Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10463 10464 [10465] 10466 10467 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547813 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156960 on: May 08, 2021, 03:13:29 pm »

Human meds =/= animal meds. Give a dog a simple paracetamol, and it will die unless you get to a vet in time to pump out it's stomach contents. Your mom killed your hamster. Or I guess in this case, since it was already sick, euthanised is a better word.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156961 on: May 08, 2021, 03:17:33 pm »

Human meds =/= animal meds. Give a dog a simple paracetamol, and it will die unless you get to a vet in time to pump out it's stomach contents. Your mom killed your hamster. Or I guess in this case, since it was already sick, euthanised is a better word.
I realize now that I didn't come out and say it... we intended to end the poor thing's life, i.e., it's misery.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #156962 on: May 08, 2021, 04:39:07 pm »

I realize now that I didn't come out and say it... we intended to end the poor thing's life, i.e., it's misery.
That hamster started the covid pandemic you monster
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156963 on: May 08, 2021, 06:09:46 pm »

I think my brain turned off on me. I woke up trying to get to the bathroom, but just ended up falling down a few steps in, hitting my head in the process. Ow, my head.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #156964 on: May 08, 2021, 06:11:38 pm »

Rise too fast? You get brain drain sometimes, big dizzy

edit: those are medical terms
Love, scriver~

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156965 on: May 08, 2021, 06:20:02 pm »

Yo what the fuck i used a pregnancy test and the test came back positive wtf
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156966 on: May 08, 2021, 06:21:50 pm »

Congraturation.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156967 on: May 08, 2021, 06:25:27 pm »

If you're male, that might mean you have testicular cancer. Get that checked out, if so.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156968 on: May 08, 2021, 06:29:20 pm »

If you're male, that might mean you have testicular cancer. Get that checked out, if so.

That's a funny joke meth but you shouldn't joke about cancer
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156969 on: May 08, 2021, 06:41:58 pm »

That's a funny joke meth but you shouldn't joke about cancer

It's not a joke Archimedes, it's a common fact that circulates on reddit.

I know you're still in high school, but you really should get it checked out.

https://www.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/can-a-pregnancy-test-predict-testicular-cancer.h00-159459267.html

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/home-pregnancy-tests-detect-testicular-cancer/

According to these non-reddit sources, male pregnancy tests aren't reliable since they frequently give false negatives for testicular cancer, but your result was a positive and none of these articles say anything about false positives. The test definitely detected something abnormal.

I know you don't want to consider the idea of you having cancer, especially because of your age, but cases this young aren't unheard of. You're putting your life on the line by choosing to brush this warning sign aside.

EDIT:

Here's a source that talks about false positives. Long story short, there are none.

https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/content/story/can-i-really-use-a-home-pregnancy-test-to-check-myself-for-testicular-cancer
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:49:40 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156970 on: May 08, 2021, 06:57:29 pm »

Here's a source that talks about false positives. Long story short, there are none.
Okay, that's not true. It's physically impossible for any test not to have the possibility of false positives. He should definitely get checked out but I can think of at least four alternative possibilities offhand. There's no reason to terrify the poor kid.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:09:55 pm by Maximum Spin »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156971 on: May 08, 2021, 07:12:52 pm »

Okay, that's not true. It's physically impossible for any test not to have the possibility of false positives. He should definitely get checked out but I can think of at least four alternative possibilities offhand.

Okay.

Sorry. I got caught up a a bit the moment and I may have phrased things a little sensationally. The exact passage is

Quote from:  https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/content/story/can-i-really-use-a-home-pregnancy-test-to-check-myself-for-testicular-cancer
In case you’re wondering if HCG can come about by some other, more harmless manner (like, say, the way a poppyseed bagel can make you test positive for opium), Gonzalez says that isn’t the case. HCG in a man probably means there’s “usually some kind of growth,” he cautions, and that it’s worth checking out.

My point is that a positive pregnancy test is reliable (unlike a negative one), and as the doctor said, it's worth checking out.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156972 on: May 08, 2021, 07:23:31 pm »

I'll go to the doctor tomorrow it's getting late today so i'll go to sleep and with a clear head i'll get my sister to drive me to the hospital to check it out but i'm pretty sure it's nothing

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #156973 on: May 08, 2021, 07:33:36 pm »

Hope you're alright, Wojak.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #156974 on: May 08, 2021, 07:46:33 pm »

Why did you use a pregnancy test?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 10463 10464 [10465] 10466 10467 ... 11038