Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10082 10083 [10084] 10085 10086 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547507 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151245 on: May 01, 2020, 03:56:23 am »

Speaking of evil moments, I have a few favourites. The most recent one was a game of Victoria 2 as Persia. My army was battered and broken and I was dying slowly because I was in the UK's failing sphere. A massive communist revolution popped up and I couldn't defeat it. As it turns out, communists were popular with under one percent of the population, and much of the rest of the game was crushing several 60k stacks of liberal rebels at a time until, even with the game's casualty limit being around 20%, I had killed well over a million of my own citizens.

The most satisfying thing was seeing police state as an invention pop up and watching existing stacks fade away slowly, slowly, going from 60k to 20k and then to nothing. Even in the uncivilized nations I had conquered.
Yep... and some mods add a genocide decision, I wonder what those people would think of it? You can also siege down an entire country and keep it occupied for years, IIRC that raises militancy and kills pop so eventually it will be reduced into a depopulated failed state. And with commands you can mess up the economy of the entire world.

Actually, most GSGs involve indirectly killing thousands if not millions even if you don't go out of your way to be Hitler.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #151246 on: May 01, 2020, 06:17:13 am »

A while ago, LW did an experiement with the muscle-increasing nature of necromancy.

Essentially chain a necromancer in a glass cell, drop/slaughter livestock outside his box, let him reanimate the animal, and re-kill it before it rots.  Then butcher for increased gains.
Currently I'm testing out necromancy as a way of artificially aging critters

In other macabre but inconsequential news, I opened my shed door today for a brief few moments - enough time to place a sack of compost down. In that brief moment of time a meaty fly flew in. This is an inadvisable course of action as my shed's windows are guarded by daughters of ungoliant. The fly dropped onto a strand of webbing and immediately a grand meatier spider on the hierarchy of meaty critters came out and dragged the spider deeper into its webby lair. She had evidently moulted recently and had grown as fat as my thumb feasting on the gateway into my shed. Before long everyone in my garden was crowded around this phatty spider, gazing in wonderment at the fleeting terror of life

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #151247 on: May 01, 2020, 07:47:34 am »

I'm curious. How does necromancy age critters?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151248 on: May 01, 2020, 11:15:18 am »

Youtube. Now it's putting a notice before a video starts, requiring me to choose to either watch several advertisements before the video starts or watch several advertisements in the middle of the video. And of course, after choosing to watch 3 ads before the video, it proceeds to force me to watch 5 advertisements, along with several that pop up during the video.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151249 on: May 01, 2020, 11:34:32 am »

Yeah, there's extensions or whatever that tells that horseshit to screw off. Would recommend :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151250 on: May 01, 2020, 11:45:07 am »

I just clicked the link on a quote from this thread, and it actually took me to the very message that was quoted.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151251 on: May 01, 2020, 11:47:44 am »

Wasn't there a forum-fixing script Toady ran at one point? Is he gonna get around to doing that again at some point?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151252 on: May 01, 2020, 11:50:01 am »

Youtube. Now it's putting a notice before a video starts, requiring me to choose to either watch several advertisements before the video starts or watch several advertisements in the middle of the video. And of course, after choosing to watch 3 ads before the video, it proceeds to force me to watch 5 advertisements, along with several that pop up during the video.

What they obviously mean here is that by clicking that you're opting in to watch the three extra videos either now or halfway through the video.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151253 on: May 01, 2020, 11:51:32 am »

I just clicked the link on a quote from this thread, and it actually took me to the very message that was quoted.   

Well, yeah, we've got a greatdisorder going on so links don't al - oh. I did not expect that.

We're saved

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151254 on: May 01, 2020, 11:53:46 am »

Has GD even been around recently?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151255 on: May 01, 2020, 12:28:04 pm »

I haven't seen GO Mk. II recently. GD has definitely been around, though.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151256 on: May 01, 2020, 01:04:16 pm »

If a single kill is murder, would these actions not count as genocide?

It's not that long ago that games had things like the "scroll of genocide." Removed one type of creature from the game. Most versions allowed you to pick the type of creature you were as well.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151257 on: May 01, 2020, 01:19:39 pm »

If a single kill is murder, would these actions not count as genocide?

It's not that long ago that games had things like the "scroll of genocide." Removed one type of creature from the game. Most versions allowed you to pick the type of creature you were as well.

"Had"?

NetHack, for example, is still going strong.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151258 on: May 01, 2020, 01:35:03 pm »

I love NetHack. After so many communities suffered painful and slow deaths, it's always great to go "Hmm, I wonder what Nethack is doing!" and see that everyone's still around doing their thing.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151259 on: May 01, 2020, 01:56:23 pm »

What’s Nethack?
Pages: 1 ... 10082 10083 [10084] 10085 10086 ... 11038