Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10304 10305 [10306] 10307 10308 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545156 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154575 on: November 26, 2020, 08:21:07 am »

just let it ride.

all people experience ebbs and flows in their sexual state.  Ive gone for a few years without really feeling 'lust' before.  rn  Im on this crazy binge where I dont want sex, I just want emotional connection.

There's nothing wrong wiith taking a few weeks off from the constant barrage of hormones.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154576 on: November 26, 2020, 08:46:11 am »

Is there any particular reason you’ve been thinking about/monitoring this?

If anything spiked up rapidly and then dropped to near-undetectable levels just as rapidly, wouldn't you try to figure out what the hell happened? It's like if I heard a loud pop coming from a computer, then the screen turned off. It's mostly just instinct. I'm used to feeling some degree of libido. It's not exactly an overwhelming urge, but it's definitely detectable. Certainly nothing this weak.

That, and I've sorta been joking in my head that my libido is "vestigial". It doesn't interface with the rest of the brain using the modern protocols, so there's just layer after layer of translation things to get its signals to work with the rest of the brain. I'm doing this because I know that if I don't acknowledge it properly, it will fuck things up somewhere else. Granted, that's my position with regards to my entire sexuality, but the libido is especially so. I would love to just say "fuck this" and just remove the translation stuff.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154577 on: November 26, 2020, 09:53:03 am »

Libido depends on mood. People are happy/horny or sad/horny or all the time horny.... you migth be simply sad and have your mind in another issues. Its normal.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #154578 on: November 26, 2020, 10:18:15 am »

Libido goes up, libido goes down, you can't explain that.

There are a lot of factors that mess with it, including stress, fatigue, how long it's been, how much puberty you're still in... It's one of those very wobbly things.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154579 on: November 26, 2020, 10:24:15 am »

Libido goes up, libido goes down, you can't explain that.

There are a lot of factors that mess with it, including stress, fatigue, how long it's been, how much puberty you're still in... It's one of those very wobbly things.

Ideally, you don't want it to be wobbly. :P

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154580 on: November 26, 2020, 11:52:21 am »

That's it! Give Josh the 10.000 dolars! Hahaha
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154581 on: November 26, 2020, 12:04:08 pm »

LMAO okay, I bet you use the word muso-- oh wait, holy shit, you actually did-- and play in a pub rock/touhou covers band or some shit.   
So, it's clear that you have no clue what I mean by scene,

I totally know what you mean by "scene", come on stop with the stupid touhou/japanese stuff, that's nothing to do with who I am or what I do. Hardcore punk and oi/street punk is my background. You can switch to mocking me for that for being a lame oldschooler who isn't getting with the times if you want.

If you're going to mock the abbreviation "muso" then you should equally be ashamed to use the word "scene". Actually, it's not comparable. "muso" is just common parlance in Australian slang, about 90% of the country would use that. So, I used a normal-person word so I'm clearly "not in the scene" - and I'm supposed to interpret that any way except as hipster bullshit?

The idea of "scenes" is incredibly old fashioned, and the idea of singular scenes is very reductionist, which seems to by why you keep trying to label me as being one thing. I'm involved in dozens of overlapping interests multiple music fandoms including punk, psychobilly, ska, hardcore etc.

"scenes" are also bullshit and riddled with elitism, our scene is better than their scene. That's why I used the dismissing "pop music". It's not literal, it was a barb aimed at taking down the "scene" elitists, by labeling the stuff they like the most with the label they like the least. Of course I didn't literally mean "pop music" it was sarcasm, in response to YOU saying that those wizards/dragons type metal bands are ultimately silly so they shouldn't get involved in politics. I labelled them "pop" mainly because you yourself were dismissing them as having any meaning to their music, after saying that music was this hallowed thing where politics shouldn't enter into it. Saying that "I" call them "pop music" because I don't know the genres of music is being deliberately obtuse.

There's a prevalent and toxic attitude, which you'll find in punk, metal, and many other fandoms, that our "scene" makes us actually superior people to the other "scenes" such as those pop music people. Getting over that attitude is an important metric of personal growth. Using the term "pop music" was to make the point that ultimately, many people think they're superior due to the music they listen to (or whatever hobby/scene they happen to be part of) but ultimately that superiority is illusory: tell me which music scene isn't already co-opted by consumerism? The whole thing where you basically got irritated that I used the term "pop music" makes this point - you clearly see that as inferior music, and your scene's people are superior to those who like that lesser music. Being upset that it's referred to as pop/popular music is hipsterism basically: not many people actually like XYZ type of music so the people who do, well they're clearly above the common herd who like "pop". Despite the fact that much of metal for example is top-selling popular music often bought by brick-stupid teenagers, over the decades (see Slipknot), and that something might be unpopular due to actually sucking and the few people who like it just have terrible taste: after all the stuff that most Slipknot fans would dismiss as "crap" is supposedly the good stuff.

As for the thing about band being on the internet, and "how is a fan meant to reconcile ...". Well, they're not. In the old days, it would be in interviews, comments at a concert, stuff printed in NME or other music magazines. Now, it's online. Unless they're literally playing character in a charade, who someone is is actually exposed. So, people have a problem separating what is basically the fiction of the band - the songs, lyrics, stage performance etc, from who those people actually are. Well, ultimately it is in fact a fiction. They can't be both the "real deal" and living a fiction at the same time. It's like being upset that Viggo Mortensen isn't Aragorn all the time, or something like that. You can "reconcile" the two things by realizing that you were looking at a fictional representation the whole time. If it cannot be reconciled, then it wasn't the real deal to begin with, so we shouldn't give a shit that fans can't reconcile that, any more than we commiserate with LOTR fans upset that hobbits aren't real. People like GG Allin, the "gypsy motherfucker" was the real deal - an asshole all the time. But it's literally crazy to expect some dragons-and-fairies band to be actually that in real life, 24 hours a day. If someone "can't reconcile" that, they're just some kind of idiot who shouldn't be coddled in the first place. People like the idea that the bands they like are "authentic" but then when any actual reality seeps in at the edges they get upset about it. So, we're talking stuff on the level of Harry Potter fans getting upset that JK Rowling said something on Twitter, really.

I'm guessing the discord is actually that they want the band members online presence to be 100% concordant with what's on the album. But like I said, albums are a type of fiction, but people who make them are real, so the real problem is that people want the real world to match the fiction, they can't separate a stage show from the real people who are in the show. And the fans in the "scene" are largely living a fiction too. There are only a minority who maintain being punk, metal or goth 24 hours a day as a "lifestyle". But, these people aren't the ones who tend to keep everything going in the "scene" they're just delusional about it - they're the most caked on and unimaginative gatekeepers of what someone in that scene is "supposed" to be like. They represent stagnation and how the "scene" thing is built around phony personas. Like, if you like things that aren't metal you can't exactly mix those into your "metal look" can you? It's not an integrated persona, literally everyone is hiding stuff they like that doesn't fit the image, and if they're not, they must be incredibly boring people - like someone who play-acts as being James Hetfield 24 hours a day, but basically makes nothing of any value to anyone.

And even if they're not like that, trust me, a whole lifestyle built around which bands you're into, and you've got all the merch and shit, is kinda crap, and hardly the result of knowing wisdom. Those people kind of suck, just in a different way to the part-timers who are into the music and dress up for concerts. Someone who dresses up to go out, but they're not "100% punk" (or metal or whatever) 24 hours a day ... well, they're actually fucking heaps more fun to actually hang out with, but the "scene" elitists wouldn't have a bar of them.

... and thanks, you're acting like a complete shitheel, and proud of it, clearly the best spokesperson for the scenes you're part of.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:28:15 pm by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154582 on: November 26, 2020, 09:11:52 pm »

I'll admit that the "touhou covers band" thing was a bit of a cheap shot, but it looks like the reality is actually kinda worse. So, a punk/hardcore musician who feels that music is meaningless, fictional entertainment and that the beliefs of those who make it don't matter? I'm sure that stance goes down real well with your peers, haha...   
Maybe this has something to do with why the word "scene" seems to hit such a nerve with you? Did you get beaten up and/or mocked for listening to, I don't know, the Casualties, or [INSERT PUNK BAND WITH MEMBER(S) WHO SAYS OR DOES UNPLEASANT THINGS] or something?   

For the record, I don't know any of the "scene elitists" about whom you felt inspired to hammer out almost half a dozen paragraphs. It's far more common to encounter keyboard warriors getting mad online about bizarre gatekeeping that does not exist. 🤭   
I'm sorry if someone picked on you for not wearing the right punk shirt or not having large enough holes in your skinny jeans, but it seems like that's the least of your problems.   

...Also, defending the word "muso" seems like a weird hill to die on, but suit yourself. It's the worst kind of bogan slang, used unironically only by the bogans themselves, folks who either have nothing to do with music or are cripplingly out-of-touch, and (of course) the media. It's certainly not a "normal-person word" from where I'm sitting. Comparing it to the word "scene" is a bit ludicrous. If there was a more literal word for what it describes in this context, that would be sweet, but there isn't - not in English, anyway. I'm sure there's some perfectly suited compound word I could never hope to pronounce in Dutch, German or whatever, but alas.   

I'm not going to rehash what I already said about bands and platforms etcetera, since you seem to have deliberately avoided my point in order to argue about something else entirely. Basically, just to summarise: I'm not (and was never) talking about the inner thoughts of a band's individual members not aligning with their lyrical themes, the whole point that started this weird argument was formerly apolitical bands suddenly and deliberately using their platform for political issues.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154583 on: November 26, 2020, 09:19:25 pm »

Woah, bros, calm down a little. You're arguing about intricacies of language now.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154584 on: November 26, 2020, 09:35:56 pm »

I read the first line of Yoink's response, that was enough, he's just being a nasty little shit and I really shouldn't feed the trolls.

And 'muso' isn't a hill to die on. You attacked me over nothing, made up bullshit, and now it's somehow my thing and you're carrying on about it, because i said exactly 1 sentence in response.

The guy's posts consist of nothing but cheap shots and no actual content.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:50:24 pm by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154585 on: November 26, 2020, 10:18:25 pm »

Woah, bros, calm down a little. You're arguing about intricacies of language now.
Actually, I'd go even further and say we're arguing purely for the sake of arguing at this point. Reelya has a tendency to do that, unfortunately I often find myself being dragged into it as well. It's hardly WTF-worthy at this point, considering it's pretty much the only kind of interaction I've seen him having on the forum in a long time.   

To try and bring things back to actual WTFery, apparently live music is slowly starting up again. There is even a gig in the city nearest to me with at least one band I like, and it's just a week away! After all this time, it's a WTF both that it's taken so long to happen and that it's happening already. You know what I mean? Feels weird, man.   
Not sure if I will head to it or not, since I have probably forgotten how to interact with other humans (outside my immediate family, at least) in a social setting by now.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154586 on: November 26, 2020, 10:25:05 pm »

It's not even an argument, all you do is lay down a wall of abuse based on whatever you think you know about the other person, meanwhile not really putting anything of yourself out there. It's a common tactic.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 10:45:27 pm by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154587 on: November 26, 2020, 11:55:12 pm »

Are you for real? *sigh* I am really sick of dealing with you, but I suppose for the benefit of anyone at risk of falling for your shit I should point out that: you were the one who started with the personal attacks right off the bat, there was no provocation, you were responding to a post that was not directed at you, and finally you ignored my attempt to de-escalate after your initial post attacking me.   

I don't know what your problem with me is, and frankly I don't care (it's just what it says on the tin: your problem). But what am I supposed to do, just sit there and take it when you decide to spew hostilities just about every time I post on the site? Believe it or not, I do not enjoy arguing on the internet. At the same time, I do try and stand up for myself. Don't try to call me out for your own behaviour. ::)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154588 on: November 27, 2020, 12:00:40 am »

What are you even talking about? I disagreed with what you were saying, I didn't jump in and start insulting you as a person.

Maybe you felt that way but that wasn't intended. But if you have rubbed me the wrong way, it would be that you seem to persistently by pushing some sort of weird right wing kind of vibe. Give Alan Jones a chance, Jacinda Ardern sucks, that kind of thing. So, nail Jacinda Ardern to a tree, but when Alan Jones was mentioned and it's mentioned he's a hard-right shock jock, you're all about giving him a chance since you don't personally know his stuff.

Then you're pushing back against bands mentioning politics in music but it only seems to be when some left wing band gets mentioned.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 12:18:34 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154589 on: November 27, 2020, 12:30:56 am »

What are you even talking about? I disagreed with what you were saying, I didn't jump in and start insulting you as a person.

Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 10304 10305 [10306] 10307 10308 ... 11037