Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10256 10257 [10258] 10259 10260 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520767 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153855 on: October 03, 2020, 06:35:58 pm »

31: Bees
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #153856 on: October 03, 2020, 06:41:34 pm »

32 The plant faked its own death. The apparent suicide would stop any investigation into how or more importantly...why.

21 You are now exuding a chemical that makes plants suicide. Is the happening... but backwards... so you are the gnineppah... expect confused Mark Wahlberg memes

Greblhaw Kram sounds like a Warhammer name.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153857 on: October 03, 2020, 06:54:14 pm »

Kram is Swedish for hug
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #153858 on: October 03, 2020, 07:01:26 pm »

"Kram it up your kram hole" isn't that bad, then.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #153859 on: October 03, 2020, 08:52:24 pm »

A hug hole sounds like a euphemism for the kind of place Buffalo Bill made his woman suit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #153860 on: October 03, 2020, 10:30:40 pm »

I'm now a passable driver, but my parking skills just suck. I always end up with the car too far left or too far right. On a good day, the car's still within the lines. Is there a secret technique to parking that can make me less of a terrible parker? I'm baffled at how bad I am at parking, and how I'm not improving over time.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153861 on: October 03, 2020, 10:42:47 pm »

I'm now a passable driver, but my parking skills just suck. I always end up with the car too far left or too far right. On a good day, the car's still within the lines. Is there a secret technique to parking that can make me less of a terrible parker? I'm baffled at how bad I am at parking, and how I'm not improving over time.

I doubt anybody judges you for pulling back out to fix your lopsided parking.

It takes time and getting used to the car you're driving.  Except for parallel parking, screw that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153862 on: October 03, 2020, 10:54:34 pm »

I find leaning forward a bit so you can see the line longer helpful, while also considering the car an extension of whichever foot is closer to the outside of the car. Keep an eye on the line and try to put it just to the left of your foot (assuming a left-hand drive car) to be close to the middle.

Either that or always reverse into a spot with a backup cam heh.

But yeah, as long as the car is mostly within the lines, you’ll be golden. Other people parking next to you will likely adjust slightly if you’ve parked too much to one side. As long as you have enough space to open the door wide enough to get out, you’ve parked your car well.

I have seen cars parked comfortably in two spaces, so as long as you’re not that guy, you’re alright.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #153863 on: October 04, 2020, 02:49:54 am »

I've hit a few curbs and even a big metal pole (at a Zips drive-in, I forgot how long my jeeps front end was) in my time. As long as you don't hit other vehicles or cause property damage, you're doing good. Adjusting your parking when you know you need to is a good thing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153864 on: October 04, 2020, 05:42:30 am »

I've driven for about 10 years and I still have problem parking "swiftly" (don't even bring up parallel parking, I've avoided it like the plague and probably couldn't do it again today if I tried). These days I try to do the old "drive past the spot, then back up to align myself with the spot before driving into it" thing whenever I can instead of just trying to turn directly into the parking space.

It depends on what kind of car you're driving too. Some cars just give you a better feeling for where the ends of your car actually are than others.

But yeah nobody'll hold it against you for checking or doing another out and in for the sake of spacing yourself better. It's always preferable to people who park in two spaces or too close to another car.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153865 on: October 04, 2020, 07:03:28 am »

Luckily I dont live in a city, because I hate parallel parking.  Which is slightly funny, because I drive a car without a rear camera, and I love backing into my space when possible.  That said, however, I bet if you did have to do it daily youd get pretty good at it . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153866 on: October 04, 2020, 07:46:54 am »

When you finish parking get out of the car, see how you did and if you need to correct anything jump back in and do it.

Its easier if you do it backwards all the time (at least for me) also it becomes easier to get out when you leave.

Just practice and if you feel you didnt do a proper parking dont be ashamed of correcting it rigth away, that is being a nice person and a good citizen.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153867 on: October 04, 2020, 05:29:58 pm »

Today I learned there is a recent (that is, started in 2016) cartoon series called Mike Tyson Mysteries.

:o
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153868 on: October 04, 2020, 05:34:30 pm »

Today I learned there is a recent (that is, started in 2016) cartoon series called Mike Tyson Mysteries.

:o

Mike Tyson is the voice of Mike Tyson.

From the few episodes I’ve seen, it’s not that bad.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153869 on: October 04, 2020, 06:34:09 pm »

It's pretty funny.
Pages: 1 ... 10256 10257 [10258] 10259 10260 ... 11037