Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10228 10229 [10230] 10231 10232 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14525571 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153435 on: September 04, 2020, 02:33:32 am »

Holy wtf how unlucky can you be.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/how-a-single-mum-was-tricked-into-thinking-her-exboyfriend-was-still-abusing-her/news-story/ec25597db76baea2c30e863f524cf05d

This woman was cyber-stalked so badly she ended up in hospital.

The West Australian single mother, who cannot be named for legal reason, had changed her phone number eight times, had seven different phones, six email addresses, two laptops, two modems and four tablets but the abuse kept coming no matter what she did.

She started to think her ex-boyfriend and father of her child had hidden a listening device in her house.

The 37-year-old had been with the man for about two years and claimed during that time he was abusive mentally and physically.

When she finally broke up with him in November 2013, she said the abuse escalated.

She claimed he had put a GPS tracking device in her car after their break-up, so hiding a device in her house wouldn’t have been out of the question.

She took out two violence restraining orders against him in 2014 and 2016.

But the abuse kept coming and continued when she started dating a new man in 2016.

That man too received supposed messages the woman’s ex-boyfriend.

She said the cyber abuse, stalking and even hacking continued for three years, even after her ex-boyfriend moved away.

The woman said her email was hacked and messages were sent to her employer impersonating her.

But what she ultimately discovered was horrifying: the messages were all being sent from her current boyfriend who was impersonating her ex, making her believe she was still being abused by him.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153436 on: September 04, 2020, 02:37:24 am »

Holy fuck

That is some evil sociopathic shit

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #153437 on: September 04, 2020, 03:25:12 am »

I’m not sure what to say to that.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #153438 on: September 04, 2020, 06:15:03 am »

It's like something out of a horror movie when you escape the serial killer only to find a monster

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153439 on: September 04, 2020, 06:38:15 am »

What was the purpose of any of that?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #153440 on: September 04, 2020, 06:45:33 am »

The purpose, from the new boyfriend's perspective, was perhaps to scare her and make her more malleable/reliant on him.
Or he's messed up and that's just how he gets his kicks.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #153441 on: September 04, 2020, 06:52:32 am »

Well... That certainly fit the thread.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153442 on: September 04, 2020, 07:37:03 am »

Ohhh she either has real bad luck or a very specific taste on men.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153443 on: September 04, 2020, 08:07:09 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:38:51 am by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153444 on: September 04, 2020, 08:54:52 am »

I mean I work for COOP, not Lidl. I actually want people to buy things here

edit: also shit that newsstory wattefu indeed

It's like something out of a horror movie when you escape the serial killer only to find a monster

The call is coming from inside the house

The purpose, from the new boyfriend's perspective, was perhaps to scare her and make her more malleable/reliant on him.
Or he's messed up and that's just how he gets his kicks.

My immediate thought was a case of "fireman hero syndrome" esque thing
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 08:58:10 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153445 on: September 04, 2020, 09:05:02 am »

What? I can't keep up with reality.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/jessica-krug-george-washington-university-professor-reveals-she-pretended-to-be-black/news-story/bc015bef818d6e0f21fa16d86a6dab28

Jessica Krug: George Washington University professor reveals she pretended to be black

A professor of African-American history has revealed she pretended to be black her entire career in a shocking confessional blog post.

A white professor in the US has revealed she pretended to be black during her entire career and has branded herself a “culture leech” in a confessional blog post.
Ms Krug is the author of a book, Fugitive Modernities, which begins with a tribute to her “ancestors … whether in my barrio, in Angola, or in Brazil.”

She is publishing a second book, Fathers of No Nation about the “politics of authority” in the Carribbean and has written on hip hop, politics, and gender in both Angola and New York City, according to her university biography.

She has also reportedly taken financial support from the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, according to The Guardian.

The bizarre confession is reminiscent of the case of Rachel Dolezal who had changed her name to Nkechi Diallo and worked as the former leader of the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People (NAACP).

However she was later exposed as a white woman pretending to be black and was charged with welfare fraud, perjury and false verification for public assistance.

I just got out of bed before reading this and had to think for a bit to remember what other story it reminded me of:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/08/metoostem-founder-admits-to-creating-twitter-persona-who-died-of-covid-19/
BethAnn McLaughlin invented @Sciencing_Bi, a Hopi anthropologist who died of COVID-19.

People will always go where the social capital is. It's still better than the right by a mile, where the fakery is to pretend to be a God-loving racist when you're really a nihilistic fuck who despises everyone equally.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153446 on: September 04, 2020, 09:08:34 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:38:55 am by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153447 on: September 04, 2020, 09:09:42 am »

People are weird indeed. And that obsesion with race is really stupid.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153448 on: September 04, 2020, 09:35:54 am »

What? I can't keep up with reality.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/jessica-krug-george-washington-university-professor-reveals-she-pretended-to-be-black/news-story/bc015bef818d6e0f21fa16d86a6dab28

Jessica Krug: George Washington University professor reveals she pretended to be black

A professor of African-American history has revealed she pretended to be black her entire career in a shocking confessional blog post.

A white professor in the US has revealed she pretended to be black during her entire career and has branded herself a “culture leech” in a confessional blog post.
Ms Krug is the author of a book, Fugitive Modernities, which begins with a tribute to her “ancestors … whether in my barrio, in Angola, or in Brazil.”

She is publishing a second book, Fathers of No Nation about the “politics of authority” in the Carribbean and has written on hip hop, politics, and gender in both Angola and New York City, according to her university biography.

She has also reportedly taken financial support from the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, according to The Guardian.

The bizarre confession is reminiscent of the case of Rachel Dolezal who had changed her name to Nkechi Diallo and worked as the former leader of the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People (NAACP).

However she was later exposed as a white woman pretending to be black and was charged with welfare fraud, perjury and false verification for public assistance.

I just got out of bed before reading this and had to think for a bit to remember what other story it reminded me of:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/08/metoostem-founder-admits-to-creating-twitter-persona-who-died-of-covid-19/
BethAnn McLaughlin invented @Sciencing_Bi, a Hopi anthropologist who died of COVID-19.

People will always go where the social capital is. It's still better than the right by a mile, where the fakery is to pretend to be a God-loving racist when you're really a nihilistic fuck who despises everyone equally.

I wonder how they did it. Pretending to have skin of different color must be rather difficult. Especially if you are a university professor and have to teach some people in person.

For a pink person to pretend to be brown or black, they would have to:
A) Get a whole body tatoo
B) Paint themselves daily

Tatoos fade. And a brown person whose skin keeps getting lighter would be rather suspicious.
Looking online has revealed that UV radiation burns them away quicker. This would result in even more crazyness. The parts of the persons body more exposed to the sun, such as hands and face would actually be lighter, as the tattoo would fade faster there.

On the other hand, paint would peel or wash away quicker and would have to be reapplied. And there would always be the risk that it was not applied properly and someone notices or that some visible portion gets scrubbed off.
People are weird indeed. And that obsesion with race is really stupid.
I agree.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #153449 on: September 04, 2020, 09:47:28 am »

Tangentially related, but I love the story of William White - the first black baseball player who lived his entire life passing as a white guy. Which, honestly, was a damn good move in those days.

It's debateable, and the honor shouldn't be taken from Moses Walker, but it's an interesting story. Here's his wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Edward_White
Pages: 1 ... 10228 10229 [10230] 10231 10232 ... 11037