Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10089 10090 [10091] 10092 10093 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14548534 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151350 on: May 05, 2020, 06:26:25 pm »

Say, if anyone was a reverse vampire it'd probably be Chairman Poo. You expect us to think he cures people's blood? With medicine?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151351 on: May 05, 2020, 06:49:31 pm »

he does have a fascimation with vampires...
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #151352 on: May 05, 2020, 07:20:50 pm »

Just what is a reverse vampire?

Is it a bat that drinks bat blood and can turn into a human? A vampire that needs sun and crosses? One that injects blood into its victim? Is Jesus a reverse vampire!?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151353 on: May 05, 2020, 07:26:25 pm »

Is it a bat that drinks bat blood and can turn into a human? A vampire that needs sun and crosses? One that injects blood into its victim? Is Jesus a reverse vampire!?
It's more accurately known as a eripmav.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151354 on: May 05, 2020, 07:30:26 pm »

My first real introduction to vampires (in which I read and understood the lore) was actually Anne Rice. . . .  Which was a thing.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151355 on: May 05, 2020, 07:39:23 pm »

In the original Simpsons episode from which the meme is drawn, "reverse vampires" was one of the explanations the kids latched onto for why all the adults in town were rushing into the house before dark, the implication being that the night would kill them. The actual explanation was that Homer was making bank selling an aphrodisiac tonic and the parents were massively horny.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151356 on: May 05, 2020, 07:43:54 pm »

She swallowed the spider to eat the fly, she swallowed the cat to catch the spider...

She swallowed the drider to catch the spider. She swallowed the tarrasque to catch the drider.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151357 on: May 05, 2020, 08:16:06 pm »

The ultralisk?

Btw, am I the only one that rated the old zerg portraits better? They were far more insect and alien like on a good disturbing level. The portraits in SC2 are... more animal like, dunno, thet all look far more cartoony, more earthly and while they all have fanged mouths, far less threatening and disturbing.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151358 on: May 05, 2020, 08:20:06 pm »

My understanding of a reverse vampire was a creature that pumps blood into its subjects.

They are a massively undervalued part of our hospital system. We thank you for your service, Chairman Poo.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151359 on: May 05, 2020, 08:20:42 pm »

... probably not the ultralisk, unless we're doing a starcraft/D&D crossover here.

Which, I mean. Maybe? I think I've read something like that before, either zerg or nids or summat hitting forgotten realms land, something in that general direction. There's potential there, zerg et al are nasty creatures but most D&D settings are friggin' death worlds, so...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151360 on: May 05, 2020, 08:56:10 pm »

The umber hulk is a D&D creature that resembles an ultralisk.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151361 on: May 05, 2020, 09:00:25 pm »

My understanding of a reverse vampire was a creature that pumps blood into its subjects.

Or people who drink vampire blood, like immortality-greedy adventurers in DF.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151362 on: May 05, 2020, 09:21:28 pm »

Or people who drink vampire blood, like immortality-greedy adventurers in DF.

I think that would be a "hypervampire".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151363 on: May 05, 2020, 10:23:27 pm »

The umber hulk is a D&D creature that resembles an ultralisk.
There's ultralisk hero units called torrasque straight up, if you haven't played much starcraft/forgotten the thing existed. It's conceivable someone's played starcraft but little to no D&D, and would recognize them as an ultralisk first and their originating critter not at all.

There's nothing called drider in the (canon, anyway) SC stuff, that I can recall, though, which means it probably wasn't an intentional starcraft reference.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151364 on: May 05, 2020, 11:27:47 pm »

Yes, there's a mission on SC Brood War that has the side-quest of dealing with torrasque, a much much tougher than normal ultralisk that respawns every few minutes until you destroy it's very fortified lair.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 10089 10090 [10091] 10092 10093 ... 11038