Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9762 9763 [9764] 9765 9766 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14525623 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146445 on: August 08, 2019, 08:47:08 am »

I only just realized this.

No plans for a party with this short a warning.
Youre old now.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146446 on: August 08, 2019, 09:44:28 am »

Walk by TV to hear some televangelist fuckwit calling a fertility god a "god of sexual immorality". Not the first time I've heard that particular ass spew bullshit like that, either.
well I don't know the god in question, but fertility gods don't tend to respect things like marriage and other things that God tends to find pretty important, so it does seem to fit

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146447 on: August 08, 2019, 10:02:44 am »

lol at God's name being his categorical 'race'
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146448 on: August 08, 2019, 10:30:56 am »

In some cases, families that were actively repaying their loans sometimes spent more on the payments than on fuel, leading the study to note that “families are spending more on student loans than key categories of basic necessities.”
WTF?

What kind of baffling metric is it that spending more on a student loan that fuel is a "bad" thing? I would hope you don't have a huge fraction of budget taken up by fuel in the first place...
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146449 on: August 08, 2019, 11:02:37 am »

The mirtazapine dreams are continuing. My brain's reaction to the horrifying dreamscapes it thinks up is dull surprise. At least I'm not getting nightmares, all that happens is I wake up at the usual time feeling strangely violated by my own subconscious.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146450 on: August 08, 2019, 11:13:35 am »

I only just realized this.

No plans for a party with this short a warning.

Grattis på födelsedagen IsTeTrettioEtt!

Instead of a party we could have a impromptu tea party
An impromtea party
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146451 on: August 08, 2019, 12:13:55 pm »

In some cases, families that were actively repaying their loans sometimes spent more on the payments than on fuel, leading the study to note that “families are spending more on student loans than key categories of basic necessities.”
WTF?

What kind of baffling metric is it that spending more on a student loan that fuel is a "bad" thing? I would hope you don't have a huge fraction of budget taken up by fuel in the first place...
I didn’t know student loans cost more than fuel. Student loans are too much. Imagine if people had to pay tuition for high school, if that happened, people would want the government to pay for education. If taxes pay for high school, why can’t colleges be paid for in taxes too? Eliminating the need for student debt

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #146452 on: August 08, 2019, 01:18:52 pm »

WTF?

I didn’t know student loans cost more than fuel. Student loans are too much. Imagine if people had to pay tuition for high school, if that happened, people would want the government to pay for education. If taxes pay for high school, why can’t colleges be paid for in taxes too? Eliminating the need for student debt
But Naturegirl, that's CoMMunISm!!one!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146453 on: August 08, 2019, 01:20:00 pm »

WTF?

But Naturegirl, that's CoMMunISm!!one!
Taxing colleges doesn’t give the government all of your property

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146454 on: August 08, 2019, 02:02:46 pm »

At what point am I legally allowed to throw old fish at these people?

If I remember correctly, you get one free arson on your birthday.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #146455 on: August 08, 2019, 02:12:48 pm »

Ah, so you can throw !!old fish!! at them too.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146456 on: August 08, 2019, 02:55:28 pm »

What forum was this posted in, and where? And who are throwing fish at?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146457 on: August 08, 2019, 03:13:45 pm »

Since quote links are still utterly fucked, it's reply number 146337 in this thread. So, a few posts ago.

And I suffer the urge to hurl something at the "professionals" I mention in that post...

Damn, I think I may have traded that in for a free salad in the cantina... Oh well, there's always next year!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146458 on: August 08, 2019, 03:37:26 pm »

WTF?

The wording here is slippery. If they mean "gasoline for your car", you've got a pretty decent point. If they mean "gasoline for your car, natural gas for heating, and (possibly) electricity for everything else" (a valid definition of the word, in budgetary terms), than the comparison makes more sense.

Since the average student loan payment is $280/month for a mere $25,000 loan, the latter is much more likely in context.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146459 on: August 08, 2019, 03:40:57 pm »

Since quote links are still utterly fucked, it's reply number 146337 in this thread. So, a few posts ago.

And I suffer the urge to hurl something at the "professionals" I mention in that post...

Damn, I think I may have traded that in for a free salad in the cantina... Oh well, there's always next year!
Thank you
Pages: 1 ... 9762 9763 [9764] 9765 9766 ... 11037