Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10174 10175 [10176] 10177 10178 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14551616 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152625 on: July 31, 2020, 06:11:02 pm »

Being Df what it is, probably involves booze, magma and explosions mixed with the censored boobs. Make of that what you will.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152626 on: July 31, 2020, 07:35:52 pm »

At any rate, Slaanesh disapproves.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152627 on: July 31, 2020, 07:44:25 pm »

Slaanesh should have been the name of one of the Goa'uld.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152628 on: July 31, 2020, 08:07:59 pm »

So... what program is that, anyway? It looks like an expensive skin for notepad++, heh.

If by "expensive skin for notepad++" you mean "IDE," then yes. It's Visual Studio.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152629 on: July 31, 2020, 08:10:04 pm »

notepad++ is an ide for people who aren't wimps
Kappa

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152630 on: July 31, 2020, 08:38:59 pm »

Aww c'mon dude, let's not have this conversation, it always end in a bloodshed over which is the better language, ide or not ide, framework.... and honestly I still like TurboPascal.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152631 on: July 31, 2020, 09:09:17 pm »

While not a programmer, I think whichever language one thinks is better is based on which language the programmer can use better. Different people have different thought processes and so might do better at one program than another.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152632 on: July 31, 2020, 09:48:06 pm »

Slaanesh should have been the name of one of the Goa'uld.
Would have been awesome.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152633 on: July 31, 2020, 10:48:07 pm »

While not a programmer, I think whichever language one thinks is better is based on which language the programmer can use better. Different people have different thought processes and so might do better at one program than another.

Look, NG, these are called "holy wars" for a reason :)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152634 on: July 31, 2020, 11:05:11 pm »

You can't really use notepad++ itself as an IDE. You probably need notepad++ & a console window.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152635 on: July 31, 2020, 11:29:37 pm »

Look, NG, these are called "holy wars" for a reason :)
I find holy wars purposeless, well war’s purposeless too...despite the world‘s growing interconnectedness we humans find reasons to hurt/kill others. While this “holy war” hasn’t resulted in death, o,entry more have, the Crusades are an example. I didn’t think you’d think of the program dispute as a holy war, but then, religion is fighting over which thought processes to follow, while the programming dispute is about which thought processes your computer should follow, so I suppose the comparison works

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #152636 on: August 01, 2020, 12:39:52 am »

Today I learned there's apparently multiple, officially published, star trek/x-men crossovers.

It also seems that Picard/Storm is something approaching canon. I can dig it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152637 on: August 01, 2020, 01:04:46 am »

The novel hinted at an attraction between Jean-Luc Picard and Ororo Munroe (Storm) and made a forward-looking reference to the (then-uncast) X-Men feature film by remarking on the uncanny resemblance between Picard and Xavier,

Even better.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152638 on: August 01, 2020, 04:38:23 am »

My desktop computer is telling me the battery level is at 98%

EDIT: Oop false WTF alarm, apparently it's detecting my computers UPS.  Turns out it only shows if under 100%, there was a power outage for a few minutes and the UPS was thus not at full charge so I had never noticed it previously.  Didn't know it could read that thing's battery level, let alone treat it as a laptop battery.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:48:33 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152639 on: August 01, 2020, 06:54:30 am »

Sounds like your computer wants to be a laptop so it can travel.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10174 10175 [10176] 10177 10178 ... 11039