Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10231 10232 [10233] 10234 10235 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14525338 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153480 on: September 05, 2020, 10:10:46 am »

Sorry Kagus.

She certainly doesn't know what the "cel" bit of the word means.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #153481 on: September 05, 2020, 10:28:47 am »

Sorry Kagus.

She certainly doesn't know what the "cel" bit of the word means.

It's a kind of phone, right? With the mitochondria?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153482 on: September 05, 2020, 10:53:33 am »

Nah, is a made up thing for that playstation game.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153483 on: September 05, 2020, 08:24:02 pm »

Yeah, there's a long story attached (one that involves a lot of sexually related themes and as such is likely inappropriate for the public boards), but it was definitely not said in a playful manner  :P

"Simp" would make a lot more sense, but sense is not something the person in question is making a lot of right now and I feel like the production facilities may be undergoing some persistent malfunctions.

In any case, I am distancing myself way the fuck away from this narcissistic chaos bomb and just quietly enjoying the fireworks as she tries to simultaneously redeem herself and dig herself deeper into the hole  :P

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153484 on: September 05, 2020, 08:39:13 pm »

Simpler explanation is she doesn't know what she said. Like the tale/joke of the mom replying LOL ("lots of love") to someone who had just lost a relative.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #153485 on: September 05, 2020, 09:46:53 pm »

Nah, is a made up thing for that playstation game.

I appreciated this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153486 on: September 05, 2020, 09:52:07 pm »

Yeah, that game's concept was amazing.  Rise up, mitochondria!  You are the means of production, which somehow means telekinesis and pyrokinesis powers once you throw off your chains nuclei.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153487 on: September 06, 2020, 05:09:26 am »

Simpler explanation is she doesn't know what she said. Like the tale/joke of the mom replying LOL ("lots of love") to someone who had just lost a relative.

That is possible. However, it may have been spoken to Kagus, rather than written. And if spoken, it is also possible that her tone of voice caried intent. Whether hostile or not, I do not know.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153488 on: September 06, 2020, 07:58:22 am »

Again, there's more story to this. But generally one doesn't say "Are you trying to act surprised now? You're like the legit definition of incel. God damn I'd slap you if I saw you right now" without meaning at least something negative.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153489 on: September 06, 2020, 09:33:40 am »

Last nigth I dreamt something mildly pleasant. It was something like a lottery were only one million people could play. It required you to pay 10 bucks to subscribe and then you were required to pay 1 dolar every day.

Every day a person from the million got to become millionare, but each person that won had the compromise to pay 10 bucks everyday to the pool afterwards until everyone on the pool had "won", and also use the million dollars on something productive so if possible add more money to the pool to end it up faster. You could not win twice.

A dog sized possum then tells me that in 30 years every participant becomes millionarie, which tells me possums sucks at maths.

I won a few weeks into the thing to avoid suspicion (Oh I was running the thing) and found myself on a Mexican airport with my mother and her husband but without pete and my wife. Also I didnt have a passport or papers so I missed my fligth which my mother and co did take.

This was pleasant for a change. I like that recently I find myself having less horrible dreams, however my antology horror stuff suffer from this.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:36:11 am by LordBaal »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153491 on: September 06, 2020, 10:51:42 am »

I have to math this out.

1 000 000 players = 1 000 000 days = 2737.85 years. (The possum was 2 orders of magnitude off.)
The lottery holder gets 10 000 000$ up front and 9*days_elapsed daily. (They get an extra milion, but they pay it to the days winner)
Everybody else loses 10$ up front, and loses 1$ daily. If they win, they gain 1 000 000, but from then on, they pay 10$ daily.

Assuming everyone was immortal:
Holder:
10 000 000$ + 9$*1 000 001*500 000=45 000 014 500 000$
                        (sum of linear function 1...1 000 000, increment 1)
First winner:
-10$ -1$ +1 000 000$ -10$*999 999= -9 000 001

Last winner:
-10$ -1 000 000$ + 1 000 000$ = -10$

So assuming everyone lived long enough to see the end of it, it would be better to win last than to win first. And the holder would obviously make the most of it.

Now let's assume that people were not immortal.
This would make it significantly better for the players and worse for the holder. (assuming playing the lottery would not be inherited)
Those that would die before winning would only lose at most (100 years of play) 36534$ (365.25*100+10-1). (or 36535$ if the start century's last year was divisible by 400)
The winners would actually not live long enough to pay back their winnings and would gain on it.

For the holder, it would depend on how lucky they were with the deaths. They would want the winners to live as long as possible, so that they pay back as much as possible. But still, at some point their total profit would start decreasing as they would have to hand out a million daily but the payout from players would not be large enough to cover it.

My instinct tells me that the holder would still make a lot of money. And logic tells me that chance to win this lottery would be rather low, though it would be greater for younger people as they would live longer and the pool of potentional winners would be shrinking.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153492 on: September 06, 2020, 11:00:51 am »

Oh never mind I re read again.

Edit: Applying real life logic once a person dies or bail out the spot should be handed to someone else. After winning perhaps a part of the winners money should be withheld automatically, say 10 years of payments, or 36.500 which is only 3,65% of the prize. If we follow the possum logic and take 30 years to be sure then it would be 109.500 dollars or 10,95%, a lot but still leaves the winner with almost a million dollar.

The odds of winning would start at 1 in a million and increase as people win, but so slowly that it would need people being.... elves.. bah! The odds are still better than your regular lottery.

The millionares club shal be named! Hahahaha.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 11:12:28 am by LordBaal »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153493 on: September 06, 2020, 12:40:21 pm »

Sorry she's a chaos bomb, but here's to better luck with the next gal, eh?

*Facepalm of unfortunate decisions +1*

::) well, maybe the next one after that then

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #153494 on: September 06, 2020, 01:38:17 pm »

Hey, if vidyagames taught me anything it's that the only way to really lose is to stop trying.

Tho I can empathize seeing as my  current endeavor is not looking particularly great either. The worst part is that I can't really tell if she's not interested or just the kind of person that doesn't enjoy chatting trough message apps, or if I'm just being a terrible conversation partner, or if it's just fine and I'm simply  overthinking things. Or none and all of the above.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 10231 10232 [10233] 10234 10235 ... 11037