Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10088 10089 [10090] 10091 10092 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547826 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151335 on: May 05, 2020, 03:02:44 pm »

was she pro-trump before?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151336 on: May 05, 2020, 03:04:21 pm »

Oh, and my sister is now anti-Trump because apparently he's been working with Bill Gates who is responsible for the coronavirus outbreak.

Aren't they working together with Cuomo to destroy the school system in NY as a pilot project to destroy the rest of the public school system?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151337 on: May 05, 2020, 03:05:01 pm »

Of all the reasons to stop resounding the trump...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 03:49:21 pm by Eschar »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151338 on: May 05, 2020, 03:40:48 pm »

What are the natural predators of the hornets? Introduce them in droves into the USA, that surely would turn out perfect.

Let's try cane toads.
Noooooooooooooo
correct, Cane toads aren;t specialized enough, what we need is a parasite that requires the hornet for its larvae to grow, possibly a fly species, thus, only the targeted species of hornet is affected, as parasites tend to only be able to grow in specific hosts

I have just the thing

Be adviced, not for the faint of heart
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151339 on: May 05, 2020, 04:23:46 pm »

Noticed a mirrored sticker on the back window of a car, such that it's mostly readable by their rear view mirror: "Got Jack Bauer?"

I kinda forgot anyone liked that show, but the whole thing seems as dated as oddly personal yet public. Altogether odd.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #151340 on: May 05, 2020, 04:37:42 pm »

What are the natural predators of the hornets? Introduce them in droves into the USA, that surely would turn out perfect.

Let's try cane toads.
Noooooooooooooo
correct, Cane toads aren;t specialized enough, what we need is a parasite that requires the hornet for its larvae to grow, possibly a fly species, thus, only the targeted species of hornet is affected, as parasites tend to only be able to grow in specific hosts

I have just the thing

Xenos Vesparum
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151341 on: May 05, 2020, 04:55:54 pm »

Let's try cane toads.
Noooooooooooooo

I have just the thing

Xenos Vesparum
Perfect, now we need to find a species of the Strepsiptera order that can live inside of the invasive wasp, and we have our biological control

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151342 on: May 05, 2020, 05:19:09 pm »

She swallowed the spider to eat the fly, she swallowed the cat to catch the spider...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151343 on: May 05, 2020, 05:27:46 pm »

Oh, and my sister is now anti-Trump because apparently he's been working with Bill Gates who is responsible for the coronavirus outbreak.

Aren't they working together with Cuomo to destroy the school system in NY as a pilot project to destroy the rest of the public school system?

Yeah, but also that's kind of Bill Gates' weird hobby, and also a goal of Cuomo and Trump. The idea is, if you hand all of the taxpayer money for public schools to corporations, you can get around the laws that normally require you to put in equal effort to teach poor/non-white kids.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151344 on: May 05, 2020, 05:29:55 pm »

Perfect, now we need to find a species of the Strepsiptera order that can live inside of the invasive wasp, and we have our biological control

When we've considered biological controls in the past, one of two things generally looks probable:

1. It's going to eat some other native species we don't want it to.
2. Something native is going to eat it and die because it's weird biochemically.

Where possible, it's generally preferable to engineer a specific chemical toxin with which to saturate the environment and kill them all that way. When engineered for robustness, they can linger in the soil for months to years and so prevent reintroduction of the invasive species. This generally doesn't work well for bacteria, but we've gotten to the point where if we make a dozen or so it's unlikely any wasp will be immune or develop immunity to all of them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151345 on: May 05, 2020, 06:16:53 pm »

Anthrax can survive for decades if not hundreds of years in the earth. If we genemodify it to target hornets instead of ants, it would be the perfect solution

and the best part is there's absolutely no way it could go wrong
Love, scriver~

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151346 on: May 05, 2020, 06:18:25 pm »

Anthrax can survive for decades if not hundreds of years in the earth. If we genemodify it to target hornets instead of ants, it would be the perfect solution

Yup, definitely no way this could go poorly at all. Not at all. Nope.
This is fine.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151347 on: May 05, 2020, 06:20:29 pm »

Reverse vampires seem like they would actually be a boon to the healthcare system in these trying times.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #151348 on: May 05, 2020, 06:20:59 pm »

Yup, definitely no way this could go poorly at all. Not at all. Nope.
This is fine.
Yes. This is a great idea and I definitely support it.

I suppose there is no way to make the anthrax radioactive as well? That would probably be even better.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151349 on: May 05, 2020, 06:21:50 pm »

But what if it starts affecting aunts D:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 10088 10089 [10090] 10091 10092 ... 11038