Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10202 10203 [10204] 10205 10206 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14554541 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153045 on: August 20, 2020, 08:15:18 pm »

The stupid, stupid thing about it is that the guy suing him is a sheriff and it’s his bodycam footage that shows he instigated the entire situation.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153046 on: August 21, 2020, 12:40:48 am »

So basically insecure officer overreacts and then can't admit he was wrong and has to get the last word so he sues the person over the situation he created in the first place?

Sigh.
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153047 on: August 21, 2020, 12:49:19 am »

Authority boner can't handle having his authority taken away. It leaves him feeling impotent, you see. Feelings of inadequacy, and all that.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153048 on: August 21, 2020, 02:44:01 am »

I'm wondering whether iPhone owners can't work out side-loading at all or is is really impossible with iPhones. Fortnite got pulled from the Apple App Store due to revenue disputes, now people are bidding up old iPhones that have Fortnite installed to $15K plus on ebay. Seriously for that price Epic should actually get some iPhones and cram Fortnite on them then sell them as branded ones.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 02:46:10 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153049 on: August 21, 2020, 02:50:44 am »

NOPE!

You can test-sign apps, but you have to reinstall them every week.

Apple's walled garden, doing its job, making apple money. Totally not a monopolistic stranglehold on the platform, no sir, absolutely not! How could you even consider such a thing! Apple's just making sure all the apps meet their stringent requirements!

/s

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153050 on: August 21, 2020, 03:25:33 am »

First they came for Epic, and I said nothing, for I really dislike Epic and gets much hurtjoy out of their misery
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153051 on: August 21, 2020, 04:07:37 am »

Normally when there's an outcry over a poster I'm meh, but in the case of this Netflix thing the sheer level of squick here has me wondering exactly who thought this was a good idea. Technically this is just a poster from a Netflix movie on a mainstream news site, but still not recommended to click this in company or at work:

(EDIT: decided I'd rather not link it, the movie is called Cuties in English. It was grossing me out, think: get some 11 year olds and dress/pose them like stripperific 90's rap video dancers).

EDIT: I guess the standards are different in France.

Whoever came up with this idea needs to be fired and promptly arrested
You know you're doing well when they want you arrested for making a movie
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 04:37:36 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153052 on: August 21, 2020, 04:27:51 am »

I dont want to be base, but Disney has been doing this kind of shit for decades.

It is fucking flagrant as hell on Disney Channel.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153053 on: August 21, 2020, 05:43:54 am »

I dont want to be base, but Disney has been doing this kind of shit for decades.

It is fucking flagrant as hell on Disney Channel.
It's not just Disney, taking Dan "If Her Age is on the Clock..." Scheider into account.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153054 on: August 21, 2020, 07:03:17 am »

Authority boner can't handle having his authority taken away. It leaves him feeling impotent, you see. Feelings of inadequacy, and all that.
this human seems incompetent though, shoving someone who wasn’t posing a threat, then attempting to sue them for reacting accordingly to being shoved...feelings of incompetence should be expected, the question is, will this one try learning from his mistakes? Given he’s suing someone who did nothing wrong, this unfortunately isn’t likely

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153055 on: August 21, 2020, 07:39:00 am »

this human seems incompetent though, shoving someone who wasn’t posing a threat, then attempting to sue them for reacting accordingly to being shoved...feelings of incompetence should be expected, the question is, will this one try learning from his mistakes? Given he’s suing someone who did nothing wrong, this unfortunately isn’t likely

Don't be silly, of course not.

Here's the deal, people with inferiority complexes want to feel big and powerful, so they gravitate toward positions of power where they get to exert authority over other people. They often have these inferiority complexes because of very profound deficits in their ability to perform or function, which they make up for by getting the dopamine rush of exerting that authority. This guy seems to fit that bill perfectly-- He is unable to actually accomplish real, profound tasks-- as such, he does not have a strong internal sense of self that exists outside of a social heirarchy. He has to make up for it by becoming a figure that others in the heirarchy have no choice but to respect and obey.  He is not able to properly utilize that power however, because of his innate deficits as a person, and so simply abuses that power, and flagrantly.

QED.

When challenged about it, he lacks the capacity to properly defend himself, so he lashes out about how being challenged causes him such intense mental anguish.

Essentially, he's the kind of person who should never wield power of any kind, and instead, should be getting psychological counselling-- However the US's mental health infrastructure is so terrible that this guy would never get the actual coaching and self-betterment exercises and treatments needed to better develop a more healthy sense of identity, and so he is likely to continue being a miserable person who seeks out and abuses power to feel good about himself for the rest of his life.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153056 on: August 21, 2020, 08:40:26 am »

It's more overreacting to the situation than anything else. As a sports event cop I'm assuming he's there as crowd control. You can see in the video the manager is coming from the crowd, and the correct way to react would be to intercept him and make him produce his pass but the officer never gives him the chance, he just starts pushing him.

So what I mean sure it's incompetence, but it's not incompetence in the way of "not doing his job", it's incompetence in the way of "doing his job wrong".
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153057 on: August 21, 2020, 09:33:17 am »

Not that weird doesn't have a point and that might be the case, but it feels a lot like prejudge against the guy. Suing for this however.... but USA being the "sue your way to richness, happiness and regain your lost hair land" it could also be a simple cheap shoot at getting "easy" money at a rich executive guy?

If that's the case is most likely the thing is not racial but monetary, the cop alleges he didn't knew the guy (but in fact did) and that the guy didn't provide a identification so "he was doing his job" and as result he was attacked by a "rich guy" and blah blah blah.....

And then there's the slim chance it doesn't have to do with race or money but simply and pure human error, idiocy and misunderstanding? Have anyone thought about it for a sec?

Honestly the whole ordeal seems really stupid to me, "ohh the guy shoved me, waaa waaa", and that goes to both of them. The cop shouldn't have pushed the other guy like that, the other guy should have carried his ID at hand and showed it before attempting to pass. Booth can argue "hey I was doing my job" and "hey I was lost in the thrill of the moment", both would be right and at fault at the same time. A simple apologize by both sides for the misunderstanding and carry on should have been enough.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 09:37:47 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153058 on: August 21, 2020, 09:53:04 am »

Don't be silly, of course not.

Here's the deal, people with inferiority complexes want to feel big and powerful, so they gravitate toward positions of power where they get to exert authority over other people. They often have these inferiority complexes because of very profound deficits in their ability to perform or function, which they make up for by getting the dopamine rush of exerting that authority. This guy seems to fit that bill perfectly-- He is unable to actually accomplish real, profound tasks-- as such, he does not have a strong internal sense of self that exists outside of a social heirarchy. He has to make up for it by becoming a figure that others in the heirarchy have no choice but to respect and obey.  He is not able to properly utilize that power however, because of his innate deficits as a person, and so simply abuses that power, and flagrantly.

QED.

When challenged about it, he lacks the capacity to properly defend himself, so he lashes out about how being challenged causes him such intense mental anguish.

Essentially, he's the kind of person who should never wield power of any kind, and instead, should be getting psychological counselling-- However the US's mental health infrastructure is so terrible that this guy would never get the actual coaching and self-betterment exercises and treatments needed to better develop a more healthy sense of identity, and so he is likely to continue being a miserable person who seeks out and abuses power to feel good about himself for the rest of his life.
How would one go about fixing the mental health infrastructure problem? Becoming a psychologist/staff at an existing mental hospital? Is it the lack of buildings that’s the problem?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #153059 on: August 21, 2020, 10:03:00 am »

It's also an example of identity politics getting involved in justice. I am black and the perp is white, ergo it was racism. He's definitely being mistreated, and he's also obviously playing a card.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10202 10203 [10204] 10205 10206 ... 11039