Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10162 10163 [10164] 10165 10166 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14551010 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152445 on: July 18, 2020, 06:03:52 am »

In that movie, wich is ironically NOT the scorpion king movie is said the dude went hell bent crazy on conquest, and after all of his army died in a desert march and he was the only one left he made a pact with Anubis, which presented him with a scorpion that he promptly eats as agreement/starvation-dehydratation? so he commanded the legions of Anubis like undead chacal demons.

Once the conquest was complete Anubis snatched him and apartently turns him into a gigant mutated scorpion thing, because hey irony, and keept him locked under the magical pyramid that The Mummy Returns spins all around.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:09:40 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152446 on: July 18, 2020, 06:35:13 am »

I've seen a fair few abandoned mattresses over the years. One had "FREE LSD" spraypainted on it.   

Was it any good?
This was a few years back, but I think we left it for less fortunate folks actually in need of such charity. ;)   

Re: gardening tips: I don't think I'd heard of ergot fungus before, interesting. No idea if it grows in my climate but it might bear looking into.   
I feel like you're really oversimplifying the other option there, though...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152447 on: July 18, 2020, 06:43:44 am »

psilocybe mushroom?

I would link you to about a bazillion growing guides, but Toady One would probably take exception to that.  No, really.  Coffee grounds, and aquarium.  It's about the same difficulty as growing cremini mushrooms.

Ergot is indigenous to Europe, especially in and around France. It was responsible for many historical instances of "werewolves", as it would make people poisoned with it go bonkers.  It is useful medicinally for a number of conditions, but is regulated and controlled.

It is a parasite that affects rye heads in semi-marshy areas, causing the kernels to elongate and turn black.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152448 on: July 18, 2020, 10:08:06 am »

Wait... FIVE Scorpion King movies? I've only seen three of them! And by number 3 they already changed the lead actor without a word because they couldn't get Dwayne Johnson back!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152449 on: July 18, 2020, 10:33:03 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:46:03 am by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152450 on: July 18, 2020, 10:53:04 am »

Oh God my life is not boring. Last nigth peter woke up at 1:40 am crying about the other grandma, that she doesnt belong there.

For context, we are staying at my mothers house for the weekend because she wanted to see pete before the next week since the complete lockdown starts on moonday and Im helping them with some stuff round their place.

Anyway, he was crying and after calming down he told us that she saw a granny, with red paint in her body. In this very aparment the first wife of my mom husband shot herself on the heart (she had disociative disorder and depression).

So far so good, a regular nigthmare, until this morning when for the first time that we know, he saw a picture of the woman and casually said "last nigth grandma".

Now, I dont belive in ghosts at all, but cant help to find all this amusing and obviusly a coincidence and children imagination. My wife is terrified and surely will ask me later to go home but I wont finish here until tomorrow.

EDIT: The Scorpion King  series also has 2 videogames. And has been acted by 4 adults and one young actor.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 11:03:04 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #152451 on: July 19, 2020, 01:39:52 am »

"All praise! All praise the ass of fortune!

Rub it! Rub its serendipitous magnificence!"

... and that was when frumple knew for certain it was past time to go to sleep.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152452 on: July 19, 2020, 03:26:00 am »

Re: gardening tips: I don't think I'd heard of ergot fungus before, interesting. No idea if it grows in my climate but it might bear looking into.   
I feel like you're really oversimplifying the other option there, though...   

Ergot hallucinations have actually given us a fair chunk of history and folklore:

https://www.uh.edu/engines/epi1037.htm

In 1976 Linnda Caporael offered the first evidence that the Salem witch trials followed an outbreak of rye ergot. Ergot is a fungus blight that forms hallucinogenic drugs in bread. Its victims can appear bewitched when they're actually stoned.

Ergot thrives in a cold winter followed by a wet spring. The victims of ergot might suffer paranoia and hallucinations, twitches and spasms, cardiovascular trouble, and stillborn children. Ergot also seriously weakens the immune system.

Now Mary Matossian tells a story about rye ergot that reaches far beyond Salem. She studies seven centuries of demographics, weather, literature, and crop records from Europe and America.

Down through history, Matossian argues, drops in population have followed diets heavy in rye bread and weather that favors ergot. During the huge depopulation in the early years of the Black Death, right after 1347, conditions were ideal for ergot.
Then, in the 1500s and 1600s, the symptoms of ergot were blamed on witches -- all over Europe, and finally in Massachusetts. Witch hunts hardly occurred where people didn't eat rye.

It's kind of sad to say that what was going on the 14th century kind of resembles 2020. You had a mass plague spreading, conspiracy theories about it, you also had the ridiculous cures and religious stuff too.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152453 on: July 19, 2020, 03:36:05 am »

There's also supposition that gaulish and nordic berzerkers may have been under the influence of ergot fungus, as it was theorized that the fungus can grow on the animal horn flasks that these individuals carried.

Some more exposition on ergotism.
http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty/wong/BOT135/LECT12.HTM

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152454 on: July 19, 2020, 04:59:09 am »

"All praise! All praise the ass of fortune!

Rub it! Rub its serendipitous magnificence!"

... and that was when frumple knew for certain it was past time to go to sleep.
So what happens when we rub it does it shit the genie out or what?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152455 on: July 19, 2020, 05:03:04 am »

Dont be vulgar. It he-haws.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #152456 on: July 19, 2020, 06:33:05 am »

Today I learned of Mario Odyssey speedrun Nipples%
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152457 on: July 19, 2020, 07:38:08 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:46:07 am by dragdeler »
let

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152458 on: July 19, 2020, 08:23:30 am »

The more I think about the "moral argument" the less I notice just how it's wrong and more how it's terrifying

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #152459 on: July 19, 2020, 08:39:49 am »

I was playing on a Civ server, a type of Minecraft server which uses a bunch of plugins to allow people to simulate nations and politics in Minecraft, and my nation was basically deleted from the world by a group that seceded from the nation who poured constant narcicistic toxicity on us and invaded us under the pretenses of helping their allies, a mercenary group hired to attack our colony that we had been working on for a month, destroying the colony utterly and stealing everything from it, a good chunk of our nation’s wealth going in the process. They continued to act like the victims on the main shared Discord even while they ran around the streets of the capital killing anyone who moved, destroying and raiding and robbing civilian buildings, and 20 people immediately lost the wiol to play the game, followed soon after by most of the other people in the nation, almost none of whom were pvpers. I had poured so much of my heart and soul into that group of 50 people, I had been elected to a government position by virtue of being the only person who wanted the job, and they destroyed all of it, and no-one came to help.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 10162 10163 [10164] 10165 10166 ... 11038