Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10164 10165 [10166] 10167 10168 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14550672 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152475 on: July 20, 2020, 03:29:27 pm »

Agreed. I only really lumped myself in the Ace box because I heard what asexual people were saying about themselves and thought it matched me pretty well. But that whole thing is some kind of weird multi-dimensional spectrum box and it took me a long time to bother labeling myself, because it just wasn't important to me.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152476 on: July 20, 2020, 03:50:46 pm »

I have no clue what the hell my sexuality even is right now. Like, I get crushes on boys and girls (which has mostly been biased towards boys recently, oddly enough), but I only feel sexual desire towards girls. Stranger still, I've noticed that if I have a crush on someone, I don't feel much of an urge to have sex with them. If I'm sexually attracted to someone, I wouldn't want to be in a romantic relationship with them. I don't know why romance and sex are mutually exclusive in my head, but it is.

I'm not even sure if my sexuality qualifies as one, or if it's just a mishmash of preferences glued together into this fucking black box of a system. Sometimes I give it data about people, and sometimes it says "you like them" and sometimes it says "you don't like them, not in that way". Well gee, sexuality, what do I do with that information? Do I analyze it for months on end? Should I remind myself that I like this person? Do I throw it off a cliff?

The thing that's getting me so worked up about it is that I don't know how to use it. I can feed some random bullshit to it, and maybe it'll print something out, but I don't think it's particularly useful the way I'm doing it. I don't know how to operate this thing, nor do I understand its output.

And all of this because I listened to a song. Must be a pretty good song if it makes me philosophize on the nature of my sexuality.

Eh, just go with what you feel. The label doesn't really help anything.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #152477 on: July 20, 2020, 06:14:30 pm »

Labels are nice to find a place where you feel you fit. When there's a name for a particular set of traits you have, it's comforting.

Putting labels on other people, on the other hand, fuck that shit.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152478 on: July 20, 2020, 06:25:44 pm »

Labels are nice to find a place where you feel you fit. When there's a name for a particular set of traits you have, it's comforting.

Yes indeed. I find it very pleasant to find words that fit me.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152479 on: July 20, 2020, 06:29:19 pm »

I'd be the same thing, regardless if language were able to describe me. But if I can pick a label which supports other people who are similar to me, sure. It's not really helpful to me, but visibly identifying as such surely helps reassure others.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #152480 on: July 20, 2020, 08:26:06 pm »

I was reading Worm and spotted GreatWyrmGold's username in the comments. That caught me pretty off guard.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152481 on: July 20, 2020, 08:29:11 pm »

Heh, he's still around. He's a prolific guy, and it's not like Toady can ban him from the entire internet.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152482 on: July 20, 2020, 08:29:19 pm »

What's/what was the deal with GWG?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #152483 on: July 20, 2020, 08:38:43 pm »

He seems to post nearly everywhere of note, even on smaller sites, and his comments tend to get attention for much the same reason he ended up banned from B12.

Funnily enough, I don't really remember interacting with him when he was here.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152484 on: July 20, 2020, 08:50:15 pm »

What's/what was the deal with GWG?

Too many fuckhueg novel-length weeklong arguments about nothing, pretty much.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152485 on: July 20, 2020, 08:51:10 pm »

It always surprises me when I see or hear other people from B12 other places...  there are a few of you
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152486 on: July 20, 2020, 08:53:19 pm »

Hopefully nobody ever notices me! :D

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152487 on: July 20, 2020, 08:57:47 pm »

>.>
<.<

its not like i use my moniker consistently because I want to create an online persona, baka
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152488 on: July 20, 2020, 08:59:02 pm »

My moniker is used by me in other places, who knows, maybe others saw me in other places

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #152489 on: July 20, 2020, 09:00:33 pm »

I’ve used this elsewhere.

The common part of my handle is the 13 suffix though, and maybe not using a capital for the first letter.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10164 10165 [10166] 10167 10168 ... 11038