Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10484 10485 [10486] 10487 10488 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14554539 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157275 on: May 24, 2021, 11:35:14 am »

My mom is demanding I hand over half of a stimulus check that I may or may not have gotten, and if I did, I received it months ago. Her reasoning for why she's entitled to it is that she "never got hers"... except I think she did, if only because her husband got his, and as far as I know they file taxes jointly, and thus it's "theirs". The amount he got was significantly less than what I did.

I also have a very sudden toothache that popped up while I was grocery shopping. The pain distracted me from what I might have wanted to buy. I hurried home, which is about a 45 minute walk, during which I felt some movement in the affected teeth. I put some benzocaine anesthetic on it, but it isn't doing much.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157276 on: May 24, 2021, 11:36:43 am »

Don't
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 01:07:06 pm by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #157277 on: May 24, 2021, 12:49:35 pm »

My mom is demanding I hand over half of a stimulus check that I may or may not have gotten

Don't
Do it!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157278 on: May 24, 2021, 12:52:40 pm »

never mind
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 01:07:25 pm by ArchimedesWojak »
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #157279 on: May 24, 2021, 12:56:32 pm »

My mom is demanding I hand over half of a stimulus check that I may or may not have gotten

Don't
Do it!

I don't think i fully understand the situation

Sorry about that
I dont fully understand the situation either but I like being contrarian
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157280 on: May 24, 2021, 01:00:34 pm »

Don't
Do it!

Sorry about that

Now i'm confused

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157281 on: May 24, 2021, 01:04:24 pm »

Don't
Do it!

Sorry about that

Now i'm confused

I..... what? I'm a bit lost too.

Anyway though, I also advise to NOT do that, given the info provided in Akura's post. Who the hell demands someone else's stimulus check because they didn't get theirs yet? Or for any reason at all, really?

I don't have anyone in my life who would even consider asking me that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157282 on: May 24, 2021, 01:20:32 pm »

Sorry about that

You don't Archimedes, but you aren't wrong either.

For the longest time, Akura has lived with a shitty mom and an abusive borderline neo-nazi stepdad. If I remember right, he's also got a shitty sister who moved out a long time ago. He would frequently post about the latest scandal they got him into. I don't know if Akura still lives with them, but I hope to god he doesn't anymore cause it truly was a hellish situation for him.

Akura doesn't owe those bastards anything, and the only reason why they should have have any of that money is if they extort it out of him (perhaps because he still lives with them). They've unjustly taken from him before and they told lies to justify it as well. This is just another in a long series of cons meant to separate Akura from what is rightfully his.

I hope you don't do it Akura. I hope you have the power to say no, cause what they've been doing to you has never been just. If you feel responsible for the well-being of your family, then try to understand that they don't feel the same way towards you.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157283 on: May 24, 2021, 01:30:00 pm »

Sorry about that

You don't Archimedes, but you aren't wrong either.

For the longest time, Akura has lived with a shitty mom and an abusive borderline neo-nazi stepdad. If I remember right, he's also got a shitty sister who moved out a long time ago. He would frequently post about the latest scandal they got him into. I don't know if Akura still lives with them, but I hope to god he doesn't anymore cause it truly was a hellish situation for him.

Akura doesn't owe those bastards anything, and the only reason why they should have have any of that money is if they extort it out of him (perhaps because he still lives with them). They've unjustly taken from him before and they told lies to justify it as well. This is just another in a long series of cons meant to separate Akura from what is rightfully his.

I hope you don't do it Akura. I hope you have the power to say no, cause what they've been doing to you has never been just. If you feel responsible for the well-being of your family, then try to understand that they don't feel the same way towards you.

This is truly making me go WTF

Hope your doing alright Akura

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157284 on: May 24, 2021, 03:05:24 pm »

The weird part of this is, my stepdad has actually been improving at being a human being the past couple years, while my mom... has started going the other direction. She's constantly going about her racist or anti-LGBT bullshit, or how both the pandemic and the vaccines are some kind or another conspiracy. My stepdad is more concerned about where his weed is coming from. That isn't to say he's a good person yet, but still.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157285 on: May 24, 2021, 03:45:23 pm »

My stepdad is more concerned about where his weed is coming from.

We are all concerned about where our weed is from

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157286 on: May 24, 2021, 04:56:35 pm »

I've been job searching lately, and a job in my area is to be a "Budtender" for a local Marijuana Shop. It requires a college education.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #157287 on: May 24, 2021, 05:19:19 pm »

In agriculture? That might make sense if what they really want is a farmer/grower who can manage hydroponics operations. Or they get a tax credit for hiring college grads, maybe.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #157288 on: May 24, 2021, 07:22:27 pm »

House ownership (or rather, maintenance, or rather, why the fuck is there lead pipe in 2021) is cocking expensive.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157289 on: May 24, 2021, 07:40:31 pm »

House ownership (or rather, maintenance, or rather, why the fuck is there lead pipe in 2021) is cocking expensive.

Uh, those are illegal
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 10484 10485 [10486] 10487 10488 ... 11039