Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10123 10124 [10125] 10126 10127 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14550004 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151860 on: June 11, 2020, 06:10:32 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:58:26 am by dragdeler »
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151861 on: June 11, 2020, 06:20:22 pm »

Well, in this case LCDs are electronics without even a plastic cover around them, so yes they will be susceptible to UV light.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151862 on: June 11, 2020, 06:21:13 pm »

No technology is immune to looking old, even if kept perfect preserved. :P

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151863 on: June 11, 2020, 07:38:33 pm »

I don't care what the machine looks like.

I'm not embarrassed to say I was tearing up to the trailer for Horizon: Forbidden West.

Spoiler: Real Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151864 on: June 11, 2020, 08:33:07 pm »

Look - anything's better than the piano black that's been popular for the last decade. That shit will get covered in fingerprints if you look at it too long.

I mean that literally. I've cleaned off such surfaces and watched the fingerprints re-form.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151865 on: June 11, 2020, 10:12:30 pm »

The PS5 design ... the Wii

Good, it's not just me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151866 on: June 11, 2020, 10:51:56 pm »

colors are weird
Excellent channel for electrical devices without microprocessors, plus audiovisual tech!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151867 on: June 12, 2020, 12:12:37 am »

Look - anything's better than the piano black that's been popular for the last decade. That shit will get covered in fingerprints if you look at it too long.

I mean that literally. I've cleaned off such surfaces and watched the fingerprints re-form.

Ghost ex checking your messages!
Love, scriver~

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151868 on: June 12, 2020, 06:01:51 am »

Powered down my computer to clean it out and check connections.  Restarted, Steam is now black screens.  Have tried everything that every help thread I can find has to offer, nothing works.  I can play my games, but lots of workshop content is missing now.  This has been an incredibly stupid way to spend the last six hours.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151869 on: June 12, 2020, 06:08:57 am »

Hmm. I remember steam black screening on me at one point. I don't remember what I did about it.

If you have several hard drives, check that your steam is looking in the right places? At one point steam decide to download a lot of my things to a new place so I had multiple installations of a bunch of games.
Love, scriver~

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151870 on: June 12, 2020, 06:11:57 am »

I've got that managed, it installs to exactly two places and I keep an eye on both.  Now it keeps wanting to update, like I didn't reinstall it TWICE tonight.  And again right after startup, it's like the updates aren't actually installing or something.  And again, this is friggin' ridiculous.

It looks like I can force it to check for workshop mods by starting the game from the desktop, so that's nice, but other than that and the download tab still displaying it is completely useless.

Cleared the download cache for the second time in the last hour, as soon as steam closes, it immediately starts updating again.  I am utterly lost as to what the hell is going on here.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 06:34:28 am by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151871 on: June 12, 2020, 08:24:16 am »

I've got that managed, it installs to exactly two places and I keep an eye on both.  Now it keeps wanting to update, like I didn't reinstall it TWICE tonight.  And again right after startup, it's like the updates aren't actually installing or something.  And again, this is friggin' ridiculous.

That happened to me too! But I still don't remember what I did about it.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #151872 on: June 12, 2020, 08:55:55 am »

That happened to me too! But I still don't remember what I did about it.
Same here a few months ago... I am digging in my memory to remember what I did to fix that. If I can remember I'll let you know!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151873 on: June 12, 2020, 08:57:13 am »

Did you check folder permissions? Clear download cache(Steam->Settings->Downloads->button at bottom of page)?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151874 on: June 12, 2020, 10:18:20 am »

I have done everything that I can think of, checked permissions, re installed, restarted, dumped cache, deleted files and re-downloaded in a very real sense I have done every single step I can find mention of that isn't reg-editing or full system restores, neither of which should be necessary, since every single thing that isn't steam is functioning completely normally, it has tried to update over twenty times now, and I have restarted steam or my computer nearly one hundred times EACH.

I've run checkdisk, system health tools, scanned with Mbam, started in safe mode without networking, started in safemode with networking and every single other thing I can think of.

This is mindless and stupid and I'm far, far too tired to continue today.

Pages: 1 ... 10123 10124 [10125] 10126 10127 ... 11038