Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10354 10355 [10356] 10357 10358 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14556792 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155325 on: January 23, 2021, 08:14:50 am »

Walk by TV, it's doing that Christian kid's show with the vegetables or whatever it is. See them doing a rendition of huckleberry finn. Like. First thing it does, is reimagine Jim as Big Jim, someone doing "three years community service" at some asshole's lumber yard.

And I'm just, like. What the absolute fuck are you people doing to twain's work. What the actual hell is this shit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155326 on: January 23, 2021, 08:20:27 am »

Is vegietales for your.

Fuck my phone keyboard keep insisting to write yoy instead of you, and randomly delete complete words as soon I finish writing them up. Also somehow the cursor goes back a few spaces at random*

Fake edit: Delete the last one, I just find out I can move the cursor over the text forward or backwards by swiping the space bar at one direction or the other.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155327 on: January 23, 2021, 09:33:55 am »

Time to find some long lost relatives of Twain to go full Tolkien family style lawsuit on them
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155328 on: January 23, 2021, 11:31:04 am »

I just find out I can move the cursor over the text forward or backwards by swiping the space bar at one direction or the other.
:o

You have just improved my quality of life immensely!!!! Where's the tears of joy emoji!?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155329 on: January 23, 2021, 11:41:12 am »

Fake edit: Delete the last one, I just find out I can move the cursor over the text forward or backwards by swiping the space bar at one direction or the other.

What sort of keyboard are you using? Normal keyboards only have one sensor under the spacebar, so such behaviour can't even be detected.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155330 on: January 23, 2021, 11:46:11 am »

What sort of keyboard are you using? Normal keyboards only have one sensor under the spacebar, so such behaviour can't even be detected.

Touchscreen, I'm guessing.

edit: Yeah he's literally talking about a phone keyboard, lol

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155331 on: January 23, 2021, 12:24:11 pm »

Yes, phome keyboard. In fact I just realize that no matter which key I press, as long I keep my finger press down I can move the cursor to either side.

This is a samsung galaxy j2 prime keyboard with nothing fancy installed.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 12:25:47 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155332 on: January 23, 2021, 12:51:27 pm »

Similar on iPhone - holding down space blanks the keyboard and you can then move the cursor in all directions.  Only appears to work with space though, not the other keys.

I have long wondered "why don't they give us cursor forward/back control"... and it turns out it was always there... just "undiscoverable."
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155333 on: January 23, 2021, 01:22:58 pm »

Yes, phome keyboard. In fact I just realize that no matter which key I press, as long I keep my finger press down I can move the cursor to either side.

This is a samsung galaxy j2 prime keyboard with nothing fancy installed.

Amazing! It works!
This surely is the most amazing discovery of 2021!  Well except maybe if they find a cure for covid.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155334 on: January 23, 2021, 01:27:02 pm »

Oh.
On my Android tablet, I can get cursor keys through several clicks. I will try your method.

Works, space only. The moment I drop off space, it ends, returning me wherever I started it. If I stop still on space, it stops there.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155335 on: January 23, 2021, 01:32:14 pm »

I miss my android.  Apple is sure convenient when you're doing things they want you to do, but not so much at any other time.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155336 on: January 23, 2021, 01:41:12 pm »

Welcome to the walled garden.

(I do not want an apple product. I am a tech-head, and like to tinker. I insist on having unfettered access. Do I often use that level of access? Of course not-- the point is that if I need it, I have it.  Apple insists I never need it, and never will need it. I should just use it for facetime and safari, and be a good little user.)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155337 on: January 23, 2021, 02:26:40 pm »

Ohhh remembering the old if OS were arilines joke....

Here, for any younglings:

DOS Air: Passengers walk out onto the runway, grab hold of the plane, push it until it gets in the air, hop on, then jump off when it hits the ground.

They grab the plane again, push it back into the air, hop on, jump off....

Mac Airways: The cashiers, flight attendants, and pilots all look the same, talk the same, and act the same. When you ask them questions about the flight, they reply that you don't want to know, don't need to know, and would you please return to your seat and watch the movie.

Windows Airlines: The terminal is neat and clean, the attendants courteous, the pilots capable. The fleet of Lear jets the carrier operates is immense. Your jet takes off without a hitch, pushes above the clouds and, at 20,000 feet, explodes without warning.

OS/2 Skyways: The terminal is almost empty - only a few prospective passengers mill about. The announcer says that a flight has just departed, although no planes appear to be on the runway. Airline personnel apologize profusely to customers in hushed voices, pointing from time to time to the sleek, powerful jets outside. They tell each passenger how great the flight will be on these new jets and how much safer it will be than Windows Airlines, but they will have to wait a little longer for the technicians to finish the flight systems. Maybe until mid-1995. Maybe longer.

Fly Windows NT: Passengers carry their seats out onto the tarmac and place them in the outline of a plane. They sit down, flap their arms, and make jet swooshing sounds as if they are flying.

Unix Express: Passengers bring a piece of the airplane and a box of tools with them to the airport. They gather on the tarmac, arguing about what kind of plane they want to build. The passengers split into groups and build several different aircraft but give them all the same name. Only some passengers reach their destinations, but all of them believe they arrived.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #155338 on: January 23, 2021, 05:15:06 pm »

Never heard that one back in the day.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155339 on: January 23, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »

I heard the Windows one lol. Good times.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 10354 10355 [10356] 10357 10358 ... 11039