Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10505 10506 [10507] 10508 10509 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14552013 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157590 on: June 16, 2021, 11:02:10 pm »

Pretty much, yes.

There are much safer legal highs, that wont make you want to die (and almost get your wish), like nutmeg will.

I have an idle curiosity about hallucinogenic plants (mostly because I do not want to experience their effects on accident)-- so I know of quite a few.

One such "much safer" legal high, is morning glory seeds.  They contain a substance chemically similar to (and related to) LSD, that has similar, but less intense effects.  They contain only small quantities, but if you cultivate them for their flowers, you can potentially collect enough of them for the purpose.

That is just one example. There are numerous others.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 11:13:23 pm by wierd »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #157591 on: June 17, 2021, 03:51:34 am »

Yes. It is a hallucinogen when consumed in large quantities. The trippy dose is close to the lethal dose.  Not safe, not desirable. 
(But people still do it-- Like people doing moonflower datura.)

It's one of those "legal highs", isn't it? It's something people do because they're so desperate to trip balls that they completely ignore the whole "not dying" thing.

I think I read this in a book about Malcolm X, but it was apparently a desirable enough drug in prison - which makes sense. If conditions are bad enough the trip is desired, and the risk of death is possibly preferable.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #157592 on: June 17, 2021, 07:39:31 am »

You know, it’s possible to find a União do Vegetal church in a number of states and partake in a hallucinogenic ayahuasca retreat that’s perfectly legal due to religious exemptions
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157593 on: June 17, 2021, 07:43:25 am »

Considering how loosely defined religion is in the US, I'm pretty sure you could just make a "Church of Tripping Balls". If you obfuscated it enough, the IRS(?) wouldn't bat an eye, and you could declare that getting high is a religious mandate in said church. You could legally trip balls. Last Week Tonight already did "Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption", what's stopping us from doing this?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 07:45:36 am by methylatedspirit »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157594 on: June 17, 2021, 06:04:32 pm »

And now Crunchyroll has joined the mobile-inspired series of overdesigned garbage sites that continue to invade my life.

If the damned pages weren't so unnecessarily resource intensive I could deal with it, but taking several seconds to load something that only a single day ago was instant is fucking infuriating.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157595 on: June 17, 2021, 06:08:57 pm »

And now Crunchyroll has joined the mobile-inspired series of overdesigned garbage sites that continue to invade my life.

If the damned pages weren't so unnecessarily resource intensive I could deal with it, but taking several seconds to load something that only a single day ago was instant is fucking infuriating.

The leading mantra of web design seems to be:

"If it ain't broke, break it!"

I have a CR subscription, but only for one month, and only because this season of anime has been so stellar that I just broke down and decided that the 8 dollars was worth it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157596 on: June 18, 2021, 11:39:31 am »

-
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 12:30:55 pm by dragdeler »
let

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #157597 on: June 18, 2021, 06:54:43 pm »

An experimental mrna vaccine is showing near 100% agaims Malaria in mice. Research in one against cancer is going well.

covid may have inspired us to slay Pestilence entirley.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157598 on: June 18, 2021, 08:39:48 pm »

I am amazed that an Mrna vaccine would even work against malaria. Since malaria is a parasite rather than a virus.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157599 on: June 18, 2021, 11:04:27 pm »

An experimental mrna vaccine is showing near 100% agaims Malaria in mice. Research in one against cancer is going well.

covid may have inspired us to slay Pestilence entirley.

joy
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157600 on: June 19, 2021, 05:55:36 am »

I read that as MMA vaccine

Time to train your leukocytes to kick ass and take names
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157601 on: June 19, 2021, 10:16:14 am »

The mitochondria is the P-P-P-POWERBOMB of the cell.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157602 on: June 19, 2021, 09:00:28 pm »

Windows Update decided to crash my PC in order to install some kind of news bullshit on my taskbar that I can't find any option to turn off.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, the option to shut it off did appear after some time.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 09:04:11 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157603 on: June 19, 2021, 11:02:02 pm »

pig milk

Difficulty in milking pigs

Pig milk is not considered suitable for human consumption or commercial production for a number of reasons. Pigs are considered difficult to milk. The sow herself is reluctant to be milked, may be uncooperative or become spooked by human presence, and lactating pigs may be quite aggressive.[4][5][6] Sows have 8 to 16 small nipples, each giving little milk for a short duration. A pig's milking time can be around fifteen seconds compared to ten minutes for a cow. A sow may produce only 13 pounds of milk per day compared to a cow's production of 65 pounds. (Production has been estimated using a system of weighing piglets prior to and after suckling.)[7] In addition, no existing milking machine is designed to attach to around a dozen teats and extract milk for 15 seconds. Finally, pigs, unlike cows, cannot become pregnant while lactating, which makes a pig milk operation even less viable.[1]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157604 on: June 19, 2021, 11:20:24 pm »

Clear and obvious lies. They're keeping the viability of pig milk a secret from the world. They know that if they released it to the general public, society would immediately collapse due to the outrageous over-demand for the delicious and salty bacon-flavored pig milk. The moment even a single bottle gets out, people will be rioting and killing in the street for more. That's why the farmers keep it all to themselves.

*takes off tinfoil hat*
Pages: 1 ... 10505 10506 [10507] 10508 10509 ... 11039