Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10074 10075 [10076] 10077 10078 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547346 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151125 on: April 23, 2020, 10:13:12 am »

Antivaxxers. Stupid, stupid antivaxxers. They doom themselves and their children with their ignorance.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151126 on: April 23, 2020, 11:38:47 am »

Bought a repair kit for my Nintendo Switch joysticks, but the screwdriver isn't grabbing the screws. And I don't have any other Y-shape screwdrivers around because this probably the first time ever I've had to deal with Y-shape screws.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151127 on: April 23, 2020, 12:45:45 pm »

Bought a repair kit for my Nintendo Switch joysticks, but the screwdriver isn't grabbing the screws. And I don't have any other Y-shape screwdrivers around because this probably the first time ever I've had to deal with Y-shape screws.
Is it slipping out of the screws, or is it not catching at all? You can also probably find a suitable substitute screwdriver at a nearby electronics/hobby store, some of them are doing delivery and such still. Money tho.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151128 on: April 23, 2020, 01:09:48 pm »

Antivaxxers. Stupid, stupid antivaxxers. They doom themselves and their children with their ignorance.

It’s worse that they also put at risk everyone that can’t get vaccinated.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151129 on: April 23, 2020, 01:38:17 pm »

Is it slipping out of the screws, or is it not catching at all? You can also probably find a suitable substitute screwdriver at a nearby electronics/hobby store, some of them are doing delivery and such still. Money tho.

It's stripping the screws. I took a very close look and two of the three... I think the term is "wings" but I'm not sure, on the tip are chipped just a bit off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151130 on: April 23, 2020, 01:49:58 pm »

You may be able to use a small flat-blade screwdriver in one of the 3 slats in the top of the screw.

It’s worse that they also put at risk everyone that can’t get vaccinated.

Yeah, they're a big thing here in Texas. They're encouraged, because they mostly kill off the poorer residents who can't afford to get vaccinated.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151131 on: April 23, 2020, 02:00:03 pm »

It's stripping the screws. I took a very close look and two of the three... I think the term is "wings" but I'm not sure, on the tip are chipped just a bit off.
Uh, so I wouldn't continue if the kit doesn't have replacement screws, but you probably just need to apply more pressure to get the screwdriver to not strip and get them out, though it'll fuck up the screwhead still.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151132 on: April 23, 2020, 04:26:39 pm »

FFVII remake:  just watching a stream, because holy cow does it cost a lot.

Overall pretty compelling, but today's WTF:  They kind of turned Cloud into a Witcher: "yeah I'll kill any monster if the price is right."
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151133 on: April 23, 2020, 05:04:46 pm »

Cloud was a merc with self-denial/amnesia/false identity who was, when the game started, a hardened moneygrub.  His ties to the resistance were tenuous and, past aside, it was made clear through the dialogue in the beginning that he wasn't entirely on board with the movement.

or am i misremembering?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151134 on: April 23, 2020, 05:27:01 pm »

FFVII remake:  just watching a stream, because holy cow does it cost a lot.

Overall pretty compelling, but today's WTF:  They kind of turned Cloud into a Witcher: "yeah I'll kill any monster if the price is right."

The first (and likely only) third costs a lot.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151135 on: April 23, 2020, 05:32:50 pm »

Wait what? It's not even the full game? I haven't been following it that much, but....wow.

I do remember he was a merc, but I don't remember him being quite as "where's my money!?" as he is now.  But granted, I did play it when it first came out in 97 so.... memory, eh?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151136 on: April 23, 2020, 05:53:20 pm »

Wait what? It's not even the full game? I haven't been following it that much, but....wow.

I do remember he was a merc, but I don't remember him being quite as "where's my money!?" as he is now.  But granted, I did play it when it first came out in 97 so.... memory, eh?

Yeah, it's just the first of 3 discs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151137 on: April 23, 2020, 06:22:58 pm »

Haha selling nostalgia is profitable, holy shit. Could potentially be 90 hours of gameplay for $180.

I donor think the game was that good was it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151138 on: April 23, 2020, 06:40:10 pm »

I've heard that it's just the tutorial part of the game turned into 40 hours of content.
 Also, the ending of this part is different from the original. Apparently it's less of, improved graphics and brought up to modern standards type remake, and some kind of cosmic horror story time loop and in-universe remake.
Haven't actually seen this though, just heard it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #151139 on: April 23, 2020, 06:45:31 pm »

The game only covers Midgar
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 10074 10075 [10076] 10077 10078 ... 11038