Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10076 10077 [10078] 10079 10080 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14548080 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151155 on: April 24, 2020, 04:12:38 pm »

Divisive anti-Neptunian rhetoric has no place on this forum, Iduno.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151156 on: April 24, 2020, 04:55:50 pm »

So I finally got an offer for an apartment.

The reason I got it is that it's brand new and comes with a ludicrously expensive rent.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151157 on: April 24, 2020, 06:19:38 pm »

I kinda became the repo man for the company I work now. More like the corporation. All these years have not only made me hard as a nail but also it seems allowed me to develop the skills and contacts to "move around", even when there's no gas in the whole country, this goes so far as to project my presence two cities over without needing to go there.

All this because the actuall office isn't open yet for obvious reasons so I offered to do anyjob they could have for me and I happened by chance to have the rigth contacts and apttitudes.... so far have collected a non small amount of money for other bussines of the corporation.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151158 on: April 25, 2020, 07:32:05 am »

I've just seen a beginner blind lady shoot a bow with better accuracy that I've ever been able to achieve. I think I might just give up on this archery stuff before it kills my self-esteem forever.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151159 on: April 25, 2020, 07:40:34 am »

I've just seen a beginner blind lady shoot a bow with better accuracy that I've ever been able to achieve. I think I might just give up on this archery stuff before it kills my self-esteem forever.

You’re certainly not going to get better if you give up :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151160 on: April 25, 2020, 07:42:37 am »

Clearly her other senses have been sharpened to supernatural heights
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151161 on: April 25, 2020, 08:36:28 am »

She cheated and had someone rub cologne on the target beforehand.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151162 on: April 25, 2020, 09:23:24 am »

The answer is obvoius, you need yo cover your eyes before shooting your weapon, is not like anything could go wrong from there.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151163 on: April 25, 2020, 11:11:53 am »

Preferably with your hands.  ;D

But seriously, was she really blind, or just have very bad sight?
If she was really blind, the only was I can imagine she could aim at the target is, if the target was making some kind of noise.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151164 on: April 25, 2020, 11:14:59 am »

But seriously, was she really blind, or just have very bad sight?
If she was really blind, the only was I can imagine she could aim at the target is, if the target was making some kind of noise.
https://youtu.be/MjQm1mqzuVI?t=39

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #151165 on: April 25, 2020, 11:57:33 am »

Target archery is much more dependent on muscle memory and steady hands than eyesight. As long as one has a general direction, always landing the arrow in the same place is not too difficult for an experienced shooter. For a beginner, it was most likely just luck.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151166 on: April 25, 2020, 05:20:06 pm »

Nah, she's a crime figther lawyer that figths for justice at day and enforce it by nigth.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #151167 on: April 25, 2020, 06:15:59 pm »

Wasn't one of the world's best archers legally blind? Won medals at the Olympics?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151168 on: April 25, 2020, 07:04:47 pm »

Wouldn't a legally blind person participate in the paralympics games?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151169 on: April 25, 2020, 07:10:07 pm »

Yes, but I doubt the special olympics would be so . . . crass as to make blind archery a thing.  It may be impressive, but not really fitting the theme.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10076 10077 [10078] 10079 10080 ... 11038