Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9998 9999 [10000] 10001 10002 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14534541 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149985 on: February 09, 2020, 04:00:10 pm »

:O

I guess I never really considered where he was from.  Sounds pretty grim.  I cant even begin to imagine how the people will make due.  Whats your intermediate plan yoink?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #149986 on: February 09, 2020, 04:34:32 pm »

Swimming trunks. /bad taste /wait that’s New Zealand /stupid references
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149987 on: February 10, 2020, 05:29:30 am »

I guess I never really considered where he was from.  Sounds pretty grim.  I cant even begin to imagine how the people will make due.  Whats your intermediate plan yoink?
Oh, no, don't worry about me - me and mine were not directly affected by the fires as far as I'm aware, apart from perhaps getting smoked out (not in the fun way) since it was apparently quite thick up here for some time.
I just simply had to move house because both my housemates (a couple) are doing so, and here's me not even on the lease. Not that I'd be likely to have much luck trying to wrangle new housemates if I was.    

I do appreciate the concern, though, and as it stands I really have no idea what the future holds for me. Staying here for at least a while, which I'm somewhat optimistic about, but who knows how bearable it will prove to be.

I'm lost!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149989 on: February 10, 2020, 09:29:13 am »

Hot and uncomfortable under the doona, yet the parts of me that aren't seem to be cold. I have a sniffle. Ugh.
I had hoped to get a bit more sleep.

Doona?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149990 on: February 10, 2020, 06:26:21 pm »

Doc, I wasn't sure why it was prescribed in the first place, and I'm still not sure why now, but we're taking my grandfather off the stool softener.

Came home to an odd smell to the house. Asked what it was. He said it cleaned it up. Went to check. Shit on the toilet. Shit on the floor. Shit on the door. Shit on the wall behind the toilet. Just. Shit. It was not cleaned. It apparently projectile excreted.

This is not the sort of thing you want to come home to :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149991 on: February 10, 2020, 09:15:26 pm »

Oh, no, don't worry about me - me and mine were not directly affected by the fires as far as I'm aware, apart from perhaps getting smoked out (not in the fun way) since it was apparently quite thick up here for some time.
I just simply had to move house because both my housemates (a couple) are doing so, and here's me not even on the lease. Not that I'd be likely to have much luck trying to wrangle new housemates if I was.    

I do appreciate the concern, though, and as it stands I really have no idea what the future holds for me. Staying here for at least a while, which I'm somewhat optimistic about, but who knows how bearable it will prove to be.

I'm lost!

Bad Taste was a 1987 movie directed by and starring a now world-famous New Zealander.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149992 on: February 10, 2020, 11:06:01 pm »

Ohhhhh. I love that movie, clearly I've forgotten whatever line you were referencing though, haha. Meet the Feebles is fantastic as well, possibly even better! 

Edit:
Hot and uncomfortable under the doona, yet the parts of me that aren't seem to be cold. I have a sniffle. Ugh.
I had hoped to get a bit more sleep.

Doona?
No, 'tis a type of bedspread/quilt, also known as a comforter, or even a "duvet" by folks who don't speak proper English. :P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 11:08:34 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149993 on: February 10, 2020, 11:34:52 pm »

I wasn’t referencing a line or anything, just the movie itself. I saw most of the movie many years ago, though I can’t really remember anything beyond a sheep getting exploded.

My personal favourite would be “I kick arse for the Lord.” from Braindead, however.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149994 on: February 11, 2020, 07:53:51 am »

New Zealand is apparently cancelling hosted public FM radio, including removal of classical music, and replacing it with "an automated service" on AM and digital streaming only.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149995 on: February 11, 2020, 08:23:05 am »

Well, replacing it with a youth-targeted program that's apparently supposed to host live performances and whatnot of younger kiwi groups and individuals, leaving classical to what you mentioned and maybe some spots on a different (larger) public broadcasting thing.

Like, it seems pretty terrible but not omniterrible? If they actually manage to put and keep a spotlight on younger NZ performers, losing a dedicated classical station isn't super bad if they genuinely just can't do both for whatever (probably stupid) reason.

... that said, apparently the last time they tried that sort of youth programming it withered up and died within five years, so...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149996 on: February 11, 2020, 12:23:33 pm »

I'm bothered by the Philippines' President Duterte wanting to scrap a security pact that allows American forces to train there. 
source

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149997 on: February 11, 2020, 01:43:55 pm »

Apparently the "rolling sarcophagus" incident hasn't ever been mentioned on Bay12?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/gm-powerpoint_n_5340385?ri18n=true

General Motors was facing penalties for safety problems which may have killed several hundred people, and they put out a memo to staff of phrases to avoid, which the government prosecutors then leaked as part of the evidence against GM. Apparently it's not ok to refer to GM cars as the Widow Maker or the Rolling Sarcophagus among many other things, or to talk about impaling, disembowling or decapitation. The best bit is that someone must have actually called the cars a Rolling Sarcophagus so they had to add that to the list.

The whole list is awesome actually. You could use it to design flavor text for critical hits in a grimdark RPG. Here's the full list of banned words at General Motors:

always, annihilate, apocalyptic, asphyxiating, bad, Band-Aid, big time, brakes like an “X” car, cataclysmic, catastrophic, Challenger, chaotic, Cobain, condemns, Corvair-like, crippling, critical, dangerous, deathtrap, debilitating, decapitating, defect, defective, detonate, disemboweling, enfeebling, evil, eviscerated, explode, failed, flawed, genocide, ghastly, grenadelike, grisly, gruesome, Hindenburg, Hobbling, Horrific, impaling, inferno, Kevorkianesque, lacerating, life-threatening, maiming, malicious, mangling, maniacal, mutilating, never, potentially-disfiguring, powder keg, problem, rolling sarcophagus (tomb or coffin), safety, safety related, serious, spontaneous combustion, startling, suffocating, suicidal, terrifying, Titanic, unstable, widow-maker, words or phrases with a biblical connotation, you’re toast

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149998 on: February 11, 2020, 01:51:11 pm »

I... I...

Apparently, MDickie never stopped making games. I thought he was done after Wrestling Revolution and Hard Time on the Ouya. I was very wrong.

He's made a junior high/high school game that, true to form, is essentially just a reskin of Hard Time (which is itself a reskin of Wrestling Revolution). He's announced plans for a 2D version of The You Testament as well.

There's an 'Untitled Wrestling Project' slated for 2020

There's more on his portfolio, but I don't even know if I can go down that rabbit hole again. I... I'm not strong enough.

--snip--
Grenadelike? Kevorkianesque? These are amazing! Also, always never be serious.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #149999 on: February 11, 2020, 01:54:01 pm »

He's made a junior high/high school game that, true to form, is essentially just a reskin of Hard Time (which is itself a reskin of Wrestling Revolution).

Wow

Wow

That sounds like a big must play

Is the wrestling mask still available for faces like in that Hard Time let's play video?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9998 9999 [10000] 10001 10002 ... 11037