Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9962 9963 [9964] 9965 9966 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14546674 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149445 on: January 02, 2020, 06:20:13 pm »

What were the results?
It was a website specific search.
No results came up.
Ah, I thought you used a search engine, my bad. I wonder what your two thoughts were to make the amalgamate query?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #149446 on: January 02, 2020, 06:55:44 pm »

What were the results?
It was a website specific search.
No results came up.
Ah, I thought you used a search engine, my bad. I wonder what your two thoughts were to make the amalgamate query?
I had come to the website for My Hero Academia stuff, then I was thinking about a DnD rpghorrorstory while typing.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149447 on: January 03, 2020, 03:04:25 am »

Well we avoided "World War I v2.0". I hope we also avoid "World War 2, Under Hittler's Shadow". But we'll have to wait little less than 20 years to know.
I thought it was going to be called "World War 2: Electric Boogaloo: Revenge of Ultra Mecha Hitler".
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149448 on: January 03, 2020, 08:29:42 am »

Post production changed the name. Also now instead of being a war/dance movie it'll be a comedy/drama romance film starring Ryan Gosling as Hittler literal shadow.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149449 on: January 07, 2020, 05:53:17 pm »

Stupid goddamned manager. We have a new production manager, had been at another store for about a year before coming here a few weeks ago. Today he decides to flip around what I do in a way that has been tried numerous times, each time with me telling whatever dumbass has this idea that it won't work, telling them WHY it won't work, and them finally flipping back when they see that it didn't work for the same reasons I told them.

This asshole? Refuses to listen, and when he sees that it doesn't work, several times he instead insists on me doing something nonsensical because it's "more efficient" when it's the exact opposite of that, or that it will get "better". But of course, why should he listen to the guy with 5+ years experience doing this particular job, he's watched the experienced guy do it for about a week so clearly he must be more knowledgeable.

Oh, and it turns out my sister was the one who trained him. I'm going to have some words for her the next time I see her.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #149450 on: January 07, 2020, 09:58:33 pm »

So I was playing the Witcher 3 (yeah because of the series, sue me) and I noticed that a flute player in a tavern was playing "The Foggy Dew". Never noticed in my first playthrough (but then again my first playthrough was before working in Ireland for two years)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149451 on: January 08, 2020, 09:41:25 am »

Both binding machines at work are broken, because someone decided to open them up to try and make them go faster. They won't be getting repaired, since the company that repairs them said that we've voided the warranty, but in much less polite terms.

Now I've got to do things old school, using rubber bands, and my wrist is killing me. I did over 800 on Monday, I didn't really count how many I did yesterday, and there's still several thousand bundles to go. "Just hang in there" was all my boss had to say about it.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149452 on: January 08, 2020, 12:31:33 pm »

I saw a chain-spear today. Apparently it is used for trimming branches on trees without climbing them.

I also saw footprints of a barefoot human in snow. Someone decided to run in frozen forest without boots or socks.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149453 on: January 08, 2020, 12:46:50 pm »

Hey, they could've been wearing those weird foot-shaped shoes that perfectly contour to your toes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149454 on: January 08, 2020, 01:06:11 pm »

Hey, they could've been wearing those weird foot-shaped shoes that perfectly contour to your toes.
Those exist?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149455 on: January 08, 2020, 01:07:11 pm »

Oh, and it turns out my sister was the one who trained him. I'm going to have some words for her the next time I see her.

I know that if my sibling intentionally trained someone badly just to prank me in the future, I'd be livid up until I realized how hilarious the idea was, and how much I respected (and hated) the effort.

If it was an accident, I'd never stop telling them what a dumbass move that was, or asking them how stupid the trainer must have been.

I saw a chain-spear today. Apparently it is used for trimming branches on trees without climbing them.

I also saw footprints of a barefoot human in snow. Someone decided to run in frozen forest without boots or socks.

Did someone nearby have a fire? Because they may have thought that putting on pants (or just keeping on pajama pants) and a jacket was enough effort just to go grab some more wood for the fire. Not that I've been so lazy myself.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #149456 on: January 08, 2020, 01:14:21 pm »

They called me this morning from the workplace I quit last week. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149457 on: January 08, 2020, 01:28:24 pm »

Did someone nearby have a fire? Because they may have thought that putting on pants (or just keeping on pajama pants) and a jacket was enough effort just to go grab some more wood for the fire. Not that I've been so lazy myself.

There was a lot of smoke on a nearby garden. Perhaps there was a bonfire.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #149458 on: January 08, 2020, 02:36:13 pm »

I was thinking right now and wasn't there a yearly thread for reading various books?

While there doesn't seem to be one for this year (and so I thought to make it), I can't for the life of me remember the name of the previous ones.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149459 on: January 08, 2020, 02:36:49 pm »

Chainsaw glaive! :D
Pages: 1 ... 9962 9963 [9964] 9965 9966 ... 11038