Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10232 10233 [10234] 10235 10236 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14525304 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153495 on: September 06, 2020, 01:40:34 pm »

Meh.  I prefer them somewhat reserved.

Ask them to a date.  Like some kind of broad daylight activity.  Maybe blading or running or rock climbing or building something you feel confident you can do alone but want 'help' with.

"Hey babe, wanna come change my transmission fluid with me?  Ive got a got a hose if you have a drip pan. ;) "
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153496 on: September 06, 2020, 01:51:13 pm »

Ask them to a date.  Like some kind of broad daylight activity.  Maybe blading or running or rock climbing or building something you feel confident you can do alone but want 'help' with.

"Hey babe, wanna come change my transmission fluid with me?  Ive got a got a hose if you have a drip pan. ;) "
“I’ve never done that before, as I don’t have a car, or a driver’s license, but hopefully you’ll teach me what to do so I don’t break something and so in the future I can do that more effectively”

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #153497 on: September 06, 2020, 01:59:32 pm »

That's the thing tho, we already went out once and it was pretty good, but then she had to go out of town and the whole multiple cases of the plague at work kinda put a stop to a second date happening for a few weeks at least and I've been trying to have some semblance of a conversation in the meantime, to little success apparently :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #153498 on: September 06, 2020, 02:57:46 pm »

Pulled in for second "yearly" review in four months. Both of which were to fail me. Many, many people have told me they've never had a "yearly" review.

This one:
My organisation is poor in the warehouse. Their evidence: One day in which there were two deliveries and I had everything organised non-conventionally so I wouldn't have to leave product outside.

I do not talk to managers or do well with team work. Their evidence: I didn't ask a manager to advise me on aforementioned day. This, of course, ignores the fact that I didn't ask a manager because there was only one thing to do which is what I did.

As for the team work thing, they presented zero evidence. Probably because there is none. I get on with everyone. In the morning, I help the produce department get their delivery in - despite it being a different department. I help the small, old cleaning lady get her rubbish to the bins. I check in breads and bring them out on to the shop floor. I tell BWS when there's a cage waiting for them. I help other staff members with anything which isn't them being lazy. Like, every Sunday I help a fella tidy up his aisle because the managers always give him most of the work. I talk to everyone and, in the previous "yearly" review, I was complimented on being incredibly well-liked by the other staff members.

The "What are your comments concerning this assessment?" space on my form was concise and biting. The manager actually paled. This is the problem with doing whatever they ask meekly on the shop floor. They expect, just because I know that my job is to do whatever nonsense they tell me, that I'll lie down for this kind of crap. I will not. I argued every step of the way, and the manager became increasingly disturbed looking.

Didn't stop him from telling me I could lose my job, while insisting I should "Take pride in my workplace." Mate, with little vipers like you in charge, that's not happening.

I suspect internal politics - the store manager just came back from maternity leave the previous day - or a grudge carried over from my younger brother, who they literally hounded out of the shop.

The WTFery continues. Called in again to "discuss agreed objectives." A rehash of what I'd done wrong. I raised the same objections. He made three points - Communication, Organisation, Pacing. I agreed to improve pacing. I refused to agree to his critiques of my communication or organisation, he said "I am telling you facts you are giving me opinions." Then he said "if you don't agree this will lead to your dismissal." I still refused, saying that even the threat of dismissal wouldn't make me agree with something I don't agree with."

The form is called "Agreed Action" or something. He fumed for a bit, then went to do his shopping before the shop closed, then came back. He filled in that I DIDN'T agree, then continued with the form, pretending dismissal hadn't been mentioned.

Obviously trying to bully me into leaving a paper trail where I admit my supposed wrong-doing.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #153499 on: September 06, 2020, 03:57:34 pm »

Pulled in for second "yearly" review in four months. Both of which were to fail me. Many, many people have told me they've never had a "yearly" review.

This one:
My organisation is poor in the warehouse. Their evidence: One day in which there were two deliveries and I had everything organised non-conventionally so I wouldn't have to leave product outside.

I do not talk to managers or do well with team work. Their evidence: I didn't ask a manager to advise me on aforementioned day. This, of course, ignores the fact that I didn't ask a manager because there was only one thing to do which is what I did.

As for the team work thing, they presented zero evidence. Probably because there is none. I get on with everyone. In the morning, I help the produce department get their delivery in - despite it being a different department. I help the small, old cleaning lady get her rubbish to the bins. I check in breads and bring them out on to the shop floor. I tell BWS when there's a cage waiting for them. I help other staff members with anything which isn't them being lazy. Like, every Sunday I help a fella tidy up his aisle because the managers always give him most of the work. I talk to everyone and, in the previous "yearly" review, I was complimented on being incredibly well-liked by the other staff members.

The "What are your comments concerning this assessment?" space on my form was concise and biting. The manager actually paled. This is the problem with doing whatever they ask meekly on the shop floor. They expect, just because I know that my job is to do whatever nonsense they tell me, that I'll lie down for this kind of crap. I will not. I argued every step of the way, and the manager became increasingly disturbed looking.

Didn't stop him from telling me I could lose my job, while insisting I should "Take pride in my workplace." Mate, with little vipers like you in charge, that's not happening.

I suspect internal politics - the store manager just came back from maternity leave the previous day - or a grudge carried over from my younger brother, who they literally hounded out of the shop.

The WTFery continues. Called in again to "discuss agreed objectives." A rehash of what I'd done wrong. I raised the same objections. He made three points - Communication, Organisation, Pacing. I agreed to improve pacing. I refused to agree to his critiques of my communication or organisation, he said "I am telling you facts you are giving me opinions." Then he said "if you don't agree this will lead to your dismissal." I still refused, saying that even the threat of dismissal wouldn't make me agree with something I don't agree with."

The form is called "Agreed Action" or something. He fumed for a bit, then went to do his shopping before the shop closed, then came back. He filled in that I DIDN'T agree, then continued with the form, pretending dismissal hadn't been mentioned.

Obviously trying to bully me into leaving a paper trail where I admit my supposed wrong-doing.
Yes. Gaslighting is frequent. Another thing that the goodfellas claimed in my case was that I'd never asked for workplace feedback. At that point I lashed back by quoting the specific times I had indeed done so and they'd told me that everything was perfect. I've been there. The system is utterly hypocritical but really likes to pretend fair play (in the sense that everyone acts aghast if you insinuate the emperor is naked).

« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 04:09:10 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153500 on: September 06, 2020, 04:18:15 pm »

Yes, I get that impression. He said at one point "I'm trying to help you AND the company." Uhuh.

One point I found interesting. In one of his 'I'm being friendly' asides, he mentioned that the returning store manager is very strict and expects a lot from her lower-downs.

Increasingly wondering if my case was meant to be a trophy brought triumphantly back to master.

The real battle here is what is written down in the paper work. He was willing to say whatever just so he could get the paper how he wanted. Something to keep in mind.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #153501 on: September 06, 2020, 05:05:34 pm »

The real battle here is what is written down in the paper work. He was willing to say whatever just so he could get the paper how he wanted. Something to keep in mind
Yes itt's always like that. That interview last year which resulted in me giving notice a couple of weeks afterwards?  I had gone to the interview fully expecting them to favor the other candidate (by virtue of being the home team). I was expecting empty platitudes and some technicality to justify it. I could live with that. What I was not expecting was the degree to which I was expected to play a role in the theatre.

And what I was expecting even less was how I was left no honorable way out: my very own colleagues and coworkers had set it up so that the verdict was as hard and humiliating as they could.

I think the penny dropped when the chair of the interview suddenly asked what would my colleagues say about me if they were present in the interview and were asked. This was puzzling because my "colleagues" were, in fact part of the tribunal. Then she cut me off saying that it was clear I had never asked for their feedback. And everything started to make sense: there was a script and I was going to be railroaded into the script.

My... lets say my line manager (though its a bit more complex than that) actually parroted that to me, as well as a few more insulting things that were clearly part of the backdoor process. To me it was clear that it was not enough to them to just claim the other candidate had done a better interview: they were going to go for full character assasination and were setting me

What's even weirder: their expectation afterwards was that not only I'd not be angry but that I'd cover even more of their shit, hopefully bothering them as little as possible (because let me be clear all that crap about my supposed feedback was just that. They were happy enough to offload and forget about their various tasks for  a WHOLE YEAR, including... a lot of things really. By and large  I was running a lot of their shit with noinput from them. Actually bounced clarifications to me directly). Actually hinted literally that: that I would be covering even more of their work and that I'd have to book an appointment from then on if I required any feedback because otherwise I'd be pulling them away from their "duties".
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153502 on: September 06, 2020, 06:22:32 pm »

Last nigth I dreamt something mildly pleasant. It was something like a lottery were only one million people could play. It required you to pay 10 bucks to subscribe and then you were required to pay 1 dolar every day.

Every day a person from the million got to become millionare, but each person that won had the compromise to pay 10 bucks everyday to the pool afterwards until everyone on the pool had "won", and also use the million dollars on something productive so if possible add more money to the pool to end it up faster. You could not win twice.
Dude, that is a lot like a bit from a book I read recently, except it was the population of Australia participating.   
I can't say which book for fear of giving spoilers, but still. That's pretty wild.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153503 on: September 06, 2020, 07:47:55 pm »

woes
more woes
I choose to believe that you're both brilliant egotistic psychopaths (possibly with leg problems) whose fun, but unprofessional, high jinks at work, constantly riding the line between barely acceptable and fireable, have frustrated your honest and good-natured employers to the point where they attempted an intervention in the only way they could come up with - by initiating a review process. Which then backfired due to your calculating and manipulative souls twisting everything they said into personal insults and professional slander thus shielding you from criticism while sending them into depths of despair and self-loathing.
After all, we've only seen your side of things, and of course you would paint yourselves in golden filigree. Whereas the view that the employers were actually the good guys sounds very plausible! Why, I've just read on the internet* that it sounds very plausible and that's a confirmation right there.

*in this post I've just written

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153504 on: September 06, 2020, 09:47:23 pm »

Maybe I do some sleepwalking ghostwriting job?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153505 on: September 06, 2020, 11:13:28 pm »

I went to save an image and the default directory was in my Win32 folder. Uhhhhh...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153506 on: September 06, 2020, 11:44:18 pm »

What are pictures doing in win32?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #153507 on: September 07, 2020, 12:47:19 am »

I have to math this out.
[...]
So assuming everyone lived long enough to see the end of it, it would be better to win last than to win first. And the holder would obviously make the most of it.

That doesn't account for inflation, though. $1 million is likely worth more on day 1 than on the last day, and the $10 gets cheaper. On the flip side, the losers are paying $1 per day out of their own pockets at a time when $1 is most valuable. The last "winner" gets $1 million of 48th century money, assuming it can even be exchanged for goods and services at that point!

The winners can also invest their money in "something productive", though Baal made it sound like any profit goes to the pool (and somehow ends it faster?)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:08:06 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153508 on: September 07, 2020, 03:09:34 am »

I have to math this out.
[...]
So assuming everyone lived long enough to see the end of it, it would be better to win last than to win first. And the holder would obviously make the most of it.

That doesn't account for inflation, though. $1 million is likely worth more on day 1 than on the last day, and the $10 gets cheaper. On the flip side, the losers are paying $1 per day out of their own pockets at a time when $1 is most valuable. The last "winner" gets $1 million of 48th century money, assuming it can even be exchanged for goods and services at that point!

The winners can also invest their money in "something productive", though Baal made it sound like any profit goes to the pool (and somehow ends it faster?)
True, inflation would probably mess this up. As would the fact that USD would likely not be valid currency long before the 2737 years were up.
But this was with the unreal assumption that everyone was going to be immortal and honored their obligations anyway.

In reality, it would end much sooner. Some winners would use the money up and go bankrupt, some would die and their heirs would find ways to get out of paying, some would disappear, etc.
There would likely never be more than ~50 years worth of winners an any one time (adding about 183000$ daily), while the player pool would be shrinking. After ~500 years of such, the holder at the time would start losing money and find a way to end it.

With ending it faster, I assumed they would be repaying their own debt. So a day 1 winner would owe 9 999 990$ and could repay it faster if they wanted to. Doing that would actually help the holder more than them, since there was be no interest.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153509 on: September 07, 2020, 03:16:20 am »

“I’ve never done that before, as I don’t have a car, or a driver’s license, but hopefully you’ll teach me what to do so I don’t break something and so in the future I can do that more effectively”
Wait, I missed this.
Looks like pisskop got a date!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10232 10233 [10234] 10235 10236 ... 11037