Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10414 10415 [10416] 10417 10418 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14556484 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156225 on: March 16, 2021, 09:07:00 pm »

Oh, that's due to the Greatorder forum breakdown. You would need to click on one of the less popular threads (e.g. starwars thread), it will take you right to Reelya's post.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156226 on: March 16, 2021, 09:34:15 pm »

I'll be honest and say y'all had me scared there for a moment.  I'm glad Reelya hasn't quit or, jeez, been banned.  We certainly don't always agree but still.

I visited a lakeside park today after handling some work.  It had just rained, and there was still a misty drizzle.  I was there a while, just... taking things in.  I spent several minutes staring at two white dots across the lake on a bridge who *seemed* to be moving, but I couldn't be sure.  Eventually they finished fishing and moved.

wait, I can actually figure out how far away they were pretty easy - wow, this lake is *tiny* compared to others in the area, even though it's my favorite - Uhh okay pretty close to 2000 ft!  Which is an awkward .37 miles so let's call it 6 hectometers to avoid confusion.

I wonder if I'm getting this wrong, because it appeared a lot farther than my understanding of even a half-mile.  I mostly base that on bicycling though, or of walking twisting forest and urban sidewalks.  Seeing the whole distance in a straight line over impassible water is a different bowl of fish, so to speak.

I also helped a very long (probably normal-sized) earthworm across an asphalt path, then gazed at it for a considerable time as it slid over sticks and under leaves.

I needed some outside alone time and I got it.  Outside the area I can conveniently walk to, that is.  I also got pictures and video!  And a lot of pokemon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156227 on: March 17, 2021, 04:48:04 am »

Vaccination today but i'm in hiding. Not slept in awhile and the weird mental fuckery and paranoia that comes with it is interesting. I kept falling asleep at people. I need to get this jag tho. Horrible disease. And they probably do like 500 folk a day anyway? How the fuck do you corral such a mentally ill scrap of crap.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156228 on: March 17, 2021, 05:18:07 am »

Just go get that shot and get it over with I'd say.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156229 on: March 17, 2021, 05:31:16 am »

Yeah I'm gonna get it. I'd be a fucking horrible cunt if I didn't, but I wanna go on record as not liking this shit. I'd rather they remove my nose for awhile.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156230 on: March 17, 2021, 05:32:13 am »

(This is my attempt at humour and also shows how my brain meat reeeallly isn't working anymore)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156231 on: March 17, 2021, 10:10:38 am »

I'm growing increasingly convinced that the giant golden trump statue is a work of brilliant satire and that the Republican party pulled another Colbert by taking it seriously

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156232 on: March 17, 2021, 10:11:27 am »

Just found out my sister's (now ex-)partner pulled some 'Florida man' level shit when she tried to cut ties with him after 3 years of verbal abuse, insane threats, accusations and a whole lot more. For context, the dude basically decided one day to move in to my sister's home without asking her first, and barely helped with financials despite having a well paying job at all times. In addition to that, he would often get ridiculously drunk and go on night long tantrums about how my sister is a POS for not wanting a child with him, with some wild accusations of her being unfaithful added to the mix.

Now, my sister's been telling him for several months that he should find a place for himself and that she wants to part ways, which have always resulted in him just childishly ignoring her. Well, yesterday he threw another tantrum because she would not go with him to the nearby city to celebrate one of his friends becoming a father. Once again, he sat out on the porch, and proceeded to get shitfaced. My sister got fed up and packed all the stuff he ever bought into his car and told him to fuck off. The idiot claimed that the only way he is ever gonna leave this house is either in an ambulance or a funeral car, and decided to try hanging himself on the porch while my sister was inside the house and not paying attention. After being interruped, he got into his car and started driving to the nearby pub, only to end up in a ditch. Being a drunken dumbass, he left the car there and sauntered back to the house to continue getting even more drunk. Thankfully, my sister was able to get some help from a local friend and he was eventually persuaded into leaving, but I'm really afraid that this psycho jackass will return and try to harm her.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #156233 on: March 17, 2021, 10:14:32 am »

Should have called the police. At the very least it would've set a precedent so next time he turns up they'll be better able to tell him to get lost.

Also, glad he didn't turn violent, was half-worried he might.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156234 on: March 17, 2021, 10:17:57 am »

Yeah, get the authorities involved, this dude sounds entirely too unstable to not try something else. And that "something else" could very well include trying to twist the story, which is another reason to want the cops seeing and getting a record of his behavior before that point.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156235 on: March 17, 2021, 11:03:17 am »

"We want to buy you this dresser, how big's the one you already have"

"Big enough"

"But the room's a mess"

Maybe that's because I'm a lazy sack of shit, and not the distinct lack of unwanted dressers in my life.  More importantly, stop buying me shit I don't use every holiday.

"I don't want another dresser"  I don't feel like moving shit around, I don't feel like assembling an IKEA dresser I neither bought nor wanted.  I have to work from home just like you do.

Dad points to the exact location in my room where it would be the most pain in the ass to put it.

"We could put it there"  No, stop.

Why do people ask me questions when the answer is already there.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156236 on: March 17, 2021, 11:08:58 am »

You could have some sweet revenge by buying your dad a really uncomfortable chair for his birthday, and sneakily remove his favourite chair as a 'surprise'.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156237 on: March 17, 2021, 11:48:01 am »

I have half a mind to just immediately load it into my car and haul it directly to the dump.

The other half might actually return it to Ikea so they get their utterly wasted money back.

But I'm tired of 75% of my life being people not hearing me, not seeing me, or outright talking over or past me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #156238 on: March 17, 2021, 12:32:42 pm »

Compromise with your father and start using the dresser you already have.
Love, scriver~

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156239 on: March 17, 2021, 12:41:38 pm »

Compromise with your father and start using the dresser you already have.

My dad thinks my room is a mess no matter what real state its in.

And I know for a goddamn fact that his room has fucking clothes everywhere, somehow in spite of using the washing machine every single day.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 10414 10415 [10416] 10417 10418 ... 11039