Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10637 10638 [10639] 10640 10641 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558156 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159570 on: April 05, 2022, 10:16:40 pm »

Could the phone just be tracking location data? That was the explanation that always made the most sense to me, though that's still creepy.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159571 on: April 05, 2022, 10:19:57 pm »

Of course is by tracking location. Not as creppy, probably just by IP geolocation.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159572 on: April 06, 2022, 06:10:50 am »

Tell me how Facebook knew I set up a date with a black woman and they started throwing group suggestions for interracial couples at me within 4 hours of it
I had something similar happen to me once. I talked with my sister about a video I watched on YT a year or so prior (I had my phone with me, not sure if my sister had). The next time I load up yt (on my computer), the very video is high on my suggested list. It was not there before.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159573 on: April 06, 2022, 08:08:10 am »

I am puzzled now. I thought it was Ramadan?
My Turkish neighbor lady just brought me two (delicious) lamachun.

Perhaps her headscarf and saying 'inshallah' are not religious, but cultural.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159574 on: April 06, 2022, 09:25:02 am »

Tell me how Facebook knew I set up a date with a black woman and they started throwing group suggestions for interracial couples at me within 4 hours of it
I had something similar happen to me once. I talked with my sister about a video I watched on YT a year or so prior (I had my phone with me, not sure if my sister had). The next time I load up yt (on my computer), the very video is high on my suggested list. It was not there before.
Its super spooky.  Do not like
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159575 on: April 06, 2022, 10:53:41 am »

I am puzzled now. I thought it was Ramadan?
My Turkish neighbor lady just brought me two (delicious) lamachun.

Perhaps her headscarf and saying 'inshallah' are not religious, but cultural.
That... should be okay? Ramadan doesn't have unusual dietary restrictions, mostly just the no-eat-during-day thing, and there's nothing there about giving food to someone else regardless. There's also exceptions as a general thing for some people. What's the problem?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159576 on: April 06, 2022, 10:55:28 am »

It was still daytime. You'd think that during a fast, you wouldn't be preparing food for others?
Especially since eating during Ramadan daytime is a considered sinful. Why entice your neighbor to sin?

There's no problem, I'm just puzzled
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 10:57:42 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159577 on: April 06, 2022, 11:00:02 am »

Far as I can tell there's no restriction about prepping, really. Under certain circumstances (feeding the needy, elderly, or infirm, ferex, which has a specific carve out in the traditions involved) it'd even be expected. You're not supposed to ingest during the daylight hours and that's most of the behavioral restrictions.

The apparent believer seemed fine with it, so trust it was okay with whatever belief tradition they follow :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159578 on: April 06, 2022, 11:06:49 am »

Its super spooky.  Do not like

A person from this forum but in a completely different country irl showed up in my snapchat friend recommendations
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159579 on: April 06, 2022, 01:58:37 pm »

I have the impression that Ramadan fasting is a personal challenge/observance.  Preparing food for someone else during a fast seems like a show of particular personal strength and piety!

(It'd be different if you were trying to observe the fast as well, lol)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 02:00:11 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159580 on: April 06, 2022, 08:30:58 pm »

Exaxtly they aren't supposed to eat at those hours but a important part of it, as far as I know, is to feed others. Perhaps the needy but also the ones you care about. That is your neighbor being nice and showing care for you and the community.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159581 on: April 07, 2022, 03:12:20 am »

(It'd be different if you were trying to observe the fast as well, lol)
Competitive Ramadan. The last one fasting wins.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159582 on: April 07, 2022, 03:14:10 am »

Well I had no doubt the gesture was friendly.
She has brought me some nice meals before and I have returned the favour a few times when I cooked something halal.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159583 on: April 07, 2022, 04:16:12 am »

There are also moderate muslims who don't observe the fasting portion of Ramadan, just as there are moderate catholics who don't observe the fasting portion of Lent. I was talking with a dude a while back who said he'd tried it, but that it wasn't for him.

That said, wearing headscarves and saying things like "inshallah" can also definitely be cultural things rather than religious. Just like how I say "oh my god" without being religious.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159584 on: April 07, 2022, 03:17:22 pm »

I wear a mask in public, and I'm no Muslim... :P
(Well, sometimes...)
Pages: 1 ... 10637 10638 [10639] 10640 10641 ... 11039