Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10653 10654 [10655] 10656 10657 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14560784 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159810 on: May 10, 2022, 12:44:01 pm »

I’ve not seen them with one.

I also haven’t seen them around for a while, but I frequent only a few threads around here.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159811 on: May 10, 2022, 12:46:10 pm »

I've never had one, I generally don't outside of my steam account. I also haven't been around for a while - real life has a bad habit of getting the best of me every few months.

Kinda just caught me off guard, since I dip in and out so much
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159812 on: May 10, 2022, 04:22:48 pm »

Like all stormy weather, you are well enough known to be feared and awed
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159813 on: May 10, 2022, 07:47:14 pm »

Went to the park to walk the dogs while our house was being shown, stopped at the horse trail end and camping area, and found a bunch of weird jelly blobs in a puddle where water was pooling in the parking area. Thought they were slime mold or something when I saw broken smooshed ones but there's puddles full of little orbs of globular of kinda smooth, fatty, slightly slimy things. Like clearly alive, obviously not eggs as they're all different sizes and shapes. The little ones were pretty spherical, but bigger ones were flattened. They're all greenish brown, nothing visibly inside them. Pulled one open and the exterior is a couple millimeters thick, inside was full of watery fluid which got sprayed all over my shirt. No idea what they actually are.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159814 on: May 10, 2022, 09:46:17 pm »

Went to the park to walk the dogs while our house was being shown, stopped at the horse trail end and camping area, and found a bunch of weird jelly blobs in a puddle where water was pooling in the parking area. Thought they were slime mold or something when I saw broken smooshed ones but there's puddles full of little orbs of globular of kinda smooth, fatty, slightly slimy things. Like clearly alive, obviously not eggs as they're all different sizes and shapes. The little ones were pretty spherical, but bigger ones were flattened. They're all greenish brown, nothing visibly inside them. Pulled one open and the exterior is a couple millimeters thick, inside was full of watery fluid which got sprayed all over my shirt. No idea what they actually are.
Hmm. Collect a sample and see if anybody can analyze it. https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/nostoc_a_green_jelly_like_substance_growing_in_lawns
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159815 on: May 11, 2022, 01:02:37 am »

Cars have proximity sensors that work on human audible frequencies.

Someone parked their car in an underpass. I had to pass by it. While I was in front and behind it, I heard pulses of high-pitched sound. While I was next to it, it was constant. It was really annoying.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MusicMagician

• Bay Watcher
  • ヒトリダケナンテエラベナイヨー! (I can't just choose one)
    • View Profile
« Reply #159816 on: May 11, 2022, 01:43:45 am »

Cars have proximity sensors that work on human audible frequencies.

Someone parked their car in an underpass. I had to pass by it. While I was in front and behind it, I heard pulses of high-pitched sound. While I was next to it, it was constant. It was really annoying.

I hope that's not the car honking.
Always take time to leave your passion behind for a greater happiness. Don't hide it and lie about it.
I'm sorry if I can't hold my promise because of my internal paranoia. I'd still be open if anyone really cares...
I don't know, what am I would be thinking if I'm isolated from the entire outer world? I definitely wouldn't imagine to be that kind of person. Somebody have to help my mind about this!
What it takes to be an idol?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159817 on: May 11, 2022, 03:25:21 am »

My guess would be some kind of algae or bacterial colony. It sounds like something that's partially encysted to resist drying out while the inner part of the colony stays moist and is free to carry out chemical processes, likely photosynthesis. Chances are the inside is under pressure from gaseous byproducts that can't escape the outer casing, hence the fluid spraying out when opened.

Alternatively; Aliens.  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159818 on: May 11, 2022, 10:29:53 am »

China has arrested the 90-year old Hongkongese cardinal Joseph Zen, for conspiring with foreign powers.
Zen is a board member for a Hongkongese human rights organisation that provides support for people that were arrested during street protests in Hong Kong

I know China has no love for organised religion other that the Word of Xi, but a cardinal?
Let's hope the Pope doesn't call for a crusade. We can't spare any catholics to go fight atheists right now, they are needed to fight other christians.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159819 on: May 11, 2022, 10:34:24 am »

Honestly, the pope declaring a crusade would probably just check off some cosmic bingo card. Hopefully the cardinal gets out of there safely.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159820 on: May 11, 2022, 11:03:53 am »

It would be glorious honestly.  Just a casual crusade against Russian Orthodoxy!!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159821 on: May 11, 2022, 11:05:35 am »

Yeah, because that wouldn't have any major consequences

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159822 on: May 11, 2022, 11:49:38 am »

I think major consequences would be the point.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159823 on: May 11, 2022, 02:52:04 pm »

Im pretty sure that Eric has been assimilated by now into the blob alien thingy.
A crusade now would probably not be heed by many if none.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159824 on: May 11, 2022, 03:26:15 pm »

Huh. Pharma shill commercial ended on "these aren't the only serious side effects", which... I haven't seen before, or at least if I had it's been a long, long time.

Makes me wonder if the pharma bastards stateside managed to loosen regs on drug ads or somethin'...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10653 10654 [10655] 10656 10657 ... 11040