Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10429 10430 [10431] 10432 10433 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14552152 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156450 on: March 31, 2021, 03:31:47 am »

Hopefully the cat and her kittens found a good home.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156451 on: March 31, 2021, 03:49:48 am »

Amazon sells ephedra?!

Are they bonkers?!

(For those not familiarized with possibly dangerous herbal products-- This is the plant from which ephedrine was first isolated. It is found in pretty high concentrations in the leaves and stems of the ephedra plant, and its effects on the central nervous system ware well known.  In the 1980s, most anti-sleep and performance enhancers that contained ephedra were taken off the market, because of the dangerous spike in blood pressure caused by using them. The rather intense increase in metabolic activity associated with taking it is also well known.  While botanical form like this is probably beyond the scope of most drug cooks to use, it (ephedrine) is also the precursor to methylamphetamine.)

This is a product that should not be on Amazon.

It would straight up be illegal to possess in NY state, for instance.
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2009/S3945

This is like finding weed on amazon, only even more worrisome.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 03:53:11 am by wierd »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #156452 on: March 31, 2021, 03:50:05 am »

*munches a dish of suspicious stew made of unrecognizable meat*  sorry what?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #156453 on: March 31, 2021, 03:50:59 am »

Amazon sells ephedra?!

Are they bonkers?!

(For those not familiarized with possibly dangerous herbal products-- This is the plant from which ephedrine was first isolated. It is found in pretty high concentrations in the leaves and stems of the ephedra plant, and its effects on the central nervous system ware well known.  In the 1980s, most anti-sleep and performance enhancers that contained ephedra were taken off the market, because of the dangerous spike in blood pressure caused by using them. The rather intense increase in metabolic activity associated with taking it is also well known.)

This is a product that should not be on Amazon.
"Mormon tea"?

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156454 on: March 31, 2021, 03:54:08 am »

That is the colloquial term for the infusion preparation of the leaves fro the Ephedra genus botanical species.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156455 on: March 31, 2021, 04:00:15 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:04:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156456 on: March 31, 2021, 04:06:32 am »

I mean, making the tea as suggested, is a great way to have a hypertensive episode, possibly with stroke or heart attack. 

Hypertension that lasts for up to 4 hours.

Unless you are specifically trying to deal with a depressed blood pressure, the use of the stuff is basically contraindicated by anyone sane.

(A dilute infusion might be useful for people with ADD who have run out of adderal though. There is some evidence that ephedrine and pseudo-ephedrine are beneficial substitutes in a pinch for people with that condition. However, for general consumption? No, not a wise move. In concentrated, "Black" tea form? Oh hell no. You gonna have a heart attack.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:10:24 am by wierd »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156457 on: March 31, 2021, 04:44:00 am »

Good for making meth.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156458 on: March 31, 2021, 05:04:40 am »

*munches a dish of suspicious stew made of unrecognizable meat*  sorry what?
Don't you be eating any cats over there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156459 on: March 31, 2021, 05:12:57 am »

So I was using Google's Ngram viewer to look at stuff and found out that writing about "World War I" and "World War II" was surprisingly popular before the 20th century even started. Especially around the years 1552 and 1788, but there are other spikes there as well.

One of the referenced books is apparently a document of Maine legislature from the year 1508, which references both these wars, the Korean campaign and the Viet Nam war.
I do not get why the latter two would be in legislature of a French region (since the USA state did not exist back then). Or how they would get some prophets to know about it. So this must be some ridiculous error on google's part.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #156460 on: March 31, 2021, 06:02:36 am »

It wasn't a French region back then either.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156461 on: March 31, 2021, 06:12:51 am »

So I was using Google's Ngram viewer to look at stuff and found out that writing about "World War I" and "World War II" was surprisingly popular before the 20th century even started. Especially around the years 1552 and 1788, but there are other spikes there as well.

One of the referenced books is apparently a document of Maine legislature from the year 1508, which references both these wars, the Korean campaign and the Viet Nam war.
I do not get why the latter two would be in legislature of a French region (since the USA state did not exist back then). Or how they would get some prophets to know about it. So this must be some ridiculous error on google's part.

The universe is unravelling. China, the USA and UAE have sent a desperate joint mission to Mars to try and shut down the anomaly.
If it fails, global productivity will grind to a halt, because everyone will be too busy for the next few decades discussing the horrible consequences of World War VI, and if anything could have been to be done to prevent it from having happened in the future.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #156462 on: March 31, 2021, 10:49:36 am »

The solution:
Start the war now, with nukes, before the others suspect you.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156463 on: March 31, 2021, 03:15:55 pm »

Companies that earn more than $1B.  Yes, all of them are a WTF.  Mostly because I don't even understand how they function on a daily basis.  They seem to function in spite of themselves.

I don't understand how they get so big, with as many dumb things that they do.  I'm not even talking about things that make the news, I'm talking about not having enough tools for the employees, or using tools that cost ridiculous amounts of money that your employees spend more time fighting with instead of getting work done.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #156464 on: March 31, 2021, 03:51:56 pm »

The universe is unravelling. China, the USA and UAE have sent a desperate joint mission to Mars to try and shut down the anomaly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 10429 10430 [10431] 10432 10433 ... 11039