Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10508 10509 [10510] 10511 10512 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553590 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157635 on: June 24, 2021, 01:11:40 pm »

being Raskolnikov isn't exactly uplifting but it is very interesting.

You haven't begun "stepping over" any obstacles, have you?

No bodies, but I've dabbled in wading through blood.

...what?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #157636 on: June 24, 2021, 02:15:07 pm »

See I never could get to figure that mindset because I found C&P mind numbingly dull. Then again I always disliked overly detailed descriptions of shit because it felt like a waste of words most of the time, a chair is a damn chair, I don't need half a goddamn page to realize what a shit chair it is :V

Anyways, in unrelated WTF's, summer has come, and it has come bloody swinging out the gate with 40+ degrees today, coupled with a light dirt and dust infused drizzle of rain that made it all the worse. While such extreme heat isn't too strange for these parts it usually came mid-summer and would've lasted maybe a week. I dread to think how this one is going to pan out if it reached the maximum within days of starting :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157637 on: June 24, 2021, 02:42:27 pm »

Next year it will be even warmer, and the year after that warmer still.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157638 on: June 24, 2021, 03:24:34 pm »

I'll see your "it's super hot today" and raise you "but here it's 10C below average; we had a high yesterday of 18 C (65 F)and a low of 9 C (48 F)."

It's been very volatile here temperature-wise; both unseasonably warm and cool at times. I feel like we've been a little below average for rainfall this year, but it's forecast to rain 2" (5cm) over the next two days, so yay.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157639 on: June 24, 2021, 05:53:37 pm »

Not as blunt as I'm about to phrase it, but damn. Tales of Wells Fargo, episode title To Kill A Town: Old Outlaw to Young Wannabe Outlaw, paraphrased by way of removing the innuendo:

"A man like me, a man like me is always alone.

... except that time I fucked your mother."

Friggin' westerns, man. Friggin' westerns. I haven't sat down and actually watched through, like... any, at least in the last decade or two, but the stuff you see in passing actually gets pretty wild.

Also tales of wells fargo is like remarkably decent as western serials go? Probably one of the better I've eyeballed in terms of consistent quality. It's weird shit, basically freakin' old school corporate mercenary gunning people down and stuff when you boil down what's going on, but all... western-y. It'd basically be a megacorp propaganda series if you dumped it in a cyberpunk setting.

E: And in other wtf news, game I nabbed during steam sale (Dungeons of Chaos, not sure about much about it, yet) has a difficulty level of LOS TIBURON, which was just. Okay. Sure. Guess we're land shark difficulty now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 10:19:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157640 on: June 24, 2021, 10:51:57 pm »

Boss wants me to take over some of the office workflow, but no-one’s updated my credentials to allow me to do more than just log my hours.

The current compromise is for me to go into the office and kick someone with more permissions off of their computer to use their account.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157641 on: June 24, 2021, 10:58:13 pm »

E: And in other wtf news, game I nabbed during steam sale (Dungeons of Chaos, not sure about much about it, yet) has a difficulty level of LOS TIBURON, which was just. Okay. Sure. Guess we're land shark difficulty now.

Oh, that sounds like DUSK having Cero Miedo difficulty in a game with zero Spanish influence, or Ring Runner: Flight of the Seven Sages having its highest difficulty be "The Pool" for who knows what reason.

Like, what's the ratio of Land Shark to The Pool for ass-kicking, anyways?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157642 on: June 24, 2021, 11:07:23 pm »

Presumably a ratio of roughly suplexed dragon in the corner pocket, I guess. Makes sense to me!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #157643 on: June 25, 2021, 09:20:53 am »

-snip-
So my book about horrible things happening to an underprepared underfunded underplanned expedition to Antarctica when the ship got stuck in sea ice for a winter actually has a happy ending. Two people died, one of them drowned, one of them got very sick, but despite how utterly horrible life got for them, the Doctor who was with them managed to cure their widespread scurvy by forcing everyone to eat raw penguin and seal meat, which had enough vitamin c to stave it off long enough for them to dig a canal to open water before summer ended. They arrived back home to awards, parades, game, and enormous quantities of belgian national pride, even though they didn’t succeed at finding the magnetic South Pole like hey had hoped. The first winter spent in Antarctica and so much scientific data that it took 40 years to compile was enough for the public to welcome them back with medals, open arms, and widespread celebration. Sadly, one of them died soon after arriving and one of them never recovered from the mental stress they experienced and had to be committed to mental hospital which would eventually be shut down in response to the horror stories that began to leak from escapees and journalists who got a peek inside. But overall, I didn’t expect it to end as well as it did. It was all a real story, and... Idunno, it was just a feel good ending, the four tragedies notwithstanding.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157644 on: June 25, 2021, 09:25:02 am »

one of them never recovered from the mental stress they experienced and had to be committed to mental hospital which would eventually be shut down in response to the horror stories that began to leak from escapees and journalists who got a peek inside. But overall, I didn’t expect it to end as well as it did

Sounds to me that one brought something bad back and it came to haunt the asylum
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157645 on: June 25, 2021, 09:41:32 am »

one of them never recovered from the mental stress they experienced and had to be committed to mental hospital which would eventually be shut down in response to the horror stories that began to leak from escapees and journalists who got a peek inside. But overall, I didn’t expect it to end as well as it did

Sounds to me that one brought something bad back and it came to haunt the asylum

Given the time period the asylum would have been worse than anything that a patient could have brought with them. Old mental hospitals were very bad places to be.

There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #157646 on: June 25, 2021, 09:52:01 am »

Given the time period the asylum would have been worse than anything that a patient could have brought with them. Old mental hospitals were very bad places to be.

I thought it was all in the past, but some admittedly isolated institutions do really bonkers stuff. I mean check this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Rotenberg_Educational_Center
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157647 on: June 25, 2021, 10:14:41 am »

I thought it was all in the past, but some admittedly isolated institutions do really bonkers stuff. I mean check this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Rotenberg_Educational_Center

It somehow gets even worse when you read about the psycho responsible:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Israel

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157648 on: June 25, 2021, 10:44:17 am »

Sounds like he's an authoritarian control freak, and probably more than a bit sociopathic.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #157649 on: June 25, 2021, 11:12:59 am »

And a sadist
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 10508 10509 [10510] 10511 10512 ... 11039