Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10022 10023 [10024] 10025 10026 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14528469 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150345 on: March 04, 2020, 10:40:52 pm »

is . . . he running from a rolling boulder?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #150346 on: March 04, 2020, 10:42:37 pm »

No, he´s tripping balls after smoking the pot grown by the pirate owners of the island.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150347 on: March 04, 2020, 10:44:08 pm »

No hes crash bandicoot
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150348 on: March 05, 2020, 01:36:47 am »

All I know of The Beach movie is that the beach it was filmed at became a tourist magnet, subsequently destroyed, and now closed to the public

...It's ironic because that sort of thing is a major theme in the book, in case anyone was wondering. But you really should just go and read it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 01:39:26 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150349 on: March 05, 2020, 06:36:36 am »

It's like raa-aaa-aayn
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150350 on: March 05, 2020, 08:07:47 pm »

I bought the most recent Call of Duty game, which is bizarre since I don’t really play FPS games.

What is more bizarre is I find myself really enjoying it :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150351 on: March 06, 2020, 01:21:42 am »

This is how it starts hector. Keep playin and soon you'll start wearing codpieces too
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150352 on: March 06, 2020, 03:17:33 am »

I bought the most recent Call of Duty game, which is bizarre since I don’t really play FPS games.

What is more bizarre is I find myself really enjoying it :o

I don't do the online play, but the campaigns are definitely fun and polished. There's a reason that it's one of the biggest-selling series. There's a lot of negative feedback, but that's not because they're bad games, it's because they're so popular that there's a lot of bad online player behavior.

I have the original WWII games on PC and the MW trilogy on PS3. Can't vouch for any of the other games but those were fun.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:20:00 am by Reelya »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150353 on: March 06, 2020, 06:33:20 am »

I've just became aware of this pogo-stick-slash-hydrofoil thingy called aquaskipper. Watching it go, and that fast, I can't shake the feeling that there is something wrong about the unholy contraption. Like, come on physics, you're trolling now. Surely, the power of Satan must be keeping it afloat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150354 on: March 06, 2020, 06:48:23 am »

That just sounds like a janky physics bug.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150355 on: March 06, 2020, 07:31:58 am »

I'm just waiting for the James Bond movie where there's an Aquaskipper chase/shootout. The bad guys will be distinguished by their black aquaskippers with red flames and their ski-masks.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150356 on: March 06, 2020, 11:08:13 am »

That just sounds like a janky physics bug.

Like the one where some people have been able to, sometimes, get water to freeze faster if it starts at boiling (100/212 degrees) instead of room temperature (~21/70 degrees)? I don't know that it's been particularly reproducible, but it keeps coming up.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150357 on: March 06, 2020, 02:23:40 pm »

Had a slightly bizarre encounter with an old man on my property. Dude pulled up as I was moving my wheelie bin so I could park my car, and then was walking up my driveway as I was parking.

He was all “are you [not hector]?”  And I’m all “nope, I’m hector.” And then he was like “[not hector’s Family name]?” And then I was like “nope.” ‘Cause I don’t know this man, I’m giving him nothing.

Apparently there’s a lawsuit against the former owners ‘cause they owe money. Presumably, he mentioned it being on the property, which is most worrisome. The slightly bizarre thing about it was he said he didn’t know the house was for sale, when it had been on the market for over 400 days when we expressed interest in it.

Asked some questions about how much we paid and if the house was in good repair, mentioned “we own the factory” and pointing over there, whatever that means.

I am anxious about this now. Didn’t ask him who he was or note down his license plate number, which is regretful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150358 on: March 06, 2020, 02:42:18 pm »

When people say "Pass the Turing Test", what do they actually mean?
I remember someone asking Tarn if Dwarf Fortress passed the Turing Test, as if that is any question to ask of a Alpha videogame that isn't focusing on realistic behavior.
In order to pass a Turing Test, a program has to be indistinguishable from a human. If the program can't fail where a human might fail, and succeed where a human would succeed, it hasn't passed the Turing Test.
I have at others times also heard "pass the Turing Test." like it was something likely to be done, so I think they might be using a different definition of Turing test or something.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150359 on: March 06, 2020, 02:57:40 pm »

Were they talking about passing the Turing test or asking if the game was Turing complete? These are entirely different things despite the same dude's name being on both.

You're basically right on what the Turing test is, but that DF would fail it is self-evident.

Something is Turing complete if (a bunch of CS mumbo jumbo hopefully simplified) it can emulate a Turing machine and theoretically solve any problem that's solvable given the criteria that Turing came up with way back when. DF is Turing complete. You can probably find a few threads showing this on the upper boards.
Pages: 1 ... 10022 10023 [10024] 10025 10026 ... 11037