Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9761 9762 [9763] 9764 9765 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14525716 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146430 on: August 07, 2019, 02:04:21 am »

Oh sweet, chuck me in there! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146431 on: August 07, 2019, 09:19:47 am »

I managed to swim to the edge of the swim area yesterday, all alone. I got freaked out the second time but baby steps. The corner bouy is probably 150~ feet out from shore, over 30 feet deep water.

Mind you it's a man made lake with nothing more dangerous in it than alligator gar, regular gar, medium sized catfish, and assorted swimming snakes. Maybe some alligator snapping or regular snapping turtles. Bottom line, aside from the snakes, nothing that's going to go out of it's way to attack me. But dat fear of deep water is strong.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146432 on: August 07, 2019, 11:18:09 am »

It is several hundred pages. I also do not have a scanner.
Something that I always forget, and which I always get reminded about, is the Library has a scanner. See if your town or city library will let you spend some time scanning that, and put it onto a thumb drive.

speaking of things that belong in museums.. I have quite a collection of obsolete, but still "working" peripheral devices, including several scanners.  Last I checked, only one could be made to work on win7 64bit, and then only with a hand-doctored driver. (because the manufacturer is a fan of the planned obsolescence model, even though the old model and the new(er) model are identical electronically, just with a different PID string.)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146433 on: August 07, 2019, 02:03:48 pm »

I did some online shopping last night, and today I got confirmation notices within half an hour of each other that said both independent shipments are being processed and are due for delivery on Friday.

Snazzy.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146434 on: August 07, 2019, 04:21:50 pm »

I did online shopping on Monday night, got an email Wednesday saying it had been shipped, and it would be arriving by next Tuesday.
For some reason I expected delivery within a few days.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146435 on: August 07, 2019, 05:13:21 pm »

I have to wonder what the office people are thinking sometimes.

We need one million labels. For this upcoming Monday. For a visualization, that's about 80,000 feet of paper, assuming zero waste. Running today, we got about 4,000 feet done.

Because of how it's coming off the press, and the fact that the press being used doesn't have a unit counter, the labels need to be organized and counted by hand. Then bound. Then bagged. Then boxed.

The weird bit is that we've already done this job before, so they should know about how long it would take to run. At least I'm guaranteed full-time work for a while, between this and some other upcoming jobs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146436 on: August 07, 2019, 05:42:46 pm »

So... today you got 1/20th done... for a project due five days from now. Assuming y'all work through weekends and have the monday for it, too. Likely completion rate at this speed: 30%!

Congratulations, you've brutally failed the test :P

Who's the lucky bastard that gets to tell the boss when the impossible deadline imposses itself all over your insufficient pile of labels?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146437 on: August 07, 2019, 05:52:46 pm »

The manager is on vacation, so I don't know. One of the sales people, probably. At least one of them already knew before coming out for a progress check, but he wasn't the one that OK'd the job.

And we only got 1/20th printed. Not even counted, let alone boxed. We have a night shift, but they don't run any of the machines. Going by their track record though, I expect a half a box by the morning, and it's packed improperly.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146438 on: August 07, 2019, 06:47:56 pm »

Id like to thank you for taking part in our company's growing imposition of trust exercises.  We here at Company understand its hard to watch all your work go in for nothing, and as an assurance of our good faith have decided to redress any concerns you still have at our family-oriented company outing.

Thank you for your understanding
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146439 on: August 07, 2019, 09:43:25 pm »

Id like to thank you for taking part in our company's growing imposition of trust exercises.  We here at Company understand its hard to watch all your work go in for nothing, and as an assurance of our good faith have decided to redress any concerns you still have at our family-oriented company outing.

Thank you for your understanding

Shit, I've seen that language before. That's HR-speak for "your getting fired for unrelated reasons and we already have 3 people willing to lie be witnesses."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #146440 on: August 08, 2019, 06:26:28 am »

I only just realized this.

No plans for a party with this short a warning.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146441 on: August 08, 2019, 07:12:56 am »

Walk by TV to hear some televangelist fuckwit calling a fertility god a "god of sexual immorality". Not the first time I've heard that particular ass spew bullshit like that, either.
Ask not!
Ask!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146442 on: August 08, 2019, 07:34:45 am »

So, I'm currently the caretaker of the new website that this organization recently commissioned from a third party advertisement/media design company.

In short; I'm cleaning up after the professionals.

Some highlights:

It is professionally crafted to a high standard. Which means it's built in WordPress.

There's an embedded Google Maps element, but the API for using it is invalid/for testing purposes only and the map doesn't actually load.

The icons in the footer only work on the home page, because the custom WordPress theme these guys cooked up has a CSS meta tag that references the icon library on the prototype server URL, not the release server. Every other page therefore kicks up a cross-origin error.

We haven't been given login details for the server, so we can't do much about it.

There was an image in the layout that the graphic designer had found in a daily featured pictures list on some free use site. The problem was that instead of downloading a local copy, they linked the layout directly to the image hosting URL. Which was a daily feature URL. Meaning it directs to a different image every day.

There were 4-5 sample/test pages that were left over from development that, while not directly linked to, were still published and could be found via the site's search engine.

There's an animated background graphic of a fountain on the front page. The professionals maintain that the best way of doing this was to directly link to a YouTube video that's just embedded as a background element and is constantly playing and replaying. Now we have to deal with the graphic blacking out to re-buffer itself whenever it finishes its 30 second playtime, and the occasional errors and verbose violations it throws whenever Google attempts to load an ad at the beginning of it or the video resets and coughs up some nonsense about needing to set a timeout observer.

At what point am I legally allowed to throw old fish at these people?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146443 on: August 08, 2019, 07:40:31 am »

Just as soon as you can figure out how to make the throw while leaving no admissable evidence of your fermented piscine assault.
Ask not!
Ask!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146444 on: August 08, 2019, 08:46:03 am »

Jebodiah Foppe
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9761 9762 [9763] 9764 9765 ... 11037