of bland cereal did not have the effect he claimed it should have.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160406 on: July 21, 2022, 07:34:30 pm »

welcome to elemeeeeeentary schooooooooooooooooooooool
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #160407 on: July 21, 2022, 08:05:59 pm »

Horrors beyond ramen imagination

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160408 on: July 21, 2022, 08:28:37 pm »

Horrors beyond ramen imagination
I hate croutons in my salad but other than that this seems enlightened NGL
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160409 on: July 21, 2022, 08:37:19 pm »

And maybe using one "flavor" (salt) packet per two bricks, or better yet, some miso paste.
Like, when I started experimenting with seasonings, I found you can pretty easily stretch one of those packets out over like... 8+ other meals, and still taste plenty strong. You don't need one packet per two bricks, you need one packet per like dozen bricks. There's just way too much goddamn salt in those things.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 10692 10693 [10694] 10695 10696 ... 11040