Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10319 10320 [10321] 10322 10323 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549320 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154800 on: December 22, 2020, 11:21:27 pm »

Don’t we all? I don’t really see myself as particularly special in that regard.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154801 on: December 23, 2020, 05:46:46 am »

I wouldn't delete my old posts it seems like to much of a pain in the ass.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154802 on: December 23, 2020, 05:51:32 am »

At my mothers talking about the old woman who taught me the Way of the Bins that died recently-ish from too much base and vodka

stepfather's response: "I can get you base for pennies caz!!"

me: "@_@ ....that is NOT the take away from this story"

mother: ":D "

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154803 on: December 23, 2020, 06:15:43 am »

re: old posts

Honestly... I don't particularly care. My early post history is filled with cringe, and if you think less of me for the mistakes that I made in the past, rather than what I'm doing now, I think that says more about you than it does about me. Everyone's life has moments that would qualify as "cringe", and posts on online platforms are just one category of those. If you're too hard on yourself, thinking that everything you've done is terrible, then you're gonna come to a point where you're gonna realize that you've never been happy with yourself in your life.

So, yeah, I don't think it's particularly worth it, since the people who would deliberately dig up old posts for "dirt" are weapons-grade assholes anyway.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154804 on: December 23, 2020, 06:28:50 am »

sooo, you know what I want more than to erase my past?  A search function for my own posts.  How do I find the cringe?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154805 on: December 23, 2020, 06:39:06 am »

I deleted my old forum games (asked Toady) a while ago. Massive old shame for me. Plus they had no artistic value. Dozens of threads of pointless, confusing, lame drivel that's bad fanfic-tier in quality.

I wanted to purge that from historical record. I did it knowing full well that there are no archives that I know of. Because Bay12 doesn't allow archive crawlers. So those games are gone. And that pleases me.

I have grown. Both the KittyTac who was responsible for the Roblox Incident plus starting fights in Suggestions and especially the <older online persona> who trolled several forums are gone. I am almost a different person by now. Thus, remove MNC and embrace progress instead of keeping my cringe past as baggage.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 06:52:33 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #154806 on: December 23, 2020, 07:04:20 am »

Ah Dw about it, Kt. You're much better now.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154807 on: December 23, 2020, 07:07:24 am »

So those games are gone. And that pleases me.
That's a shame because that apparently included AI in Charge of an Asteroid and I did enjoy that game, I thought it was quite well made.

Also what does MNC mean?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154808 on: December 23, 2020, 07:15:48 am »

So those games are gone. And that pleases me.
That's a shame because that apparently included AI in Charge of an Asteroid and I did enjoy that game, I thought it was quite well made.

Also what does MNC mean?
Yeah honestly shame about that game, I should have made an exception. I kinda plan on redoing some old games of mine without repeating my mistakes. Probably after New Year.

MNC is an abbreviation. For one of my old games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154809 on: December 23, 2020, 07:18:18 am »

We will be watching your next moves with some interest, "roblox guy"~

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154810 on: December 23, 2020, 07:25:08 am »

::) Things like that are the reason I destroy my past.

So kindly fuck off.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 07:33:53 am by KittyTac »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154811 on: December 23, 2020, 07:46:51 am »

re: old posts

Honestly... I don't particularly care. My early post history is filled with cringe, and if you think less of me for the mistakes that I made in the past, rather than what I'm doing now, I think that says more about you than it does about me. Everyone's life has moments that would qualify as "cringe", and posts on online platforms are just one category of those. If you're too hard on yourself, thinking that everything you've done is terrible, then you're gonna come to a point where you're gonna realize that you've never been happy with yourself in your life.

So, yeah, I don't think it's particularly worth it, since the people who would deliberately dig up old posts for "dirt" are weapons-grade assholes anyway.

*goes to look back on old posts with interest*

Apparently I played more mafia games than I remember? And.... oh dear. Yeah, I'm better off in ignorance about this I think. One of the minor situations where I feel blessed that my longterm memory is non-existant. *closes window, burns pc*

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154812 on: December 23, 2020, 07:50:06 am »

Not to add insult to injury, but I think there's a bit of Streisand Effect going on; the more you try to erase your past, the more people know about it. Hell, I barged into this forum in... early 2019, and barged into General Discussion around Q2 2019, so I shouldn't know anything about it. But by being so embarrassed by it while erasing it, you've inadvertently made me know more about said Incident than I'd ever willingly seek out.

I'm so sorry. It is what it is.

I'd like to ask you a question: If you erased and forgot every mistake you've ever made, did you truly learn as a person? In the end, would it have been worth it, just to not be in pain sometimes?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154813 on: December 23, 2020, 07:54:52 am »

Not to add insult to injury, but I think there's a bit of Streisand Effect going on; the more you try to erase your past, the more people know about it. Hell, I barged into this forum in... early 2019, and barged into General Discussion around Q2 2019, so I shouldn't know anything about it. But by being so embarrassed by it while erasing it, you've inadvertently made me know more about said Incident than I'd ever willingly seek out.

I'm so sorry. It is what it is.

I'd like to ask you a question: If you erased and forgot every mistake you've ever made, did you truly learn as a person? In the end, would it have been worth it, just to not be in pain sometimes?
People vaguely know about it anyways even if they don't seek out information on it, by overhearing conversations.

And yes it was worth it. It haunted me knowing that my 2-years-old bad writing was still there somewhere. That someone could stumble upon it. Those mistakes aren't truly erased. They are still there. In my mind. As a reminder of me being a stupid bitch.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154814 on: December 23, 2020, 07:56:03 am »

::) Things like that are the reason I destroy my past.

So kindly fuck off.

no
Pages: 1 ... 10319 10320 [10321] 10322 10323 ... 11038