Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10407 10408 [10409] 10410 10411 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553789 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156120 on: March 12, 2021, 05:38:04 pm »

More usefully, FATAL (which stands for either "From Another Time Another Land" or "Fantasy Adventure Tales of Adult Lechery" depending on when you ask the authors) is an independently produced RPG from the early 00s. The creators were very young men (either lat high school or early college) with the douchbro attitude very common in that combination of era, gender, and age.

It has the following major problems.

1. Extremely offensive content. The racist armors (of which "Jewy Jewbacca" (Whosoever dons this armor will acquire a nose twice the size and a manhood half the size. Further, the wearer will become extremely greedy and fight to the death for one silver piece. Finally, the wearer acquires 2 inches of hair all over their body, resulting in halving their Facial Charisma and Bodily Attractiveness. While hairy, the wearer must bathe every 1d6 hours or smell foul. The armor may be removed at any time and the wearer will return to normal.) is possibly the least offensive) are the most famous, but there's plenty more. Perhaps (it is telling that this word is usable here) the worst is the section on grappling, which includes rules on raping your opponent (with die modifiers for "good girl", "slut", and "infant") in the middle. Alternatively, the spell flub that summons gay ogres to rape your character is pretty bad as well.

2. Obsession with tables of tables, die rolls, and similar. I've seen estimates that simple character creation requires thousands of rolls.

3. Mechanics that just don't work, most notably the fact that obviously-linked attributes are independently rolled - for a famous example, it is possibly for your anus to have a larger inside diameter than outside diameter.

4. It is almost impossible to get rid of it because honest garbage, fire, and the pit of Mount Doom want nothing to do with it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156121 on: March 12, 2021, 05:48:47 pm »

a famous example, it is possibly for your anus to have a larger inside diameter than outside diameter.
Is't that called prolapse Shonus?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156122 on: March 12, 2021, 05:57:58 pm »

Why would you make a presentation on FATAL?!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156123 on: March 12, 2021, 07:07:46 pm »

Windows foisted an update. It took over two hours to install, apparently bottlenecked by my power supply for some reason(source: Task Manager for the process showing power use as "Very High"), and the main "feature" was removing the ability to change the color of my taskbar and instead leaving it a choice between white and black. Everything else in the update is the ability to alt-tab between tabs in Edge, and the ability to save/pin a tab in Edge - a feature that sounds exactly the same as bookmarking... a feature that's been standard for most internet browsers(including Internet Explorer) since the 90's.

PRE-EDIT: Nevermind, I found the option to bring back the color. It's just disabled by default and buried in settings. Notably, window borders and title bars also have the same feature, but the color option is enabled by default.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156124 on: March 12, 2021, 07:08:02 pm »

I guess my question is: who is asking you to do this? are they pleased?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156125 on: March 12, 2021, 07:18:45 pm »

Deranged teacher? A MainMaster?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156126 on: March 12, 2021, 07:23:36 pm »

Deranged teacher? A MainMaster?

This is my new question
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #156127 on: March 12, 2021, 07:31:53 pm »

a famous example, it is possibly for your anus to have a larger inside diameter than outside diameter.
Is't that called prolapse Shonus?

I'm not sure, but I think if it was your default condition you would die.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156128 on: March 12, 2021, 07:32:32 pm »

I mean, we all die eventually~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156129 on: March 12, 2021, 07:38:39 pm »

I mean, we all die eventually~
Hopefully not because having non euclidean anuses.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156130 on: March 12, 2021, 07:40:42 pm »

I believe it's possible to roll a negative diameter. Picture how that works, I dare you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156131 on: March 12, 2021, 07:51:37 pm »

I believe it's possible to roll a negative diameter. Picture how that works, I dare you.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156132 on: March 12, 2021, 07:52:40 pm »

So... black hole got a whole new meta-meaning.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #156133 on: March 12, 2021, 08:04:33 pm »

Apparently the creators of the game thought they were being highbrow. At least one of them claims as such, anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #156134 on: March 12, 2021, 11:47:26 pm »

There's been a lot of attempts to walk it back as satire. Which is an extremely common way to try to deflect the blame for really bad shit.

I was being quite serious when I said that the antisemetic armor was among the least offensive of the racist armors. If I described some of the other ones in public, I would probably get shot.
Pages: 1 ... 10407 10408 [10409] 10410 10411 ... 11039