Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10614 10615 [10616] 10617 10618 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14570808 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159225 on: January 22, 2022, 08:41:06 pm »

AFC divisional game 1 - Cincinatti vs. Titans. Cincinatti suffered 9 sacks (not counting at least two that didn't officially happen because of penalties) and 1 INT. And won 19-16. Not going to complain about it as a long time fan, but...

They won the game while effectively not having an offensive line. Titans had some major screwups, but still. Impressive.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159226 on: January 22, 2022, 10:36:27 pm »

Oh lord, goverment held lists are a bad thing in a lot of scenarios. Have to thread carefully there. Google maisanta list or taskon list and you know what I mean but you probably can infer what it is.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159227 on: January 23, 2022, 02:48:47 am »

Thankfully, governments are run so inefficiently that their lists can only do minimal damage.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159228 on: January 23, 2022, 03:20:08 am »

The high boss of the company I work for managed to delete it's whole database.

Apparently this is the SECOND time he did that.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159229 on: January 23, 2022, 04:05:03 am »

Why would they let him near it if he's already managed to delete it once before?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #159230 on: January 23, 2022, 04:30:15 am »

Why would they let him near it if he's already managed to delete it once before?
A severe case of brainletism.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159231 on: January 23, 2022, 07:43:01 am »

But you have a mostly up to date back up right?

My own wtf. Pete keeps insisting his "old parents" died in a fire and then he "found" us. His old dad name was Howard Puck.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:35:54 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159232 on: January 23, 2022, 09:03:08 am »

Yeah, they restored from backup the same day. It just confuses me how he was both stupid enough and allowed to do it twice.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #159233 on: January 23, 2022, 11:25:55 am »

Thankfully, governments are run so inefficiently that their lists can only do minimal damage.

Well Russia routinely try to murder defectors in other countries so, perhaps not.

Probably not a good thing to be in a government list in China either.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159234 on: January 23, 2022, 05:19:32 pm »

Yeah, they restored from backup the same day. It just confuses me how he was both stupid enough and allowed to do it twice.

He's the Boss.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #159235 on: January 23, 2022, 05:44:20 pm »

My own wtf. Pete keeps insisting his "old parents" died in a fire and then he "found" us. His old dad name was Howard Puck.
Reincarnation or a garbled retelling of 'Donald Duck.'

You decide!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159236 on: January 24, 2022, 01:42:50 am »

You decide!
Spin the wheel to discover what your kid's talking about!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159237 on: January 24, 2022, 09:00:27 am »

You decide!
I choose: Both at once!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159238 on: January 24, 2022, 02:23:29 pm »

Just sounds like a kid being weird to me. I've known kids who asked people to help them 'hide a body,' and it's just a doll or completely imaginary, likely the result of mashing different things they've read, seen on TV or heard together with an active and nonsensical imagination.

Small humans are a strange and alien creature, with thought processes that run a mile a minute and in random directions.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159239 on: January 24, 2022, 07:01:28 pm »

Kids have imaginations, and they don't know enough to even know what "morbid" is.

What's really fun is our third-grader is now old enough to ask us all the questions parents fear.  The most amusing one was "why is it rude to stick your middle finger up?"  Trying to explain how rude gestures are purely arbitrary social constructs, but that we do have to respect some of those social constructs in the interest of being kind, is "entertaining" bedtime discussion.  Basically the rule in our house is "always be kind", and because some gestures and words are generally meant to be mean, that's what makes them bad - it's the intent, not the particular gesture or syllables.

My wife got the question about sex, and we just played it straight; the kid's response was just "that sounds weird."
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 10614 10615 [10616] 10617 10618 ... 11040