Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10316 10317 [10318] 10319 10320 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14548458 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154755 on: December 19, 2020, 11:23:22 am »

Do you know de wey?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154756 on: December 19, 2020, 12:02:55 pm »

De way is part of my religion
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154757 on: December 19, 2020, 02:07:49 pm »

De odder side.

whatchoo talkin' 'bout?

De spirit wo'ld, man!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154758 on: December 19, 2020, 02:12:52 pm »

Were da sun drops into bottles!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154759 on: December 19, 2020, 02:39:19 pm »

die wäy, die
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154760 on: December 19, 2020, 03:03:08 pm »

Were da sun drops into bottles!

Sundrop?

In bottles?

Sounds horrible.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154761 on: December 19, 2020, 10:21:10 pm »

I still can't believe that Girafarig is Psychic/Normal instead of Dark/Normal.  Its entire butt is a strange shadow creature with a mind of its own.  How is it psychic?  The butt creature acts with its own brain, but that brain is "too small for thinking" (??) so that's not psychic argh!

Of course mainly I just don't like the Dark options in gen 2.  Umbreon at least has a lovely design but awful stats.  Houndoom is super powerful and decent concept, but I already facerolled the game with it basically, so I'm tired of it.  Poochyena is basically just Houndour/Houndoom but less interesting??  ...Huh, if you accept the idea that Eevees are canine, that makes most of the Gen 2 dark types canine.  But they're all good dogs, Brent :(

Leaving Murkrow and Sneasel which don't evolve.  I really don't like Murkrow's look, but Sneasel is alright.  Cool look, gruesome pokedex entries, and ice type.  sure I have a well trained swinub and Arti-freakin-cuno but Ice is a strong type, and I really need something with Dark blood to take on Sabrina's 15-badge Psychic gym.

Then on to the Elite Four, swing back to get Blue's badge, then various legendary hunting until I find the true final encounter at the waterfall (on my own!)

- Pokemon Crystal Clear, which updated in October with an *amazing* built-in Pokedex which explains how to find each pokemon once you've seen it (and you sure do see them in the gym challenges and rechallenges, which scale with your badge count)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154762 on: December 19, 2020, 11:24:47 pm »

I find Stantler cute, but I've always liked deer.  It and Delibird just exist to give the ice cave some christmas-themed variety - to make it harder to get the actually useful Sneasel and Jynx.

also I know this is the stalest rant ever, but Gyarados should be a freaking dragon, especially by Magikarp's lore/mythology.  If they didn't want two Flying Dragons then they could have let Dragonite stay on the ground instead of turning from wyrm to painfully derpy cartoon western dragon.  Or alternatively make Gyarados Water/Dragon - it works fine for Kingdra, which appeared in the next gen!  AGH the whole POINT is that the carp ascends to divinity[dragonhood]!

I hate evolving dragonair so much.  Especially shinies, uuuugh they go from nice purple to ugly green.

edit: wait stantler can what
(Don't worry I looked it up myself.  Amazing.  So they're basically unicorns.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 11:28:01 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154763 on: December 20, 2020, 03:02:43 am »

Poochyena is gen 3 anyway.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154764 on: December 20, 2020, 03:26:28 am »

Oh yeah, you're right.  Dang GO!
But checking that, I noticed that I forgot Tyrannitar (because it's dark "secondarily", thanks Bulbabedia...).  Only after it finishes evolving, but still, it's definitely one of the best pokemon in Gen 2.  Kind of a lazy choice, but... eh, it's cool, and IIRC it levels up slowly.  And AFAIK the best way to get it is from grinding Voltorb Flip, which I wanted to do anyway!
She/they

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154765 on: December 20, 2020, 04:43:07 am »

I remember an argument saying that Gyarados and Dragonite should basically be swapped, since they both look more like the other's unevolved counterparts than their own.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154766 on: December 20, 2020, 06:35:58 am »

There's a dog howling around my area. Now, from my cursory reading of Google search results, a howling dog means that it's lost, separated from its pack. I don't think it's multiple dogs; I saw this small dog (likely child/adolescent, considering standard stray dog sizes) cycling, and it was hanging around, like it was lost. It's howling way too many times for it to just be standard dog communication. It's desperate.

Also, I think it's knocking things over. I think it's mad or something. I don't wanna look for fear of getting attacked.

Edit: My friend walked past my door right as I was peeking outside, and he told me it's actually multiple dogs. That raises the threat level from "scary, but probably fine" to "OH FUCK OH SHIT". Whatever they're doing, they're on a mission.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 06:56:25 am by methylatedspirit »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154767 on: December 20, 2020, 07:19:17 am »

I remember simpler times, were only 256 pokemon were needed.... o wait what thats kb of ram?

Anyway... stay out of my lawn!

How are you hanging meth? Enough food and water still? Everything okay?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154768 on: December 20, 2020, 07:29:49 am »

How are you hanging meth? Enough food and water still? Everything okay?

I'm doing absolutely fine, I think. Food and water supplies are consistently good. I'm consistently under budget; I've managed to almost save enough to buy me a new 1TB SSD! I'll probably say something about that in the Happy thread when I get it and figure out how to transfer my data across.

Almost everything. There's, like, a dog gang war going on outside, and I'm afraid to exit my room for fear of being attacked. I don't feel safe enough to even go out to refill my water bottle. I need help on this. Is it safe to go out?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154769 on: December 20, 2020, 11:45:52 am »

Probably is. As long no big dogs are wandering outside the hall.
Pages: 1 ... 10316 10317 [10318] 10319 10320 ... 11038