Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10454 10455 [10456] 10457 10458 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545121 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156825 on: April 27, 2021, 09:16:36 am »

GDIt!!! They delayed the final exams again! HOW COULD THEY!!! I'm probably gonna die of old age before they are held. *throwing tantrum*

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156826 on: April 27, 2021, 09:54:21 am »

So today I learned that not only was Dr. Fauci not imprisoned for the fraud he committed (lying about masks and other COVID stats to make sure people got sick, then telling people to ignore scientists because the vaccine only needs 50% of people to have it), he's still employed. Very successful use of the Nuremberg Defense, which most of the world sees as invalid.

. . . . . ?

Am I the only one that remembers him being one of the last doctors on Earth saying we didn't need masks last year, leading to a lot of people even today citing him as why they won't wear one? His continual changing of what percentage need to be vaccinated?
Pretty sure that was "The general public needs them less than health workers, and if you suck up all the masks there's gonna be none left for them", then changed once mask supply had ramped up.
Apparently, it is possible to surgically "replace" foreskin with a skin transplant from the scrotum, but your insurance probably isnt going to cover that no matter how much was taken off.
You're not thinking of stretching are you? There's a method where you can use a sort of device that stretches the skin slowly over the course of months along with steroid cream, and the epidermis grows to accommodate this. Doesn't grow back the ridged band or frenulum, but once it's done the glans will slowly regain a lot of its lost sensitivity.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156827 on: April 27, 2021, 10:21:02 am »

Apparently, it is possible to surgically "replace" foreskin with a skin transplant from the scrotum, but your insurance probably isnt going to cover that no matter how much was taken off.
You're not thinking of stretching are you? There's a method where you can use a sort of device that stretches the skin slowly over the course of months along with steroid cream, and the epidermis grows to accommodate this. Doesn't grow back the ridged band or frenulum, but once it's done the glans will slowly regain a lot of its lost sensitivity.

I'm deeply unsettled by the description of that operation. Look, do what you want with your genitals, but I'm just gonna sit in the corner, thoroughly disturbed. It's just disturbing on a primal level. I can't explain why.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #156828 on: April 27, 2021, 10:30:36 am »

There are certain parts of the human anatomy that are best left alone...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #156829 on: April 27, 2021, 02:47:40 pm »

Pretty sure that was "The general public needs them less than health workers, and if you suck up all the masks there's gonna be none left for them", then changed once mask supply had ramped up.

He said that after, but his original statement was:
There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156830 on: April 27, 2021, 03:37:47 pm »

Few people ever want to admit that the government managed to screw something up when it comes to this pandemic, and that a lot of these issues are of their own making. I was around during that time. I remember when they were telling us not to wear masks because they wouldn't do anything. I also remember when they abruptly reversed that stance. Is there any wonder why some people lack faith?

Just to clarify, I am pro-mask. I don't believe they do a lot (especially those designer cloth masks that you see most stores selling and people wearing. They're worse than medical/surgical masks, which themselves are a poor substitute for a proper N-95), but even the little they do contribute helps. Here's a little minute earth video explaining what I mean in more detail, though the number I'd start with is 20% effectiveness rather than 50%.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #156831 on: April 27, 2021, 05:42:50 pm »

Tangentially, there's people blowing up social media throwing a fit about Biden's "beef ration" proposal. A "proposal" that the British tabloid The Daily Mail made up and does not actually exist.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156832 on: April 27, 2021, 08:37:18 pm »

Tangentially, there's people blowing up social media throwing a fit about Biden's "beef ration" proposal. A "proposal" that the British tabloid The Daily Mail made up and does not actually exist.

We probably should have a beef ration.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156833 on: April 27, 2021, 09:22:46 pm »

where's the beef ration?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #156834 on: April 27, 2021, 09:59:18 pm »

Does remind me it's been like... two years since I've had a steak, I think. Other beef products, occasionally (mostly hamburger/hotdog or sausage), but steak's been a long while.

What would the ration amount even be, though, if we had one? What's the hypothetical limit here?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156835 on: April 28, 2021, 02:27:21 am »

What would the ration amount even be, though, if we had one? What's the hypothetical limit here?

I'm gonna go reply (tangentially) to this meaty topic in Ameripol, so as not to further contaminate this poor defenseless thread :P

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156836 on: April 29, 2021, 02:26:52 am »

While looking up "code poetry", I stumbled upon this thing. I just... I don't get it. I'm staring at code written in Javascript; functions, variables, and operators. Why is this suddenly a love story? Huh?

Whatever helps people get into coding, I guess. It's just taught so incredibly differently that I was caught completely off-guard. It's like I walked into an art class by accident.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156837 on: April 29, 2021, 06:38:08 am »

He said that after, but his original statement was:
There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.
That looks less like "they're ineffective", and more like "people are stupid and inclined to do things that would actually make things worse when they're wearing a mask."

Certainly not what he said later about saving them for health workers, but not "They're useless so don't bother" either.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156838 on: May 01, 2021, 11:55:43 am »

I saw one of those small cardboard roadsigns, like you'd see everywhere for elections.

Either it was faded or I just didn't look at it enough to fully grasp it, but I swear all it said was "It is possible".
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156839 on: May 01, 2021, 01:15:44 pm »

ever get one of those days where you pretty much woke up on crazy planet?

WTF is with people today? it's been nonstop just literal mental illness with these people. is it a full moon or something?
Pages: 1 ... 10454 10455 [10456] 10457 10458 ... 11037