Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10467 10468 [10469] 10470 10471 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549375 times)

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157020 on: May 11, 2021, 08:33:12 am »

Sorry guys

About indirectly lying to what i see as a group of friends, among other things

I know most of you all  are pretty pissed and annoyed so i'll be taking a long break from the forum to work on some personal projects because i don't want to be completely shunned from here because i really like you guys and this forum, i will also be deleting most of my old posts so when i come back i can forget the embarrassing stuff i posted

I'll be inactive for awhile but i'll come back to update the changelog for my LCS mod and to post the forum game i'm working on but i'll probably wait awhile before i post again

Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 09:18:26 am by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157021 on: May 11, 2021, 08:56:38 am »

For what it's worth, I don't hate you. I find it tiring and stressful as all hell to hold grudges against people, and it doesn't make any sense to hold any sort of grudge against you in particular. I won't hold it or any other embarrassing thing against you. I just got heated. Annoyed. Angy.

...Vector, None, you were right. I need to take a good look at myself in the mirror, and reflect on why I contributed to the dogpiling. It has to mean something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157022 on: May 11, 2021, 09:20:28 am »

I agree that it's not really great to yank others' sympathy chains, and I don't mean to play holier than thou, but I think that joking threats of violence from whole-ass adults towards kids is not how we should be managing our space.

Like, this definitely isn't a good look for AW and he's got some growing up to do, but if we're talking about this space as a not-adults-only community space (which it is), part of that means the responsibility of the adults towards the children, who are necessarily gonna make dumb mistakes as part of eventually becoming dumb adults like the rest of us. Maybe y'all grew up under threat (I certainly did LOL) and I know it's just words, but I also think that we can be a bit better.

anyway, veckle out, love y'all <3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157023 on: May 11, 2021, 12:04:44 pm »

Heh, when I grew up, it was generally agreed and assumed that anyone online that claimed to be a child was actually a 40 year old man.

And now, many of us have probably regressed due to this crisis to ourselves 10 years ago, when we were in fact growing up. 
I think, maybe, I'm a bit older since I've had to be the brave soldier and go out into the COVID all along and help people with their grown up issues, but who knows?

Sorry guys

About indirectly lying to what i see as a group of friends, among other things

I know most of you all  are pretty pissed and annoyed so i'll be taking a long break from the forum to work on some personal projects because i don't want to be completely shunned from here because i really like you guys and this forum, i will also be deleting most of my old posts so when i come back i can forget the embarrassing stuff i posted

I'll be inactive for awhile but i'll come back to update the changelog for my LCS mod and to post the forum game i'm working on but i'll probably wait awhile before i post again

Sorry.

Screw that.  Keep your old posts so you can have a good laugh in the future.  And you're nowhere near getting mod interfered, from what I can tell. If you want to keep posting, keep posting.  If you'd like a break, take a break.  Our bohemian community has few rules.

For what it's worth, I don't hate you. I find it tiring and stressful as all hell to hold grudges against people, and it doesn't make any sense to hold any sort of grudge against you in particular. I won't hold it or any other embarrassing thing against you. I just got heated. Annoyed. Angy.

...Vector, None, you were right. I need to take a good look at myself in the mirror, and reflect on why I contributed to the dogpiling. It has to mean something.

Introspection can be useful, just don't get lost in your head.  We all get pissed off every now and again.  It means you still care about stuff.  Cherish those moments.
I'd hardly say you did anything wrong.

...also, this has been your daily dose of WTF, come back tomorrow for more WTF moments people!
I mean, feel free to keep posting today, just come back tomorrow as well!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157024 on: May 11, 2021, 12:06:48 pm »

So I was rewatching the first couple of shrek films for the first time since childhood to avoid revising, and had a real WTF moment. Huge parts of those films really are not for kids. I'm starting to wonder if my memories of them were so lacklustre because I didn't actually understand half the dialogue.

Also started to wonder how much I actually understood what was going on in my favourite childhood films.
One wheel short of a wagon

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157025 on: May 11, 2021, 12:09:08 pm »

Screw that.  Keep your old posts so you can have a good laugh in the future.

I wish i had thought of that before i deleted the good shit (ie the Phantom Shitter story) however i did leave some stuff like George_Chickens fucking my sister

oh well whatever remains is fine
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:11:56 pm by ArchimedesWojak »
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157026 on: May 11, 2021, 12:09:25 pm »

So I was rewatching the first couple of shrek films for the first time since childhood to avoid revising, and had a real WTF moment. Huge parts of those films really are not for kids. I'm starting to wonder if my memories of them were so lacklustre because I didn't actually understand half the dialogue.

Also started to wonder how much I actually understood what was going on in my favourite childhood films.
Go watch Looney Tunes. Secret adult humor abounds.

All the best kids shows have hidden stuff for the grown-ups to watch.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #157027 on: May 11, 2021, 01:25:19 pm »

I was taking the piss about the castration, cha know. I was under the impression the CKII castration thing was a meme as it does come up an awful lot in the game. I had one character be cured of gout as a result of the procedure once.

I have been searching for a one-off comic strip Rolan7 posted ages ago in the laugh thread about it, but I can’t remember what it’s called. Ah well.

Anyhow, AW, don’t worry about it. We were all your age once, we all did stupid shit on the internet for various reasons. All part of learning how to human.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157028 on: May 11, 2021, 01:36:30 pm »

Anyhow, AW, don’t worry about it. We were all your age once, we all did stupid shit on the internet for various reasons. All part of learning how to human.

Yeah thanks but i'm still going to take some time off from the forum because i finally have a part-time job (in the state of Nevada it is legal to employ a minor) and i want to work on some other stuff

I'm still sorry about that, it was a bad joke in good faith

(Also while i understand why Vector is upset that everyone is talking about castrating me i personally think it's hilarious that they think i have a dick and balls)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 01:41:37 pm by ArchimedesWojak »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157029 on: May 11, 2021, 01:37:39 pm »

Heh, when I grew up, it was generally agreed and assumed that anyone online that claimed to be a child was actually a 40 year old man.

Heh, when I grew up, it was still the "tits or GTFO" and "GIRL = Guy In Real Life" era ...

I agree, who knows if anyone is honest about their age or anything else on here, but we need to be thoughtful about the consequences of being wrong about our assumptions.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #157030 on: May 11, 2021, 04:54:59 pm »

Wojaks are usually male, just sayin'. "Feels Guy" and all that  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157031 on: May 11, 2021, 05:25:49 pm »

i personally think it's hilarious that they think i have a dick and balls

This is some 5D Chess. Shitpost about pissing on a pregnancy test, run with the male-by-default assumption (I was being cautious, I think), and everyone thinks you have a dick and balls. Damn. Could've fooled me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157032 on: May 11, 2021, 06:03:55 pm »

Could always be a trans dude.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #157033 on: May 11, 2021, 06:07:17 pm »

People assumed so because he explicitly said he did, when he claimed to be in danger of testicular cancer.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157034 on: May 11, 2021, 06:11:01 pm »

Sorry, "cis-male-by-default", not just "male-by-default". AW could be literally any gender, frankly. Male, female, nonbinary, genderfluid...
Pages: 1 ... 10467 10468 [10469] 10470 10471 ... 11038