Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10049 10050 [10051] 10052 10053 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14534667 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150750 on: April 01, 2020, 08:06:56 am »

This is Patrick.

We are Patrick.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150751 on: April 01, 2020, 08:10:14 am »

Is there more? There should be more.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150752 on: April 01, 2020, 08:23:15 am »

The mouth that Patrick has at certain points has big /r/ImSorryJon energy. You can check around there for similar works.

I have just discovered that my community is full of QAnon losers. I'm closing on a house in less than a month.

Send help.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:38:21 am by Mephisto »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150753 on: April 01, 2020, 09:26:06 am »

The recent ones appear to involve spiders and Garfield virus, wonderful
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:00:39 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150754 on: April 01, 2020, 02:02:26 pm »

The mouth that Patrick has at certain points has big /r/ImSorryJon energy. You can check around there for similar works.

I have just discovered that my community is full of QAnon losers. I'm closing on a house in less than a month.

Send help.
It's not like you'll see them anyways, they'll be indoors playing 4d chess with the prez to win The One True Buttery Mail Server.
Buttery mail, you say? Simple, just douse all packages in butter and let sit, then deliver to said houses that request buttery mail

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150755 on: April 01, 2020, 02:33:08 pm »

Im 8 beers deep rn brother

Anyone else hear that in Hulk Hogan's voice?

I was messing around in GIMP, and I think I ended up exporting a .tiff file that can't be opened, moved, deleted or overwritten. I can't even use something like FileASSASSIN to delete it, since it just freezes once it tries to delete it. I'm tempted to boot into Ubuntu to delete it.

Edit: Uh.. it failed so hard to boot into Ubuntu from USB that it not only produced errors, it also spat out a bunch of graphical garbage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 2: This clearly isn't working. I need to try something else.

Edit 3: I have run into a wall. Whatever is going on here is beyond my abilities.

Run scandisk. Failing that, move everything else off then format the drive.

Sounds like a corrupted file (less likely: virus). Take off and nuke entire the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

This highly educational and terrifying Spongebob comic
Not sure what I was expecting, but what I saw wasn't that.

Reminds me of Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing with fewer insults.

Edit:
Hey, so is anyone using the quarentine/pandemic to learn/do anything cool?

myself, Im using it as an excuse to start running again and I want to get back into reading and even doing some handiwork around the apartment.

Working hardly.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:01:04 pm by Iduno »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150756 on: April 01, 2020, 02:52:12 pm »

methylatedspirit, I assume you checked the file permissions?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #150757 on: April 01, 2020, 06:00:22 pm »

methylatedspirit, I assume you checked the file permissions?
Yes. Full control for administrators.

It's worth mentioning that I've already deleted it. After some increasingly-desperate measures, I booted Parted Magic on a different computer, plugged in the drive, then deleted it there. Going to another computer is the one thing I try not to do. Any Linux distribution would've worked, I'm sure, but Parted Magic (included on a rescue disk) was what I had on hand.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #150758 on: April 01, 2020, 06:55:20 pm »

So, I tried to start reading Count Lucanor, a book of fables written in Castile in the 13th century. I did not expect to have problems because I've read stuff from the 16th century without trouble.

Well... turns out things become a tad more complicated with 13th century Spanish. Its not that you *can't* read it, but it's more like reading something in another  Romance language (like French or Portuguese) and figuring out the meaning due to the similarities than reading fluently.
I gave up for now because it's just too tiresome to be enjoyable.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150759 on: April 01, 2020, 07:40:02 pm »

Is there a community I can find that's specifically actually for men's rights, without being against women's rights?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150760 on: April 01, 2020, 07:42:23 pm »

The problem with that is men’s rights activists arose to challenge women’s rights activists, so probably not.

Do you mind telling us (or me in a PM ‘cause I’m curious likes eh) what specifically you’re looking for with men’s rights?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150761 on: April 01, 2020, 07:45:19 pm »

Ummm, human rigths? I hear us men are humans but thats probably fake news. And hear this, woman are humans too, or so is rummored on the streets.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150762 on: April 01, 2020, 07:46:12 pm »

The problem with that is men’s rights activists arose to challenge women’s rights activists, so probably not.

Do you mind telling us (or me in a PM ‘cause I’m curious likes eh) what specifically you’re looking for with men’s rights?
Basically, they're campaigning against the large amount of misandry in our society and focus on that much like a feminist focuses on misogyny.
To be clear, I do not believe only women take a part in misandry, it's a society wide problem.
But the ones I found seem to campaign against women's rights, as you said.
Ummm, human rigths? I hear us men are humans but thats probably fake news. And hear this, woman are humans too, or so is rummored on the streets.
That's more general than what I want. Also where can I find this, in case I decide to join them anyway?

Also, how do I find if a news site is a credible source?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:49:12 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150763 on: April 01, 2020, 07:48:35 pm »

Basically, they're campaigning against the large amount of misandry in our society and focus on that much like a feminist focuses on misogyny.
To be clear, I do not believe only women take a part in misandry, it's a society wide problem.

Can you give some examples of this?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150764 on: April 01, 2020, 07:52:31 pm »

I think an example would be men not being allowed to show emotion? Not being allowed to be with their own children if the mother isn’t present? I’m not sure if these are misandry or something else
Pages: 1 ... 10049 10050 [10051] 10052 10053 ... 11037