Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10665 10666 [10667] 10668 10669 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558214 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159990 on: June 03, 2022, 01:37:56 am »

I never said it's good that the steam version won't have a keyboard-only option.

???

I never said you said that.
I never said you said I said Max said Fox said the said you said we go we go said saidy said sad

I never said nuffin’ or nuffin’.

Yours is, of course, the only experience that matters.

This is actually a really good point.

It is truly only each individual user's experience that matters.

My apologies to both hector 13 and MaxTheFox. I didn't get that on first read.

That is a profoundly untrue statement, what I said.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 01:40:36 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #159991 on: June 03, 2022, 01:49:44 am »

I never said it's good that the steam version won't have a keyboard-only option.

???

Seemed like you implied that with your first post.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #159992 on: June 03, 2022, 01:55:52 am »

???

Implication and inference are two different things.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159993 on: June 03, 2022, 02:01:01 am »

???

I never said you said I said Max said Fox said the said you said we go we go said saidy said sad

I never said nuffin’ or nuffin’.

Yours is, of course, the only experience that matters.

This is actually a really good point.

It is truly only each individual user's experience that matters.

My apologies to both hector 13 and MaxTheFox. I didn't get that on first read.

That is a profoundly untrue statement, what I said.
Hm, I thought your statement was profound, but if you wish to deny it, I guess I can't stop you.

So I'll clarify my position.
For each user, the most important thing to that user is their experience.
Circling back to the issue of the mouse being mandatory, there are indeed users that can only play the game without a mouse. 

Someone mentioned an interface for the blind.  From the limited forum posts that I have read on this topic, a mouse is exceeding worse for a blind person to track/visualize versus a keyboard.  The mouse requires more tracking, and its interface with menus can pose issues.  But those same forum posts indicated that it was possible.

This of course means that some users are going to sympathize with the experiences of other users above their own interests. While I might like mouse support, I'd probably prefer knowing that blind people can more easily access the game.

Eh, so I guess I'm wrong.  Oh well, being wrong because at least some people are better than I might suspect is a delight.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159994 on: June 03, 2022, 02:35:03 am »

???

Implication and inference are two different things.
I actually didn't think of blind people who would find it very hard to use a mouse with DF. But they also wouldn't benefit much from using the Steam port over the free version in the first place, since its main selling point is visual and UI polishing.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159995 on: June 03, 2022, 03:41:51 am »

Using a mouse to play DF seems like a pain in the ass, and I'm someone that's used the trackpad to play Left 4 Dead.

If furries were a thing in the 1930s
I don't see why they wouldn't be a thing back then.
The fandom got started in the 80s.
But there probably were people that were into similar stuff before the fandom became a thing
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159996 on: June 03, 2022, 03:47:01 am »

But there probably were people that were into similar stuff before the fandom became a thing
Maybe, but they weren't really organized in that way.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159997 on: June 03, 2022, 04:04:16 am »

Probably no organization at all back then do to the way people thought about nonstandard interests like that, and to go back to the original point the Nazis probably would have killed anyone they found to be into things like that, because Nazis are dicks and would kill anyone that didn't fit their mold of what they wanted people to be.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159998 on: June 03, 2022, 04:11:27 am »

Probably no organization at all back then do to the way people thought about nonstandard interests like that, and to go back to the original point the Nazis probably would have killed anyone they found to be into things like that, because Nazis are dicks and would kill anyone that didn't fit their mold of what they wanted people to be.
Well that was my point.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159999 on: June 03, 2022, 07:28:14 am »

The real question is - 3D dwarf when?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160001 on: June 03, 2022, 07:35:34 am »

Pretty certainly, with all the varyingly anthro deities and whatnot in human history. Some folks back in egypt were probably really into the ibis head on whatstheirname. Iirc there's myths of folks banging what we'd call furries nowadays going way, waaaay back. It definitely never reached the point of organization we currently see, but the general sentiment is probably at least as old as human civilization.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160002 on: June 03, 2022, 07:51:00 am »

Damn I was hoping Rose still was working on it.  It looked really cool
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160003 on: June 03, 2022, 07:54:03 am »

Pretty certainly, with all the varyingly anthro deities and whatnot in human history. Some folks back in egypt were probably really into the ibis head on whatstheirname. Iirc there's myths of folks banging what we'd call furries nowadays going way, waaaay back. It definitely never reached the point of organization we currently see, but the general sentiment is probably at least as old as human civilization.
Around 35000 years ago is older than human civilization! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-man
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #160004 on: June 03, 2022, 08:23:54 am »

Beware a crisis of categories, friends.

Anthropomorphic deities ≠ furries. Nor do their worshipers. Societies which relied on and feared nature created gods which reflected their understanding of *palpatine voice* supreme power. Dressing to resemble these figures was intended to imbue the individual with personal power or the clan with divine support.

Furries owe their existence to a very different impulse; the desire for release. Society places bonds upon humans; by dressing as animals and deliberately constructing a persona these bonds are loosened. The community is essentially a support network for those who find release in the othering of themselves.

These are distinct categories of meaning. Only the loosest possible definition could hope to contain both; at which point definition itself becomes stretched to the point of meaninglessness.

My tea-fueled two cents.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 08:30:58 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10665 10666 [10667] 10668 10669 ... 11040