Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10028 10029 [10030] 10031 10032 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527219 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150435 on: March 11, 2020, 08:13:01 am »

But I always thought that bleach contains solution of hydrogen chloride (hydrochloric acid). The pamphlet I got in mail says specificaly chlorine, not "compound of chlorine".

Cheching the wiki tells me I was mistaken and bleach usualy contains a hypochloride. Still not pure chlorine.
Pure chlorine is a gas. Normally people use chlorine to refer to chlorine compounds.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150436 on: March 11, 2020, 08:24:47 am »

But I always thought that bleach contains solution of hydrogen chloride (hydrochloric acid). The pamphlet I got in mail says specificaly chlorine, not "compound of chlorine".

Cheching the wiki tells me I was mistaken and bleach usualy contains a hypochloride. Still not pure chlorine.
Pure chlorine is a gas. Normally people use chlorine to refer to chlorine compounds.
Normal people are silly. We have chemical nomenclature for a reason.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150437 on: March 11, 2020, 08:29:55 am »

That's definitely an opinion that one could hold.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #150438 on: March 11, 2020, 09:13:29 am »

Normal people are silly. We have chemical nomenclature for a reason.
Smart people know how to interpretate messages correctly.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150439 on: March 11, 2020, 09:23:07 am »

That's the part you noticed? I also implied the disease was made of ravens, and said chlorine worked based on fear. Look, if I'm going to admit in one of my posts that the post is a joke, you're going to have to do a lot better than this to pick it apart.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150440 on: March 11, 2020, 09:47:21 am »

That Miracle Mineral Solution btw is Sodium Chlorite. It's very healthy and nothing like the bleach/pool cleaner, which is Sodium Hypochlorite.

BTW the reason they call Sodium Hypochlorite "chlorine" is that the active property is that it releases chlorine. The rest is there as the stabilizer, delivery mechanism.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:49:57 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150441 on: March 11, 2020, 09:59:35 am »

That Miracle Mineral Solution btw is Sodium Chlorite. It's very healthy

Um?

Also the MMS-panacea peddlers tend to sell it along with or instruct users to mix it with citric acid, forming chlorine dioxide. Which is, like, an excellent full-body cleanse/purge!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150442 on: March 11, 2020, 10:11:09 am »

That's the part you noticed? I also implied the disease was made of ravens, and said chlorine worked based on fear. Look, if I'm going to admit in one of my posts that the post is a joke, you're going to have to do a lot better than this to pick it apart.
I was replying to Mephisto.
It was most likely talking about bleach. You can get chlorine-free bleach but most of it is probably chlorinated.

It's too early in the morning to hate my fellow humans but here we go. There is a claim that drinking bleach cures the virus and I'm betting at least a handful of people believe that.
Or are you also replying to somebody else, Iduno?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:13:50 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150443 on: March 11, 2020, 10:50:14 am »

Ah, it makes more sense if you were replying to someone else.

Also, Microsoft got tired of people complaining that SharePoint was the worst possible way to deal with coworkers that didn't involve talking to the coworkers in person, so the invented Microsoft Teams to prove them wrong.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150444 on: March 11, 2020, 12:21:26 pm »

We use both here.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #150445 on: March 11, 2020, 12:28:06 pm »

That sounds like less fun than a chloride enema.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150446 on: March 11, 2020, 12:36:01 pm »

That sounds like less fun than a chloride enema.

Meh.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150447 on: March 11, 2020, 12:38:31 pm »

We use both here.

Same. Also Skype so they know when we're at our desk. Because even field workers obviously aren't doing anything if they aren't at their desk.

Or were you talking about chlorine dioxide?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150448 on: March 11, 2020, 12:43:24 pm »

Work chat time?

We also use Skype. Not Skype for Business. Just a collection of disconnected Skype accounts, some personal, some created just for the company. Because it's free.

We're looking at something not quite so shit but still free. We've settled on self-hosting rocket.chat, which seems like a bit of a mistake thus far.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150449 on: March 11, 2020, 12:49:04 pm »

Work chat time?

We also use Skype. Not Skype for Business. Just a collection of disconnected Skype accounts, some personal, some created just for the company. Because it's free.

We're looking at something not quite so shit but still free. We've settled on self-hosting rocket.chat, which seems like a bit of a mistake thus far.

It's the For Business version that archives all of the chats to use against you in the future. Runs like shit, though. It used up so much memory that my previous computer was taking 10+ minutes to log in every morning. Down to like 2-3 now.
Pages: 1 ... 10028 10029 [10030] 10031 10032 ... 11037