Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10305 10306 [10307] 10308 10309 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545139 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154590 on: November 27, 2020, 12:35:18 am »

I do agree I went too far but everything I said was about what you said and not you as a person.

There's also a lot of "they" in there, third person. I was talking about the attitude in general and not about you.

Let's face it, all culture is bullshit and saying that they are in some other dimension and shouldn't upset their listeners by having opinions about stuff - that attitude is every bit as bullshit as them having opinions about stuff.

^ This may have said your statement was bullshit, but it's prefaced with all culture is bullshit.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 12:39:33 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154591 on: November 27, 2020, 01:22:52 am »

I wouldn't say you went too far, I just thought it was a bit rich that you entered the conversation that way and then a few posts later made out that I was the only one being insulting, haha. I have also been known to throw in a "they" here and there to soften the blow when I'm ticked off but not wanting to be too pointed and specific. Can relate. 😅       

Anyway, I don't have any particular WTFs right now and I feel like we've both said our piece. I, for one, move to stop clogging up the poor old WTF thread with this nonsense.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154592 on: November 27, 2020, 01:30:49 am »

I have also been known to throw in a "they" here and there to soften the blow when I'm ticked off but not wanting to be too pointed and specific. Can relate. 😅           
This checks out.  I am often partially to blame.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154593 on: November 27, 2020, 11:31:10 am »

Well, you are a running and talking cactus after all.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #154594 on: November 27, 2020, 11:48:11 am »

I have also been known to throw in a "they" here and there to soften the blow when I'm ticked off but not wanting to be too pointed and specific. Can relate. 😅           
This checks out.  I am often partially to blame.

"They" is your pronoun not your name Rolan, get it together

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154595 on: November 27, 2020, 12:23:48 pm »

Good WTF I guess, but still a bit weird.

I have teeth far more resistant to acid than they have any right to be. I barely brushed as a kid/teen (Anyone here that does what I did, brush the goddamn things. You might not smell your own breath, but I guarantee other people do), and I've only needed a handful of fillings. After not going to a dentist for 7/8 years, I've only needed two more. On top of that, while we were waiting for the anaesthetic to kick in properly he removed the calculus around my teeth and there was barely anything. I can hardly see any difference, the biggest one is that I can now suck air through the gaps between my teeth.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154596 on: November 27, 2020, 12:34:35 pm »

Math isn't all that bad for teeth
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154597 on: November 27, 2020, 01:40:42 pm »

"They" is your pronoun not your name Rolan, get it together
Dangit I know we're just joking around but this actually brightened my day, compared to playing a role for my family

Also I like pop music sometimes, it's fun!  What's indefensible is that I have a particular fondness for Nightcore :P  I offer no excuses.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154598 on: November 27, 2020, 01:42:36 pm »

What's indefensible is that I have a particular fondness for Nightcore :P  I offer no excuses.

Can't be worse than me liking eurobeat and vaporwave music unironically.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #154599 on: November 27, 2020, 01:51:18 pm »

Also I like pop music sometimes, it's fun!  What's indefensible is that I have a particular fondness for Nightcore :P  I offer no excuses.

I'm pretty sure my musical taste can offend anyone.

I listen to k-pop! And japanese metal, and anime covers, and music from vidja. I also listen to country! And sometimes a bit of rap, also dubstep.

But then I've also been known to enjoy opera and other classical. And jazz. The boring stuff, you know?

But I also listen to a lot of metal. The screamy noisy stuff. And the cringey shampoo commercial stuff. And the pretentious stuff that's hard to listen to.

And also stuff that mashes all of those together. But I'm pretty sure I could make anyone say I have trash taste!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154600 on: November 27, 2020, 02:23:35 pm »

That's all fair. There's not really much music which I dislike.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154601 on: November 27, 2020, 02:33:30 pm »

That's all fair. There's not really much music which I dislike.

What about bad music?
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #154602 on: November 27, 2020, 02:41:22 pm »

I think that's called having broad interests, enjoying music thoroughly and not limiting yourself by silly things like genre or what's cool right now.

I'm kind of similar, there's something from pretty much any genre (or even mix of genres) that I find enjoyable, even if it's a single song.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154603 on: November 27, 2020, 02:42:00 pm »

copper spear plus copper dagger a default loadout for everyone.

it gets overwriten, but not erased
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154604 on: November 28, 2020, 07:28:13 am »

So, I quit the work-but-not-real-pay work about two weeks ago. I get an email today asking for my whole info for... wait for it.... open my payroll bank account! HAHAHAHHAHAHA

This would be hilarious if not for the fact that they have been paying me all year in my personal bank account and the fact I don't work with them anymore.

I can't believe a company like that can be so clueless and in such disarray they don't realize this mistake. I'm answering that I don't work with them anymore but before that I will try to call the national general manager and tell him what is going on, I think they should know better and correct this kind of issues.

On other news, I'm going to therapy and is working. Each week I have feel like improving despite everything.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 10305 10306 [10307] 10308 10309 ... 11037