Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10464 10465 [10466] 10467 10468 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547876 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156975 on: May 08, 2021, 09:18:50 pm »

Why did you use a pregnancy test?

I think wojak may be master trolling us right now. I hope so at least.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156976 on: May 08, 2021, 09:44:33 pm »

Because my teenage lizard brain thought it would be funny

I think wojak may be master trolling us right now. I hope so at least.

No. i was joking when i told you all i had kidney stones that one time, but this right here is real shit
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #156977 on: May 08, 2021, 10:37:28 pm »

I mean, what teenager with a penis doesn't want to pee on literally everything at least once?

"Hey I wonder if..."

It's less harmful than peeing on the electric fence.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156978 on: May 09, 2021, 12:45:07 am »

Rise too fast? You get brain drain sometimes, big dizzy

edit: those are medical terms

I think the general 'lightheadedness and fainting' problem is going on for longer than I expected. I don't feel particularly good, and if I stand up too quickly, I feel like I'm fainting, like I have to spread my arms out to keep stable. I can feel the blood rushing to my head, but it's not rushing nearly fast enough. I'm normally able to stand up as fast as I want, so it's unusual.

I'm not sure if it's because of the dubious food I ate last night or some kind of nutrient deficiency.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #156979 on: May 09, 2021, 12:50:27 am »

You might also be ill, though it could just be you were ultra tired.

Hopefully you didn’t concuss yourself though, ‘cause that won’t aid the situation :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156980 on: May 09, 2021, 01:18:31 am »

But nobody's asking the important question, why does a teenage boy have a pregnancy test in the first place?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #156981 on: May 09, 2021, 01:24:25 am »

Hey I was just thinking could it be that the opposum that attacked him weeks ago made him pregnant?

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156982 on: May 09, 2021, 02:19:09 am »

Hey I was just thinking could it be that the opposum that attacked him weeks ago made him pregnant?

That attack must have been more intense that we were led to believe.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #156983 on: May 09, 2021, 04:18:16 am »

Rise too fast? You get brain drain sometimes, big dizzy

edit: those are medical terms

I think the general 'lightheadedness and fainting' problem is going on for longer than I expected. I don't feel particularly good, and if I stand up too quickly, I feel like I'm fainting, like I have to spread my arms out to keep stable. I can feel the blood rushing to my head, but it's not rushing nearly fast enough. I'm normally able to stand up as fast as I want, so it's unusual.

I'm not sure if it's because of the dubious food I ate last night or some kind of nutrient deficiency.

This is all non-medical language and knowledge, so take it with a grain of salt, but over here we colloquially refer to stuff like that as "blood pressure fall". But it usually only happens when you rise too fast. Do you have any medical issues with your blood pressure?

I also googled "blood sugar fall" as that is what my mother always called it, and it seems like that might give similar effects. Iron deficiency also can cause dizziness apparently. How are your diet holding up, meth?
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156984 on: May 09, 2021, 04:41:13 am »

It sounds vaguely like the vasovagal nerve response.

https://journals.lww.com/nursingmadeincrediblyeasy/fulltext/2012/05000/is_your_patient_having_a_vasovagal_reaction_.13.aspx

Just sit down for a few minutes, and you will be fine.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156985 on: May 09, 2021, 05:00:36 am »

Do you have any medical issues with your blood pressure?

The last time I got checked, it was slightly too high, not too low. Nothing to be immediately concerned about.

I also googled "blood sugar fall" as that is what my mother always called it, and it seems like that might give similar effects. Iron deficiency also can cause dizziness apparently. How are your diet holding up, meth?

In order:
• Ramadan's almost certainly fucked with my blood sugar levels, that's for sure. Not eating for 13 - 14 hours does mess with it, I've been told.
• Iron deficiency... I probably should get that checked. Refer to above.
• Because I like money, I have been trimming down my budget as much as possible. That does mean that 70% of my diet consists of sandwiches because of the budget constraints I'm imposing on myself. I don't think this counts as a healthy diet. Also, I forgot to bring multivitamins this semester. Already impulse-bought some online.

It sounds vaguely like the vasovagal nerve response.

https://journals.lww.com/nursingmadeincrediblyeasy/fulltext/2012/05000/is_your_patient_having_a_vasovagal_reaction_.13.aspx

Just sit down for a few minutes, and you will be fine.

I wish. I've been sitting for at least 2 hours now playing BoTW, and I still feel slightly lightheaded. I can stand up over and over, and each time I feel like I'm even more lightheaded. Not quite "oh god I'm gonna fall", but still a bit more physically unstable than I'd like.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156986 on: May 09, 2021, 06:09:07 am »

You are aware that there's fatwa's that allow diabetics to skip ramadan fasting, right? It's halal to eat during daytime if fasting will result in blood sugar faintness from diabetes.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156987 on: May 09, 2021, 06:15:53 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:33:04 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156988 on: May 09, 2021, 07:02:29 am »

You are aware that there's fatwa's that allow diabetics to skip ramadan fasting, right? It's halal to eat during daytime if fasting will result in blood sugar faintness from diabetes.

I'm not diagnosed with diabetes, but I do apparently have metabolic syndrome, so make that what you will. I will say that I fainted pretty much right after I ate (slept after eating, then woke up), so I doubt it's a blood sugar issue. I'll put that as "needs testing", then.

Fakedit after eating: Also, I skipped meals because I overslept, and I think that may be a contributing factor. I feel better after eating, so I'm decently sure it is a lack of food more than anything else. I think I need something big. Might need to lay off the weight loss too; I managed to lose 8 kilograms last month, and that's more than twice the maximal healthy rate (3.6 kg/month), apparently.

Even so, sounds like you just need some calorie bomb. I don't think sandwiches have to be deficient in any way, now I don't know if you're just allways putting the same and low number of ingredients in it, but sandwiches are like a whole wide world. You eat fish don't you? (yuck fish  :-[ lol) I think tuna and onion should go a long way, if you want iron I don't see why you couldn't throw in some spinach leaves there... I'd probably just be so hangry in your place I'd allready on my way to a fast food/ ranting and raving about the line.

That would need me to go outside, and that's not generally allowed anymore. Like, there's some bureaucracy going on there with filling out forms and stuff, and I live life to avoid bureaucracy because I'm lazy as shit.

Fakedit after eating: Yeah, I think I need a calorie bomb right now. I'll have to make do with instant ramen or something once the shops open up.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156989 on: May 09, 2021, 07:13:26 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:32:53 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 10464 10465 [10466] 10467 10468 ... 11038