Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10492 10493 [10494] 10495 10496 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553668 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157395 on: June 02, 2021, 11:13:34 am »

That does seem like a server test.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157396 on: June 02, 2021, 11:47:22 am »

Toady testing the servers for release?
Love, scriver~

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157397 on: June 02, 2021, 05:38:41 pm »

Sounds about right; I can't imagine anyone else going this slow on the metaphorical gas. Like, if you wanted a (D)DOS, you'd just spam the server with as many requests as possible. In the case of the botnet hypothesis, that would generally go on for much longer, and I doubt they'd care about such frivolous things as 'not crashing the server'.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157398 on: June 02, 2021, 08:29:13 pm »

I was just now torrenting the fan-made extended cut of the 1993 Super Mario Bros film that seems to have just become available (naturally, as one does), but then scrolled down to see this review:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If true... just... what...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157399 on: June 02, 2021, 09:39:26 pm »

Just think, if this guy's dream can come true, anybody's can.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157400 on: June 02, 2021, 10:02:54 pm »

Lots of kids too young to develop proper taste liked the Mario bros movie from what I’ve heard. They then grew into adults who sometimes rewatch it for nostalgia.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157401 on: June 02, 2021, 10:04:19 pm »

I was one of those kids. I also unironically liked the Earthworm Jim and Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157402 on: June 02, 2021, 10:13:00 pm »

The Sonic the Hedgehog comics were much much better.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157403 on: June 03, 2021, 12:19:49 am »

The comics got pretty wild, at times. Still sorta' remember that time metal knuckles and metal sonic threw down, or the time snively just sorta' murdered robotnik.*

Also one of them was literally the first thing I ever read cover to cover. Pretty sure it was an early one with a sports event in some kind of stadium thing. Chicken bot was involved!

Old SatAM sonic cartoons were solid stuff, too. Some of the others weren't all that bad, either, if generally not as serious.

... I'd also be one of the ones that unironically enjoyed the smb live action movie. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was solidly enjoyable b-tier work, at the time. something something walk the dinosaur something

* also shut up I know that's a family name and we all know who I'm actually talking about so don't even start
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 12:23:12 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157404 on: June 03, 2021, 02:29:09 am »

I really need to give those comics a go.  A friend back in middle school was way into them, and they sure did get dark from what I heard.  I remember bionic limbs being a theme, which is particularly eerie given the constant threat of essentially getting borged' by Robotnik... or whatever exactly he was doing.

I wonder if that friendship was one of the reasons I've never had a problem with furries?  I still don't consider myself one, but I do appreciate a lot of their art.  Like anime, or western cartoons if we're being honest, they communicate character traits via visual shorthand.  S'not a big deal, pretty cool.

My OC
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157405 on: June 03, 2021, 03:50:32 am »

Well, if interested in the comics and not in yar-haring them, do consider checking with your local library. They may have or be able to request copies!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157406 on: June 03, 2021, 06:58:19 am »

So, like, the bird people in BoTW, they use their own feathers as bedding, for clothing, and I suppose for anything soft.

I'm sure it's a matter of practicality, but I'm just imagining the human equivalent of this, and there is no possible way that that won't make you look like a serial killer. Maybe hair, but you tell me if anyone's used human hair as fur. I think I'm gonna be more biased than I thought against these bird people.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157407 on: June 03, 2021, 07:23:37 am »

They used use use people's own hair for suture thread!
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157408 on: June 03, 2021, 01:06:17 pm »

So, like, the bird people in BoTW, they use their own feathers as bedding, for clothing, and I suppose for anything soft.

I'm sure it's a matter of practicality, but I'm just imagining the human equivalent of this, and there is no possible way that that won't make you look like a serial killer. Maybe hair, but you tell me if anyone's used human hair as fur. I think I'm gonna be more biased than I thought against these bird people.

Thanks for the laugh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157409 on: June 03, 2021, 01:10:14 pm »

Plucking your passed on significant other before burying them and making a body pillow out of the feathers...
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10492 10493 [10494] 10495 10496 ... 11039