Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10445 10446 [10447] 10448 10449 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547189 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156690 on: April 16, 2021, 06:23:00 pm »

It was pushed back to like... june or something last year (so for the 2019 submission). No one told me anything about it getting extended this one, but checking it does actually look like they did. Huh.

Somebody really needs to just nationalize the bloody tax prep companies and have them just... do it. Send folks that need to file a pre-filled form, they can sign and return with the (prepaid) envelope or somethin'. Pretty sure that's more or less what several other countries do, and it's, like... much less trouble, all told.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 06:25:32 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156691 on: April 16, 2021, 06:33:01 pm »

....because of course we'll outsource our goddamn private information regarding taxes and my identity to a foreign country...
Errrr, yeah... something similar for me when on the phone with some people out of country and they wanted me to verify data I had just sent through a secure webpage and I had to clarify that having me vocally verify the data which they knew I had just sent, was more likely to compromise it. I mean, once you have all the typed information, the next step is getting vocalizations.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #156692 on: April 16, 2021, 09:24:20 pm »

Phil’s funeral is apparently important enough for my local news to cover.

In fucking Wisconsin. Give me peace ffs.

It would be interesting if there was risk of him coming back to curse the earth but no, just a very old man died and now we bury him. Family drama, pomp and circumstance. There are soap operas for that shit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #156693 on: April 16, 2021, 09:38:55 pm »

... who? Quick google for the name popped up zero mention of a funeral in the first page of the regular or news results.
Ask not!
Ask!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156694 on: April 16, 2021, 10:04:59 pm »

Come on Frumple, you know, PHIL! Who doesn't know good ol' Phil? Shame to hear he's passed.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156695 on: April 16, 2021, 10:11:10 pm »

Don't Feed Phil
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156696 on: April 16, 2021, 10:33:28 pm »

... who? Quick google for the name popped up zero mention of a funeral in the first page of the regular or news results.

Elizabeth's side piece
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #156697 on: April 16, 2021, 10:57:36 pm »

... his name was phil, huh. That actually rings a bell now, something about either pedophilia or apologia/running interference for it? Details fuzzy, amount I pay much attention to england's figureheads is... small.
Ask not!
Ask!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156698 on: April 16, 2021, 11:07:04 pm »

My sister mentioned prince Philip dying a week or two ago.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156699 on: April 17, 2021, 12:03:16 am »

You know, before Mathel spelled it out, I thought y'all were discussing some random guy called Philip who died, and the WTF was that it made headlines around the world.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156700 on: April 17, 2021, 01:23:29 am »

Why do people outside the UK give a shit about their royalty dying?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156701 on: April 17, 2021, 03:55:38 am »

"The sun never sets on the British Empire"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156702 on: April 17, 2021, 06:02:40 am »

Theyre also equivalent to celebrities.

There's a large family with their own drama, they act dignified enough to not be trashy themselves, and they enjoy and welcome the cameras.

They're celebrities.  They have their own marketing teams.

Say what you want about them, they managed to etch themselves into the public mind, and that's a large part of why they can command what they do.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #156703 on: April 17, 2021, 06:34:17 am »

They don’t need to do anything though. The British media go bananas over them.

The Beeb, acting like a state mouthpiece, cancelled all their programming the day he died, on all four of their TV channels (they stopped broadcasting one of them) and put on shit about Phil because everyone has to be sad he’s dead and have any interest beyond “oh, he’s dead”.

It’s ridiculous. He was married to the queen for 70+ years and I’ve learned more about him since he died than the 27 years I lived in the UK, and I have minimal interest in all this nonsense as it is.

My hope was that being thousands of miles away I’d be insulated to some extent from the incessant media coverage of “old man died”, “old dead man will be buried soon, family sad” but apparently even the US republic can’t get enough of this shit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156704 on: April 17, 2021, 06:52:54 am »

Was walking down the street. On the pedestrian crossing there were a bunch of cars lined up however the timer wasn't even at 15 yet (it lasts 30 seconds).

Then one of the cars just straight up ran over the traffic light and knocked it down and drove away at full throttle. It was so sudden. I'm 90% certain the driver did that on purpose. WTF?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 10445 10446 [10447] 10448 10449 ... 11038