Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10411 10412 [10413] 10414 10415 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14555421 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156180 on: March 14, 2021, 01:20:03 pm »

Yes, I'm sure using all those perishable ingredients wont result in a printer with a funny smell
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156181 on: March 14, 2021, 01:23:12 pm »

Also ink is very expensive

I discovered today that it's possible to make black printer ink on your own with a lighted candle and a mix of egg yolk, gum Arabic and honey (or also to make blue ink out of laundry bluing). Then you can inject it with a syringe in your empty cartridge.

That would be fine, but tech companies are insidious and vile.. Nowadays, printer ink carts' chip firmware prevents printing with it after a certain number of prints or something, regardless of how much ink is there in the cart, you can refill it all you want, but the firmware in the chip in the cart's still gonna tell the printer that it's out of ink.

There was a wondereful, eye-opening and rage-inducing video about it on youtube, let me see if i can't find it...

Here: "Ink Cartridges Are A Scam" On Youtube, by AustinMcConnell

I think a segment in the video talks about it a bit.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156182 on: March 14, 2021, 01:24:53 pm »

making black ink's cool and all but I need cyan to print in black in white.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156183 on: March 14, 2021, 01:34:47 pm »

That would be fine, but tech companies are insidious and vile.. Nowadays, printer ink carts' chip firmware prevents printing with it after a certain number of prints or something, regardless of how much ink is there in the cart, you can refill it all you want, but the firmware in the chip in the cart's still gonna tell the printer that it's out of ink.

Ugh

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156184 on: March 14, 2021, 01:43:16 pm »

That's why you should buy a laser printer instead. There's none of that anti-consumer ink management nonsense.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156185 on: March 14, 2021, 03:01:56 pm »

Yes, I'm sure using all those perishable ingredients wont result in a printer with a funny smell
Honey is a fantastic preservative though, it might help stave off the rottiness?

...although that usually works best when the honey gets to be a unified front line of defense

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #156186 on: March 14, 2021, 04:04:05 pm »

The best ink is the blood of your enemies amyway
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156187 on: March 14, 2021, 06:40:42 pm »

Oh here people simply pirate the cartidge chips and be done with it. Living in Tortuga from Pirates of the Caribean has its perks.

I have spent an inordinate amount of time looking for people’s experience of FATAL on the interwebs over the past few days.
Anal? Anal dilation in a tablebottle?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 07:07:48 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156188 on: March 14, 2021, 07:17:36 pm »

I have spent an inordinate amount of time looking for people’s experience of FATAL on the interwebs over the past few days.
Anal? Anal dilation in a tablebottle?

Pounded in the Butt by My Own TTRPG
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156189 on: March 14, 2021, 07:55:55 pm »

Oh here people simply pirate the cartidge chips and be done with it. Living in Tortuga from Pirates of the Caribean has its perks.
There's more than one Tortuga, the Tortuga with the pirates is part of Haiti.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156190 on: March 14, 2021, 08:16:59 pm »

I mean, we only lack the wooden peg legs and the parrots because both were used to cook a meal. Here EVERYTHING can a has been pirated, I dare to say right down to whole cars, making the phrase "you would not download a car" have a new meaning.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156191 on: March 14, 2021, 08:47:21 pm »

making the phrase "you would not download a car" have a new meaning.
I remember that. It was so dumb because, I mean, obviously I would.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156192 on: March 14, 2021, 08:50:25 pm »

making the phrase "you would not download a car" have a new meaning.
I remember that. It was so dumb because, I mean, obviously I would.
Yeah. It's just that no one's seeding a Camaro.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156193 on: March 14, 2021, 08:54:44 pm »

Isn't it now technically possible to 3D print a car now? Granted, you're gonna need a giant 3D printer for that to happen, but there's this car called the Czinger 21C, which is almost entirely 3D printed. It's because they used some machine learning stuff to create their parts, so the only thing able to manufacture the strange designs that process generates is 3D printing. That, or they're collecting as many buzzwords as possible.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156194 on: March 14, 2021, 09:03:19 pm »

That, or they're collecting as many buzzwords as possible.
They are making  an assertive shift of paradigms.
Pages: 1 ... 10411 10412 [10413] 10414 10415 ... 11039