Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9956 9957 [9958] 9959 9960 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547295 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149355 on: December 26, 2019, 10:05:32 am »

Honestly, you can change your name and/or picture, and nobody would know who you are.

After I changed my name to something resembling "ToadyOne" and made a dumb post, I'm pretty sure that's the first feature Toady toggles.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149356 on: December 26, 2019, 10:09:54 am »

Oh lord, that thread was... Interesting.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149357 on: December 26, 2019, 10:19:35 am »

You've never had a long-running account from when you were a young-un?
No I was really afraid of judgment when I was younger, so I never really joined any forums and if I did I didn't really post more than a few times.

So this is my longest running account, and this forum is one of the few places I look at on the internet now days.

What happened there?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149358 on: December 26, 2019, 10:23:57 am »

Okay I'm gonna ask, why do you guys want to delete your past posts, did ya say something embarrassing or are you guys wanting a fresh start?

I want to delete some posts because I am no longer interested in the other thead/post where it shows in the Show new replies to your posts

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149359 on: December 26, 2019, 10:48:20 am »

Okay I'm gonna ask, why do you guys want to delete your past posts, did ya say something embarrassing or are you guys wanting a fresh start?

I want to delete some posts because I am no longer interested in the other thead/post where it shows in the Show new replies to your posts

I don't think that's an option anymore, what with the breaking the boards. I agree the new replies/unread posts things are fairly useless as they are now. Although you can just click on a thread title to see what's there.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #149360 on: December 26, 2019, 10:55:11 am »

No, you want to delete posts because y'all want to fuck over the quote function again.
The one that's STILL BROKEN from the last time someone wanted to delete posts
eventually the quote function is gonna redirect to some abandoned Estonian basketweaving forum or something
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149361 on: December 26, 2019, 11:09:28 am »

What happened there?
Bay12 collectively (after Mephisto) discovered the "Change name" function on their profiles. An entire thread of amphibians arguing with each other about which one was real and exactly how cancelled Dwarf Fortress really was. It was kind of a Spartacus moment.

I believe that's how Cthulhu got his name, actually. After the first couple rounds of semi-administrator names, people started reforming themselves as slightly more esoteric entities, and then when the One True Toad arrived to set things right, he didn't recognize that Muffles wasn't Muffles anymore. So the renaming function got removed while he was still in his eldritch cosplay, but the name just kinda stuck so he didn't bother asking for an intervention.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149362 on: December 27, 2019, 03:50:40 am »

Apparently the postal workers that service my area just cannot be fucking bothered to KNOCK ON MY DOOR, before deciding (despite BOTH of my vehicles being in the driveway, and my house lights turned on!) that I was not home, and thus "Could not deliver my package."

Quote from: Bullshit from the postal service

December 26, 2019, 10:04 am
Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)
[address redacted]
We attempted to deliver your item at 10:04 am on December 26, 2019 in [redacted] and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by using the Schedule a Redelivery feature on this page or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice beginning December 27, 2019. If this item is unclaimed by January 25, 2020 then it will be returned to sender.

Not only *WAS* I home, I was awake, and using the internet at that time, and could TOTALLY have signed for that package--- HAD THEY FUCKING KNOCKED.  I am not a telepath, I do not know they are at my door unless they knock.

Lazy fucking people--- Damnit. 

I would bet money it is because the package weighs over 100lbs, and the fucker just wanted to skip delivery.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149363 on: December 27, 2019, 04:36:22 am »

What did you buy that weighs over 100lbs?

One of my neighbors had some bullshit like that happen involving the UPS, apparently the UPS guy's idea of delivering a package was to put it in a clear bag then throw it into a trashcan, if I hadn't noticed it when I was throwing out some trash it would have gone to the dump, and this kind of crap is why we hate UPS.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149364 on: December 27, 2019, 04:56:31 am »

I scored a PEB from an international seller for a very nice price.  It will facilitate my cloning efforts.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 04:58:05 am by wierd »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149365 on: December 27, 2019, 05:23:44 am »

If you hadn't added the link I wouldn't have known what you were saying you bought, because when I looked up PEB I got some hotel chain I've never heard of, some data structure for Windows NT, and Pre-engineered buildings, and I'm not sure you could get any of those things in the mail.

It will facilitate my cloning efforts.
So your going to take it apart to figure out how to make another one, don't you not need to do that now that you have one, or is that for the benefit of other people.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149366 on: December 27, 2019, 05:49:47 am »

According to the item description, it's a "Peripheral Expansion Box".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149367 on: December 27, 2019, 05:54:06 am »

Correct.  Peripheral Expansion Box-- PEB.

It is an enclosure for add-on cards for the Texas Instruments 99/4A home computer system, circa 1978-1982.  It connects to the sidecar port.

The project was started to assist other users.  The community for that computer system is very active, and has many hobbyist hardware hackers.  The project was to create comprehensive documentation and dimensional drawings for the PEB (since TI never released any!), and to verify that the documents are correct by replicating the hardware.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149368 on: December 27, 2019, 06:17:50 am »

According to the item description, it's a "Peripheral Expansion Box".
When I first saw the post it didn't have the link and Google wasn't being helpful when it came to finding out PEB stood for.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149369 on: December 27, 2019, 09:02:48 am »

Well, I am beginning to think that maybe the local mail carrier is just a fucking klutz...

First I get obscene damage to my 800$ large format printer when it arrives... FROM BEING DROPPED.

Now, my 175$ PEB arrived with--- obscene damage-- FROM BEING DROPPED.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/278167-ot-dumping-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4418557

(Pictures at linked forum post)

Pages: 1 ... 9956 9957 [9958] 9959 9960 ... 11038