Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10168 10169 [10170] 10171 10172 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14550641 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152535 on: July 23, 2020, 11:19:43 pm »

So, I got my covid test results back.

Thankfully negative.

However, the lab they sent it to has a decidedly Scifi name..
"HealthQuest Esoterics"

I half expect them to be researching extra-terrestrial doom bacteria with a name like that.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #152536 on: July 23, 2020, 11:31:35 pm »

I'd expect them to be a low-budget, medical themed knockoff of EverQuest.

That, or a shady phone game.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152537 on: July 24, 2020, 12:07:09 am »

My internet has gone to utter shit of late, but only on my laptop - other devices seem to work fine.   
Hopefully I haven't contracted some terrible virus... I can't think of any particularly dodgy websites I foolishly visited recently.   
Did this start today? Check recent downloads. Disclaimer, and not IT, I’m just guessing at things that might help, like maybe something downloaded recently is taking up memory and slowing the laptop down
I did check that, but as it turns out it is working much better now that I've brought it out into the same room as the router.   
Not sure if it's some weird problem with my laptop (which is somewhat temperamental when it comes to wi-fi) or if something is causing interference all of a sudden.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #152538 on: July 24, 2020, 04:19:53 am »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152539 on: July 24, 2020, 05:07:23 am »

Breathe into his nostrils?

Only appropriate if he is full code, and is coding.  then again, Joe Boxer there has had 2 TIAs, so it is entirely possible.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152540 on: July 24, 2020, 08:14:09 am »

My internet has gone to utter shit of late, but only on my laptop - other devices seem to work fine.   
Hopefully I haven't contracted some terrible virus... I can't think of any particularly dodgy websites I foolishly visited recently.   

Wireless internet is always flaky. Or you've got multiple devices with the same IP address. Have you tried the old "ipconfig /release" wait a minute or two "ipconfig /renew"? Type them into the dos prompt (start > run > cmd).

Nevermind, sounds like you got it solved with the "wireless is always flaky."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #152541 on: July 24, 2020, 02:38:31 pm »

Forgot to pay internet bill yesterday so our service was shut off. Instead of doing something intelligent like informing me or paying it and then letting me pay them back, the childish little woman decided to throw a fit and run to her friends house for the day. She left the front door open and the dogs got out and were playing with the neighbors kids and having a good time.

I can't access the internet providers website to pay the bill and their phone service requires multiple forms of identification only my brother possesses and didn't share with me. It's great. I'll have to drive in and pay it in person.

They always take the time to scream at me when they get home if I forgot it. It's only happened twice in a year, but every time I'm trying to murder them or something.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:40:16 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152542 on: July 24, 2020, 03:07:40 pm »

Cant you use your cell phone data for your computer and pay up the service?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #152543 on: July 24, 2020, 06:56:42 pm »

I actually tried, but their website wouldnt load on my mobile network either, because it's also garbage.

It's okay, I managed to pay them in person.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152544 on: July 25, 2020, 08:02:02 am »

Wireless internet is always flaky. Or you've got multiple devices with the same IP address. Have you tried the old "ipconfig /release" wait a minute or two "ipconfig /renew"? Type them into the dos prompt (start > run > cmd).

Nevermind, sounds like you got it solved with the "wireless is always flaky."
As it turned out, resetting the router made it all better. Despite everything else being able to connect just fine.   
I guess the signal range was just... weaker for some reason? Unable to reach my room at the front of the house? Weird. Oh well.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #152545 on: July 25, 2020, 09:58:04 am »

Breathe into his nostrils?

Only appropriate if he is full code, and is coding.  then again, Joe Boxer there has had 2 TIAs, so it is entirely possible.

He has to go home and get them pillows first, though. :P
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #152546 on: July 26, 2020, 05:51:25 pm »

While digging trough my mediafire account, i found a "succession game.sav", which somehow got 90 downloads. It is dated 2019-07-27 (what a coincidence). And i don't remember playing any succession game other year. What the actual fuck?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #152547 on: July 26, 2020, 05:56:56 pm »

Download it, maybe it'll refresh your memory?

Or delete it and change your email and password, whatever
I make Spellcrafts!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152548 on: July 26, 2020, 06:32:05 pm »

I've apperantly gotten 3 emails in quick succession last night.  The first said that there was a password reset request for my facebook account, the second said the same but for my Snapchat, and the third was for my MySpace account.

I don't have accounts for any of those.  But more WTF is what scammers in the world think people still have MySpace?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152549 on: July 26, 2020, 06:42:21 pm »

Who still has a bay12 account? :P

Myspace was still getting about 50 million unique monthly visitors as recently as 2015, and I'm guessing that most of the actual decline happened well before that point.

But whether or not people actively use Myspace isn't important. There are about 1 billion inactive accounts, so if you can breach those you can data-mine those as an attack vector. So about 1/7th of the planet have a Myspace account. They don't use it, but they still have it. At least Myspace does.

What was happening is that the hackers ran a script against your email to try and log in to all known sites. It's up to your imagination about how that went, but what they may then be able to do is narrow down which emails have accounts and which don't. You got three password reset requests, but they might have run your email against 50 sites, most of which you don't have. They can then glean info from those requests to narrow down which emails have active accounts on which sites. This is why it's important not indicate whether an email has an account or not on login screens. Don't give the hackers any information.

https://askleo.com/how-do-i-find-out-whos-trying-to-change-my-password/

There's a warning there, if you receive the "password reset" emails there may be a link to report that it wasn't you. Do not click these, the email itself warning about the attempted account access may itself be a phishing email.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 07:02:55 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 10168 10169 [10170] 10171 10172 ... 11038