Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10365 10366 [10367] 10368 10369 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14554627 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155490 on: January 29, 2021, 10:27:19 pm »

Biometrics. DNA collection, blood sample, fingerprints, iris, etc. I was directly told it was biometrics, at the time of implantation, verbally. Doesn't mean I was okay with it.

Edit: To further clarify, I called up to their records dept. and on the phone they mentioned the brand 'Medtronic'. A quick google search shows that company does in fact produce medical devices/implants, biometric sensors being one of them. They mentioned it when they ASKED what kind of biometrics were implanted in me. Our legal system is absolute joke.

And on that note, this has probably happened to people before, in the present, and in the future too. IF I don't do something to stop this legally and judicially with all the power I have as a citizen then it will happen to countless others. And my dad's words to me before he passed was that if I was to stand for something, to remember that even if I stood alone my heart and moral compass would still be intact. I'm going to make a stand about this. I contacted the ACLU. A friend is trying to get me a lawyer, and I'm going to see if the I-team with our local news place is willing to investigate. I have suffered from trauma for years as a result of this. Today amplified that times about five. or ten, I dunno.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 10:31:08 pm by x2yzh9 »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #155491 on: January 29, 2021, 11:16:50 pm »

The laws allowing devices to be implanted without consultation are intended to cover emergency "we found something in surgery and you'll die if we don't put this in!" cases. That's clearly not what happened here, and you've probably got a very solid case.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155492 on: January 29, 2021, 11:19:39 pm »

I'm gonna be honest here, if there's any criminal charges involved in this I will press them. If it was not even deemed medically necessary then the waiver is invalid. Or I could have that completely wrong; still working on getting in touch with a lawyer.

The kicker here is that I've had MRIs before. I had a brain scan(Brain MRI) the other day. And X-Rays. So if what lord shonus says is logically true, they would obviously take steps to eliminate any detection of such wrongdoing.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155493 on: January 29, 2021, 11:37:13 pm »

Biometrics. DNA collection, blood sample, fingerprints, iris, etc. I was directly told it was biometrics, at the time of implantation, verbally. Doesn't mean I was okay with it.

Edit: [SNIP]
Call me drunk, but I'm not seeing where any implantation took place.  A violation of privacy though sure!

Edit: Which I must emphasize is also very, very bad.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155494 on: January 29, 2021, 11:42:43 pm »

Well it's different-It's an actual device, that was implanted in my right hand. Subdermal fascia, between the right thumb and index finger. I can message you a picture of it? It left behind a very evident surgical scar this clear on a camera. It also has a weird kind of gloss to it. and it's not present in my left hand, and I was not born with any birth defects like such. Sorry, this is just a lot for me to take in. Probably much less anybody else.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155495 on: January 30, 2021, 02:19:40 am »

I should point out, that fingerprint and iris scans would be pretty difficult to do from inside ones hand. And these two, along with DNA collection, really need to be done only once anyway.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155496 on: January 30, 2021, 02:46:59 am »

Thanks for clarifying that.
You're wrong.  You're stuck in a paranoid delusion.
That's okay, we''re all mad here in covid.

I have said much weirder things.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155497 on: January 30, 2021, 03:25:40 am »

My concern is: for what reason? People don't go around implanting stuff into people for no reason, and I wonder why'd they put it in such an inconvenient spot. At some point, this implant must communicate with the outside world at some point if it is to be at all useful. I suggest some tests:

If it's an RFID/NFC device, would an NFC-enabled phone (or anything capable of reading NFC tags) be able to detect its presence?

If this were Bluetooth, can you not use one of many exploits to just guess at its MAC address and eventually hit a so-called "hidden" device? If not you, get a tech-head to do it for you. Hell, it might not be smart enough to be hidden, and you can detect a Bluetooth device while in a 2.4GHz Faraday cage with just a phone (or other Bluetooth-enabled device) and yourself in it. Make sure you have no other Bluetooth devices on you so that you can narrow it down.

If this were WiFi, does there not exist software that can just scan the area for any and all WiFi networks, including the "hidden" ones?

What technology does this implant use? I'm sure with a nice, very-high-end oscilloscope, you can connect a directional antenna to the 'scope, then point it towards the implant, and use the FFT function to detect peaks in the signal corresponding to RF emissions by the implant. What device is meant to interface with it, if any?

These are all very important questions that need to be asked. If you cannot detect it at all by any means, then it falls into "The Dragon in My Garage" territory, and it can no longer be considered a verifiable belief. When you go up to the courthouse to plead your case, you must have facts to go with your arguments. You (your lawyer actually, but they're following what you say) need to show clear evidence of the implant's existence (by way of detection with other tools), else your case falls apart.

But if Rolan's suspicions are correct, it wouldn't be worth it to argue. It's often impossible to differentiate fact from fiction under these conditions.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:21:49 am by methylatedspirit »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155498 on: January 30, 2021, 04:25:27 am »

I would suspect RFID or NFC.  A very modern phone should be able to do both.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155499 on: January 30, 2021, 04:36:07 am »

I would suspect RFID or NFC.  A very modern phone should be able to do both.

By "very modern" you mean "all high-end phones circa 2012", right? Samsung's S series of phones have all had NFC since the S3. To do that fancy "card emulation" thing where you essentially make your phone fake your credit card's details so that you can pay with your phone as if it was your card (my bro showed me that, pretty cool), you need RFID support.

Speaking more anecdotally, my Google Pixel 2 (RIP) was a 2017 phone, and I played around with its NFC a bit with my cards. It could only detect them, but I thought it was cool.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155500 on: January 30, 2021, 05:27:15 am »

Had to pick a wood pigeon out of netting today. It was not pleased.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155501 on: January 30, 2021, 06:13:03 am »

If you had MRI scans, I highly doubt there is something in you that is capable of transmitting anything. The magnetic field would have ripped it (or at least any magenetizable metal) out of your body.

I am kinda agreeing with Rolan here. I think you are suffering from paranoid delusion. Go see a psychiatrist.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:17:05 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #155502 on: January 30, 2021, 06:23:53 am »

Well it's different-It's an actual device, that was implanted in my right hand. Subdermal fascia, between the right thumb and index finger. I can message you a picture of it? It left behind a very evident surgical scar this clear on a camera. It also has a weird kind of gloss to it. and it's not present in my left hand, and I was not born with any birth defects like such. Sorry, this is just a lot for me to take in. Probably much less anybody else.
Isn't this the guy that periodically posts about having a radio chip in his teeth? Like, for the last 10 years?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155503 on: January 30, 2021, 07:32:37 am »

The guy who called me handsome told me that while he's a man, I'm a computer. I feel so validated, even though that's not even remotely the point. Can't believe I got validated by a transphobe about my gender by complete accident (I haven't told him I'm an enby, and I have no intentions of doing so).

The original context was that he was talking with someone else about girls and how pretty they are even while wearing modest clothes (which, ew). I told them that they're horny as all hell. Then he told me that they're men, while I'm a "gay computer". Amazing. I refuse to consider it in its original context, and I will take that as a massive compliment about my gender. I ain't no gender.

My only problem is that, apparently you get one crush on a guy, and suddenly you're gay according to this guy, who must be the Arbiter of Sexualities. I don't even particularly believe in the whole "straight", "gay", and "bi" thing. It relates to gender, which I've considered a bullshit concept.

Personally, I prefer the terms "androphilia" (men/masculinity-attracted), "gynephilia" (woman/femininity-attracted), and "ambiphilia" (attraction to both), but that's how I prefer to see myself because it makes the internal system self-consistent, what with being agender and all. The standard terms stop making sense at this point. Me, I'd say I'm pointing in the direction of gynephilia ("straight" is the closest translation using the standard terms and loading in the birth gender), but it's hard to say when my readings keep going below detectable levels.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155504 on: January 30, 2021, 07:59:22 am »

They don't really relate to gender (as in identity), they relate more to sex.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10365 10366 [10367] 10368 10369 ... 11039