Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10069 10070 [10071] 10072 10073 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545734 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151050 on: April 18, 2020, 11:49:51 am »

Goddamn trying to mod Oblivion on steam. How do I even.

Nexus mod manager + Creation Kit

Old school son
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151051 on: April 18, 2020, 11:51:50 am »

Goddamn trying to mod Oblivion on steam. How do I even.

Nexus mod manager + Creation Kit

Old school son

Look for the .ini file in your My Games folder. Add entries for your .esp files manually.

Use notepad.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151052 on: April 18, 2020, 11:53:20 am »

Notepad++. If you're going to self-flagellate, at least use the better striking rod.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151053 on: April 18, 2020, 12:01:17 pm »

Everywhere I read, I see cries of anguish not to use nexus mod manager. Use wyre bash, they say. Wyre bash says: for the love of god don't use me if your game is installed in program files - reinstall somewhere else first. The game is on steam, this isn't an option. Can I do it manually? According to every larger mod's readme file, it's almost as bad an idea as killing your granny*.

I'm too old for this shit. Years of playing user-friendly games with interfaces made 90% of lube and mother's warm embraces have made my tinkering organs vestigial.

*you can't, her kung-fu is too strong

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151054 on: April 18, 2020, 12:04:38 pm »

I have not really had issue with NMM...  Most sources of pain and anguish come from unclean mod installation and uninstallation.  If the mod has been properly packaged for NMM, then that tool does an excellent job. Most other sources of pain and anguish come from mod load order.  NMM allows you to change that easily.

WyreBash, from what I remember, was mostly for cleaning orphan references and other strange things caused by modders not working clean when making the mod to begin with. Not Mod installation.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #151055 on: April 18, 2020, 12:07:07 pm »

I have not really had issue with NMM...  Most sources of pain and anguish come from unclean mod installation and uninstallation.  If the mod has been properly packaged for NMM, then that tool does an excellent job. Most other sources of pain and anguish come from mod load order.  NMM allows you to change that easily.

WyreBash, from what I remember, was mostly for cleaning orphan references and other strange things caused by modders not working clean when making the mod to begin with. Not Mod installation.
Yeah. I use Vortex (NMM's successor) for installing mods whenever I want to play Oblivion. And as said, WyreBash is just for cleaning up.

I guess you can just manually install by dumping the downloaded files inside the game's Data Files folder like we used to do in yon olden daeys.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151056 on: April 18, 2020, 01:09:27 pm »

Everywhere I read, I see cries of anguish not to use nexus mod manager. Use wyre bash, they say. Wyre bash says: for the love of god don't use me if your game is installed in program files - reinstall somewhere else first. The game is on steam, this isn't an option. Can I do it manually? According to every larger mod's readme file, it's almost as bad an idea as killing your granny*.

I'm too old for this shit. Years of playing user-friendly games with interfaces made 90% of lube and mother's warm embraces have made my tinkering organs vestigial.

*you can't, her kung-fu is too strong

There's no reason for you to have your actual Steam library in Program Files, and a few reasons not to - Program Files is a protected folder.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151057 on: April 18, 2020, 01:20:53 pm »

What Lord Shonus means is that if you click settings and then go to downloads and look for STEAM LIBRARY FOLDERS field you can click that too and enter another place to have your Steam library folders.
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #151058 on: April 18, 2020, 10:20:37 pm »

for the love of god don't use me if your game is installed in program files - reinstall somewhere else first. The game is on steam, this isn't an option.
This guide might be useful in moving your installation out of program files
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #151059 on: April 18, 2020, 10:44:18 pm »

I believe in the superiority of humans (and other hypothetical sapient species) over non-sapient species. There is no need to "balance things out".
Well see, there's your problem. Cruelty is inherent in such a viewpoint. Hopefully one day you realise that! :(   
I know that. And I don't care that I am supporting cruelty. I have very little empathy for cows, pigs, sheep, and other farm animals. Why should I, when they are non-sapient, not endangered, and their sole purpose in life is to provide food (or wool)?

Also I enjoy the taste of meat, which, for me, is enough of a reason to continue to eat it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 10:48:32 pm by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151060 on: April 19, 2020, 05:15:46 am »

I kinda partially agree with Max here.  While I certainly agree that there should be reasonable methods taken to reduce unneeded cruelty to our food animals, some is going to be innate in the idea of keeping animals for food.  My grandparents owned a dairy farm with some chickens on the side. None of those animals were ever intended for the slaughterhouse and to my at the time young mind felt they were well treated, yet there are plenty of people out there who would feel myself and my grandparents were monsters, simply for owning livestock.

I like eating meat. I don't like that in order to keep many kinds of meat cheap they have to be kept in conditions many would consider inhumane.  But unfortunately until we get food to the point where everyone can have easy, basically free access to as much as they need of a fair variety, including meat, that is the reality. 

If we can develop cultured meat that does not have significant issues that will reduce the need for walls of chicken cages stacked on top of another, that's great.  If someone can market an insect meat successfully that can be mass farmed instead that would be great. If someone chooses to be a vegetarian, or vegan, and reduce the overall demand for meat to make these mass meat farming methods less of a requirement thats great as well.  But it should be a person's right to eat meat if they wish, animals are not people, and until alternatives are developed we have to do what we have to do.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151061 on: April 19, 2020, 09:19:01 am »

I believe in the superiority of humans (and other hypothetical sapient species) over non-sapient species. There is no need to "balance things out".
Well see, there's your problem. Cruelty is inherent in such a viewpoint. Hopefully one day you realise that! :(   
I know that. And I don't care that I am supporting cruelty. I have very little empathy for cows, pigs, sheep, and other farm animals. Why should I, when they are non-sapient, not endangered, and their sole purpose in life is to provide food (or wool)?

Also I enjoy the taste of meat, which, for me, is enough of a reason to continue to eat it.

Indeed.

If sapience is your benchmark here, what are your thoughts on the mentally disabled?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151062 on: April 19, 2020, 09:21:14 am »

'its your money too'
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #151063 on: April 19, 2020, 09:32:16 am »

Indeed.

If sapience is your benchmark here, what are your thoughts on the mentally disabled?
Dont you enjoy the taste of meat of the mentally disabled?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151064 on: April 19, 2020, 09:36:53 am »

It's a shame, to refuse to even slightly utilise one of humanity's best aspects - our capacity for compassion (or at least basic empathy).   

Anyway, in other WTF news... actually never mind, I forgot my WTF.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 10069 10070 [10071] 10072 10073 ... 11037